World of Warcraft

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

World of Warcraft

Postby Warlock » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Anyone here playing WoW? Started playing it again as a present to myself for my new job. Always been a great Horde (specifically belf) loyalist so seeing the new Warchief was a big pleasant surprise. :D Playing RP-PVP and the Scarlet Crusade seems kinda utterly dead now so there goes my only reason to RP on the alliance side (well, the Draenei is kinda cool still, so might do something with my low level Draenei shaman one day).

I usually play as a mage-like char in most fantasy games so I've mostly played as a Mage, Warlock or Shadow Priest although Shaman/Druid is kinda nice too. I've started to level a blood elf paladin alt, and it feels like total ezmode compared to the warlock I'm used to despite not having any appropriate heirlooms for the class. But the tabard is cool. :mrgreen:

In general I must say it feels like WoW becomes easier and easier for each year though. I first started playing the game around 10 years ago during the Burning Crusade era, back then you could actually die doing usual quests if you did something wrong lol. :lol:
Also known as SelucianCrusader
Warlock

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby Elf » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:08 pm

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/3/16603922/world-of-warcraft-classic-announced-trailer-wow-blizzcon-2017

This is literally the greatest thing that's happened since sliced bread... :o Official legacy servers. With Classic WoW. This is so great mere words are not enough explain it...
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Hrafn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Amazingly, I've never played WoW, but I loved Warcraft 3, the RTS. It's been many years since I played it though. The Undead were my favorite faction, and I was particularly fond of the Dreadlord hero. The Human Archmage was the boringest one.
Hrafn

Postby Elf » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:44 pm

I'm a blood elf fan in general... but Sylvanas is my all-time favourite character in general. IIRC my first toon was an undead mage.

I also played WC3 a lot (reason why I love belfs and forsaken are because of the campaigns) but my favourite faction there was actually the Orcs. Nelfs and undead were both fun but I just liked Orcs more for some reason. As for favourite hero... hm.. Far seer and Witch doctor was both pretty cool...

If you ever wanna play human.. it's Blood mage all the way ofc (I recall downloading some custom scenarios were I could play belfs like in the campaigns instead of normal boring goody-two-shoes homans).
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Hrafn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:21 pm

I loved the Blood Elf campaign in TFT, especially after you team up with the Naga. I wonder why they didn't make them (at least the latter) playable on normal maps. Balance reasons? Of course, you can make them playable with the World Editor, but still.
Hrafn

Return to Off-topic