POWER Game

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

POWER Game

Postby stalin1953 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello. This seems like a community interested in politics, so I'd like to introduce a game that might be of interest to you all: oppressive.games/power

This is a pretty realistic political/election simulation game where you can run as a governor or a senator for any of the 50 states, each of which have unique demographic statistics. There are also political parties (you can create your own if you wish) and presidential elections every 400 hours or so. You get a certain amount of power every hour and you use it to raise money and home state influence. As a governor, you have power over state policy, such as infrastructure projects and taxes. As a senator, you can propose and filibuster bills.

If you're interested, then create an account. After that, click on the header "Parties" and click "Party List". Then find the Democratic Party and join it. The Democrats are in complete turmoil, as we had a party chairman who refused to help any of us win our races and instead laughed at us. He then proceeded to empty the party treasury, leaving us helpless against the Republicans. Then one wing of the Democratic Party started accusing another wing of ruining the game by running a candidate against the party's chosen nominee. Later, some Democrats proceeded to coup the Party Chairman and Bernie Sanders became our new chair. It's a long story, but I hope that you can see from above that we're in need of help!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have!
stalin1953

Re: POWER Game

Postby TPPDJT » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm

This actually looks really interesting. I'll make sure to join sometime today.
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Re: POWER Game

Postby MarkWill » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:55 am

That looks awfully familiar.

Even though I'm not sure who you are, I'm glad you're recruiting. The reformist wing of the Democratic Party needs new members!
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Return to Off-topic