Britain & the European Union: in or out?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Should Britain remain in the EU, or leave?

Remain
44%
Leave
56%

Total votes : 36

Re: Britain & the European Union: in or out?

Postby CCP » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:19 am

The currency markets are nuts right now. Everything was going through the roof before the first results were announced. Now the pound (and everything else) is through the floor since Leave started leading. I've lost 40% in one currency account over this. Unbelievable.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Govenor12 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 am

"Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Britons never will be slaves"

Finally. To all the scaremongers and beaurocrats: You're finished.
Govenor12

Postby Autokrator15 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 pm

Govenor12 wrote:"Rule, Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Britons never will be slaves"

Finally. To all the scaremongers and beaurocrats: You're finished.

Indeed! The begin of the end of the EU! I love it <3
Autokrator15

Postby Farsun » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm glad you guys decided to leave, it really is good for your sovereignty don't listen to the scaremongering.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Aquinas » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:01 pm

This decision is a disaster, and I think a lot of people who voted Leave are realising this already.
Aquinas

Postby Farsun » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Aquinas wrote:This decision is a disaster, and I think a lot of people who voted Leave are realising this already.

How so? In order to trade with the EU you'll have to abide by their regulations anyway. You'll be able to deal with other countries separately without EU making bloc deals for you when you have great cultural and soft power.

It's fearmongrring and scare tactics from the international banking cartel.

It's absolutely scary to see people sacrificing their nations sovereignty for perceived economic benefit. Absolutely scary.
Farsun

Postby CCP » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Farsun wrote:
Aquinas wrote:This decision is a disaster, and I think a lot of people who voted Leave are realising this already.

How so? In order to trade with the EU you'll have to abide by their regulations anyway. You'll be able to deal with other countries separately without EU making bloc deals for you when you have great cultural and soft power.

It's absolutely scary to see people sacrificing their nations sovereignty for perceived economic benefit. Absolutely scary.

It's worse to see armchair observers wax principled when 'sovereign' peoples prices have shot up 15% in a matter of minutes all over the world. There was nothing perceived or theoretical about this. It happened. 40% losses have turned to 70% losses, and this is a pattern for people's savings globally over the last 12 hours.

The European Union was always a bad idea and due to its schizophrenic implementation is destined to fail. But you fix a mistake like the European Union through deliberate decision-making and orderly deconstruction done by elected representatives. You don't do it by shucking off responsibility onto a decision of voters who can only know what propagandists tell them. This was a dumber move on Cameron's part than the Scotland vote, and it's going to get much worse from here for entirely avoidable reasons.
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Farsun » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:21 pm

CCP wrote:
Farsun wrote:

It's worse to see armchair observers wax principled when 'sovereign' peoples prices have shot up 15% in a matter of minutes all over the world. There was nothing perceived or theoretical about this. It happened. 40% losses have turned to 70% losses, and this is a pattern for people's savings globally over the last 12 hours.

The European Union was always a bad idea and due to its schizophrenic implementation is destined to fail. But you fix a mistake like the European Union through deliberate decision-making and orderly deconstruction done by elected representatives. You don't do it by shucking off responsibility onto a decision of voters who can only know what propagandists tell them. This was a dumber move on Cameron's part than the Scotland vote, and it's going to get much worse from here for entirely avoidable reasons.

It's funny because the UK was, from people I know and have spoken to, have said that electing MEP doesn't even matter because most of the EU is run by bureaucrats and non-elected officials. How is that deliberative discussion when the EU Parliament is useless except for infringing on sovereignty?
Farsun

Postby hts » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:22 pm

I have a good amount of money in the stock market, well at least a good amount for a teenager, and I honesty think that the market is overreacting. Brexit has caused a massive sell off in the American stock market, some of which is simply uncalled for. There are many companies that are not tied to British markets, and whose growth is more secular in nature, that are also taking a dip. I am viewing this as an opportunity to get shares in some of these companies at a discount.

I think that soon everyone will calm down and realize that the Brexit is not the end of the world, and that the global economy will survive.

I think this is yet another indicator of the global discontent with bureaucracy and the ruling class. A similar anti-globalization sentiment is growing in the US, and we saw that through the rise of Trump and Sanders. I don't know where this discontent is going to lead us, but it certainly is monumental from an objective and historical viewpoint.
“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”
hts

Postby Reddy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:41 pm

CCP wrote:It's worse to see armchair observers wax principled when 'sovereign' peoples prices have shot up 15% in a matter of minutes all over the world. There was nothing perceived or theoretical about this. It happened. 40% losses have turned to 70% losses, and this is a pattern for people's savings globally over the last 12 hours.

This.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic