Austrian Parliamentary Elections

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Which party would you vote for?

Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ)
50%
Austrian Peoples Party (ÖVP)
9%
Freedom Party of Austria (FPÖ)
27%
The Greens (G)
No votes
NEOs (NEO)
No votes
Black-Yellow Alliance (SGA)
9%
Pirate Party of Austria (PPÖ)
No votes
Communist Party of Austria (KPÖ)
No votes
Liste Pilz (Independent)
No votes
Team Stronach (TS)
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Austrian Parliamentary Elections

Postby Hrafn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Mbites wrote:Funny enough that most people who vote for the FPÖ were former SPÖ voters. Always laugh at that fact, I think there is a similar Labour->UKIP relation, or there was one.

Nothing funny about that. The so-called "right-wing populist" parties stand for working class interests, which the Social Democratic parties no longer do.
Hrafn

Postby Aethan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Hrafn wrote:
Mbites wrote:Funny enough that most people who vote for the FPÖ were former SPÖ voters. Always laugh at that fact, I think there is a similar Labour->UKIP relation, or there was one.

Nothing funny about that. The so-called "right-wing populist" parties stand for working class interests, which the Social Democratic parties no longer do.

Only for an specific group of "working class" people
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby jamescfm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Last edited by jamescfm on Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamescfm

Postby Aethan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Aethan wrote:
Hrafn wrote:Nothing funny about that. The so-called "right-wing populist" parties stand for working class interests, which the Social Democratic parties no longer do.

Only for an specific group of "working class" people

An intolerant group. The Labour to UKIP shift was vastly overstated and overanalysed. Most UKIP supporters were just xenophobic Tories who had decided the Tories weren't xenophobic enough anymore. Fortunately, the Tories have gone back to being xenophobic so the UKIP vote has collapsed.

That's why I prefer a big party having a wide range from the right-wing politics, so the most extremist parties won't stand a chance against them. At least that's what happen in Spain, but reading a bit I have seen that the FPO has a lot of support in Austria so I'm afraid about these elections results...
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Mbites » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 am

Aethan wrote:That's why I prefer a big party having a wide range from the right-wing politics, so the most extremist parties won't stand a chance against them. At least that's what happen in Spain, but reading a bit I have seen that the FPO has a lot of support in Austria so I'm afraid about these elections results...

Well, the conservatives are going to be the strongest party, I just hope that the social democrats will be the second strongest so we have a strong left wing opposition. The FPÖ struggles to overcome the SPÖ as second strongest party. But a very Right-Wing government is sadly inevitable in these elections.
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Aethan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Mbites wrote:
Aethan wrote:That's why I prefer a big party having a wide range from the right-wing politics, so the most extremist parties won't stand a chance against them. At least that's what happen in Spain, but reading a bit I have seen that the FPO has a lot of support in Austria so I'm afraid about these elections results...

Well, the conservatives are going to be the strongest party, I just hope that the social democrats will be the second strongest so we have a strong left wing opposition. The FPÖ struggles to overcome the SPÖ as second strongest party. But a very Right-Wing government is sadly inevitable in these elections.

Well, it seems like you were right... :?
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby Elf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:19 pm

I don't like any of the choices tbh... wish there was a more moderate Eurosceptic party than FPÖ who are in cahoots with Le Pen and friends.. maybe BZÖ.. but they seem kinda dead...

That Monarchist party seems interesting though.

EDIT: so does Team Stronach... guess I could vote for them. Though their website is.. crap.. looks like a sticker from the 80's ('for more information, call our Telefax on this number'). :D
Last edited by Elf on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby JuliaAJA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Austria can into Hungary?
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Hrafn » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:07 am

Elf wrote:EDIT: so does Team Stronach... guess I could vote for them. Though their website is.. crap.. looks like a sticker from the 80's ('for more information, call our Telefax on this number'). :D

By Odin's beard, that's awful :lol:

It would be really funny if a monarchist party rose to power and reintroduced monarchy through democratic means.
Hrafn

Postby Aethan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am

Hrafn wrote:
Elf wrote:EDIT: so does Team Stronach... guess I could vote for them. Though their website is.. crap.. looks like a sticker from the 80's ('for more information, call our Telefax on this number'). :D

By Odin's beard, that's awful :lol:

It would be really funny if a monarchist party rose to power and reintroduced monarchy through democratic means.

Would any nation whish to reintroduce monarchism? Sincere question, I have no idea and since I live in a monarchy not many people is happy with it...
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic