Music Profiles

Anything that isn't part of the game or its community goes here. KEEP IT CIVIL!

Re: Music Profiles

Postby Wu Han » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:35 am

*IN NO WAY A COMPLETE LIST, just off the top of my head so probably forgetting a whole bunch... may add to it later.

Song that gives you chills at one point when you listen to it: Hymne à l'amour - Édith Piaf, You Only Live Twice - Nancy Sinatra

Favourite artists of all time: Björk, Kate Bush, David Bowie, PJ Harvey, Michael Jackson, Janis Ian, Violetta Parra, Victor Jara, Prince

Favourite artists right now: Anderson .Paak, Arca, anders, Haruomi (Harry) Hosono, jeebanoff (personal friend so i must name drop)

Favourite rappers of all time: Nas, Biggie Smalls, or Mobb Deep

Favourite rappers right now: Dumbfoundead, M.I.A, Death Grips, Post Malone, Cardi B (lmao), KOHH, KYLE, EPIK HIGH

Favourite bands of all time: The Cleaners from Venus, New Order, Dead Kennedys, Blondie, Tool, Radiohead, Nirvana

Favourite bands right now: Lucius, King Tuff, Bodebrixen, hyukoh, Hello Seahorse!, Los Bunkers

Favourite classical piece of music: Either Mozart's Symphony No. 29 or Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony

Guilty pleasures: Shania Twain (when I'm drunk)(or honestly whenever)(...i love shania twain), BTS, BLACKPINK, Selena, BIG BANG

Honourable mentions: Onra, Bauuer, Diana Wang, okasian, R.E.M, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Zion.T, Julie London, Joni Mitchell, Billie Holiday, Gord Downie, Sky Ferreria, Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians, Fast Romantics, PUP, G-DRAGON, Kendrick Lamar, FKA twigs, Johnny Cash, DEAN, The Cure, Conway Twitty, Hiromi Iwasaki, Lionel Richie, Astrud Gilberto, Mariah Carey, Céline Dion (listen, i'm a quebecer), Marvin Gaye, Aaliyah, IU, ЛУНА
Deputy Continental Roleplay Coordinator for Dovani

莲花党 (Lotus Party) - Indrala [Active]
Wu Han

Re: Music Profiles

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:47 pm

I thought about editing my original post but it would be nice to keep a record of my changing tastes. I've decided not to "repeat" artists (e.g. I didn't consider my favourite artist for the favourite band category or the old school category).
Favourite song of all time: "Hand In Glove" by The Smiths
Favourite artist of all time: The Smiths
Favourite album of all time: "The Smiths" by The Smiths
Favourite classical piece of music: Leoš Janáček's String Quartet No. 2 "Intimate Letters"
Favourite band: The Beatles
Favourite solo artist: Björk
Favourite 'old-school' artist (pre-1990): Echo & the Bunnymen
Recently discovered artists you're into: DMA's, Bloc Party, Wolf Alice, The Night Café
Honourable mentions: Radiohead, Johnny Cash, Kasabian, The Kooks, The Strokes, Oasis, The Cribs, Manic Street Preachers, Paolo Nutini, Dolly Parton, Prince

jamescfm

Previous

Return to Off-topic