Russian Revolution

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Russian Revolution

Postby Aquinas » Sun May 07, 2017 4:57 pm

This year is the centenary of the Russian Revolution, and probably like some others of you, I've been hearing quite a bit about it in the media coverage.

Any ideas/insights into what we should make of it, 100 years on?
Aquinas

Re: Russian Revolution

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 pm

A great tragedy marking the beginning of the atrocities of communism. Millions would have survived without Mao, the tragedies of Southeast Asia may never have occurred, and no 20th Century style Cold War.

God save the House of Romanov and Her Imperial Highness Maria Vladimirovna, Grand Duchess of Russia
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Axxell » Sun May 07, 2017 6:21 pm

I don't think we can give all the faults to the bad communist! It was not the communism, but the men which exploited it to gain an absolute power.
The february and the october revolutions are obviously also fault of whom governed, of the society and economic system imposed, of the conseguences of international events,etc... Etc.. Etc...
It was a founding event of the XX cemtury which contributed to enrich the collective global culture, hoping to learn about also the most dark events derived.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun May 07, 2017 6:27 pm

Axxell wrote:I don't think we can give all the faults to the bad communist! It was not the communist, but the men which exploited it to gain an absolute power.
The february and the october revolutions are obviously also fault of whom governed, of the society and economic system imposed, of the conseguences of international events,etc... Etc.. Etc...
It was a founding event of the XX cemtury which contributed to enrich the collective global culture, hoping to learn about also the most dark events derived.

Oh sure. But then can you not say that "we can't give all the faults to the bad fascist/nazi! It was not the fascist/nazi, but the men who exploited it to gain absolute power"? All ideologies have bad things about them and are supported by bad eggs, but the communists killed millions more than anyone else in a single century. That is truly evil.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Axxell » Sun May 07, 2017 7:42 pm

I would add also that to me we should also separate communism and fascism by the nazism! I consider only the nazism something of true evil, because we find in its founding principles concept totally wrong: race suprematism (which we should separate by nationalism) and the support for the elimination of an entire ethnicity.

Communism and fascism do not contain similar ideas! They have social, economic and political rational program and philosphy behind them.

The problem is that when similar system fall to be dictature, of a man as well as of an idea (and its party), etc... The horrors came automatically!
Annd similar system, especially on the social and politcal side are destined to fail, because to assure their stability at the power shall necessary fall in the coercition and in the repression.

similar utopia can work only if each member of the society acts according to the principles and the values of the system.
A society of perfect men (according to the system), something the personally I think is simply impossible and so this is way I believe all these radical systems cannot never work.
Axxell

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun May 07, 2017 7:46 pm

Communism advocates the supremacy of the working class and the elimination of all other classes, which defies nature. Ideologies that defy nature are evil.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Axxell » Sun May 07, 2017 8:28 pm

In reality the communism, the marxism first of all, declares that the dictatorship of the proletariat is not real communism, but it is a specific necessity to contrast the bourgeois system and then to overcome the division in classes of the society.
It is not "elimination of all other classes" so that to have only a workers society! workers, intellectuals, professionists, technicians, doctors, artists, etc... should not be anymore divided in a system where someone controls the others to gain advantages for him and its classes hurting others.
But as said, on the paper all works very well! But the men and the different interest groups will always act to defend their ideas, values and beliefs as well as their privilege of course.
It is a question of sociology inside the human groups, a question of personal charisma of some individuals, ambitions, particolars interests, etc...
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Last edited by jamescfm on Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamescfm

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun May 07, 2017 8:57 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Liu Che/Zhuli wrote:Ideologies that defy nature are evil.

I sincerely hope this was hyperbole, given that almost all ideologies 'defy nature'.

Well of course!
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Hrafn » Sun May 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Nazism is also nice in theory. Like a mix of Sound of Music and Starship Troopers.
Hrafn

Next

Return to Off-topic