Have You served in the Armed Forces?

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Have You served in the Armed Forces?

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 pm

I have. 9 months in the Greek army logistics corps as a cook.

Did the standard military training regime (Learning to take apart your rifle,aim and shoot (not necessarily hit the target) throw a grenade, bayonet charge, standard fire team tactics etc)

You guys?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Re: Have You served in the Armed Forces?

Postby Hrafn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:37 pm

I applied for service in the Swedish Armed Forces, but I f****d up at the psychological evaluation. Basically, the psychologist (an old harpy who spoke in a pretentious faux-upper class accent :mrgreen: ) thought that I was unfit for military service on account of having gone to university but not having a degree (yet), and also because I drink a beer every day (as opposed to being completely sober during the week and drinking myself shitfaced in the weekends, like normal people do). I was very surprised to being asked the same kind of inane questions that you usually get at a job interview, like "how would you describe yourself with three words" :lol:
From what I heard from friends and aquaintances who have been in the army, the organization is basically split in half: one half are very sensible and competent people (mostly men), the other half are the biggest fools you'll ever meet (mostly women). I suspect my psychologist belonged to the latter category. :lol:

I'll probably be of better use as far as defending the country goes by getting a hunter's license and learning to shoot that way, which is a very real opportunity now that I have moved to the northern part of the country.

I have received some civilian training by the military though. Things like 1st Aid, how to handle emergencies, etc.
Hrafn

Postby Corvo Attano » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 am

Hrafn wrote:I applied for service in the Swedish Armed Forces, but I f****d up at the psychological evaluation. Basically, the psychologist (an old harpy who spoke in a pretentious faux-upper class accent :mrgreen: ) thought that I was unfit for military service on account of having gone to university but not having a degree (yet), and also because I drink a beer every day (as opposed to being completely sober during the week and drinking myself shitfaced in the weekends, like normal people do). I was very surprised to being asked the same kind of inane questions that you usually get at a job interview, like "how would you describe yourself with three words" :lol:
From what I heard from friends and aquaintances who have been in the army, the organization is basically split in half: one half are very sensible and competent people (mostly men), the other half are the biggest fools you'll ever meet (mostly women). I suspect my psychologist belonged to the latter category. :lol:

I'll probably be of better use as far as defending the country goes by getting a hunter's license and learning to shoot that way, which is a very real opportunity now that I have moved to the northern part of the country.

I have received some civilian training by the military though. Things like 1st Aid, how to handle emergencies, etc.
After the phycology written test mine asked why wrote Yes in the question have you ever thought of hurting yourself or someone else.

My answer to him was: Doc this question is ass and here is why.

Have I ever thought of hurting myself? No
Have I ever thought of hurting someone else? Yes who the fuck hasn't
Have I ever actually hurt someone else? No

Pretty much told him this question should be split into 3.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Hrafn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:51 am

Corvo Attano wrote:After the phycology written test mine asked why wrote Yes in the question have you ever thought of hurting yourself or someone else.

:lol: One of the questions on my questionaire was "Have you ever been bullied or teased?". To be truthful I had to answer "yes" because I'm pretty sure that I've been teased every now and then for wearing untrendy clothing or not having enough Pokemon cards or something stupid like that (who the fuck hasn't?).
The psychologist looked at me and said "I can see from your questionaire that you've been bullied." I felt I had to explain to her that there is a significant difference between bullying and teasing and that the question is so vague as to be useless.
She constantly misread my CV as well, so I suspect she has trouble with reading comprehension. I'm amazed that this woman could get a PhD :lol:
Hrafn

Postby Corvo Attano » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Hrafn wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:After the phycology written test mine asked why wrote Yes in the question have you ever thought of hurting yourself or someone else.

:lol: One of the questions on my questionaire was "Have you ever been bullied or teased?". To be truthful I had to answer "yes" because I'm pretty sure that I've been teased every now and then for wearing untrendy clothing or not having enough Pokemon cards or something stupid like that (who the fuck hasn't?).
The psychologist looked at me and said "I can see from your questionaire that you've been bullied." I felt I had to explain to her that there is a significant difference between bullying and teasing and that the question is so vague as to be useless.
She constantly misread my CV as well, so I suspect she has trouble with reading comprehension. I'm amazed that this woman could get a PhD :lol:

Oh dude I feel ya mine show the question and flinched and looked at me like I was gonna grab a gun and kill myself.

How do I know this? He literally asked me: "If I give you a gun your not gonna kill yourself or anybody else right?"

I nonchalantly said: "Jesus doc its not my fault the questionnaire is ass."

By the way do the swedish armed forces still use the AK4 at all?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby matthewleitch » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm

I haven't and I have no interest in doing so.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:12 pm

matthewleitch wrote:I haven't and I have no interest in doing so.

Well your not missing much truthfully. Minus the yelling, nervousness and being scheduled like your a non-person you can recreate everything in the back yard of your home with a shotgun and free time.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Hrafn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:By the way do the swedish armed forces still use the AK4 at all?

It's still in use by the Home Guard.
Hrafn

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Hrafn wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:By the way do the swedish armed forces still use the AK4 at all?

It's still in use by the Home Guard.

Sadly the greek army doesn't got any funds to change to a better rifle.

Though I do believe that the AK4 is a better variant of HK G3 than the one we greeks are using.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby JuliaAJA » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:15 am

I have strongly considered enlisting but I am just too out of shape right now.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Next

Return to Off-topic