The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Anything that isn't part of the game or its community goes here. KEEP IT CIVIL!

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Lemongrab » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Hrafn wrote:
I wrote:What's next, a ban on cutting off a piece of an infant's dick?


Iceland beats you to it:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/18/iceland-ban-male-circumcision-first-european-country

Well done Iceland :D
User avatar
Lemongrab
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Elf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Meh. Seems like a symbolic issue for dogmatic secularists and people who view it as something that looks ugly and is done by "the other" (Jews/Muslims), while not reflecting whenever ear rings on little kids is any more natural of course. There's absolutely no proof of circumcision being harmful in any way, rather the opposite.
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Hrafn » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 pm

Elf wrote:Meh. Seems like a symbolic issue for dogmatic secularists and people who view it as something that looks ugly and is done by "the other" (Jews/Muslims), while not reflecting whenever ear rings on little kids is any more natural of course. There's absolutely no proof of circumcision being harmful in any way, rather the opposite.

The day parents start forcing earrings on children or piercing newborns I will argue for banning it. Luckily, that is not the case.
Furthermore, earrings don't remove nerve endings from a bodypart that is supposed to be sensitive to touch and they don't remove a natural moisturizer from a bodypart that is supposed to be moist. Unlike circumcisions they are also fully reversible.
Finally, the supposed benefits of circumcision are absolute horseshit. STD prevention? You shouldn't be fucking random strangers anyway and certainly not without a condom. Hygiene? Teach your kids to use a shower instead, pig. Phimosis? That's like preemptively removing someone's toenails at birth because they might get onychocryptosis.
We recognize it as a crime to perform a circumcision on an unwilling adult, so why would it be less of a crime to do it to a baby?

It's a barbaric practice that has no place in a nordic society. If jews and muslims think it's so central to their identity, they can go and live somewhere else. I don't really care if they do it to their own children - that's ultimately outside of our control, but I don't want this vile custom to spread to our kind, and I hope the Americans will eventually rid themselves of it. That's why it needs to be banned in the West.

I have high hopes that Iceland will actually push this bill through. They are a proud people not known for cucking.

I also have to say that it's funny when jews argue that circumcision is completely benign and that newborns won't remember it or suffer any trauma from it. If that is the case, what exactly is the symbolic value of sacrificing the foreskin to make a covenant with god? How is it a sacrifice at all? And what is the point of a sacrifice that isn't voluntary? How can a covenant be based on something that was done to you at an age where you had no understanding of it and which (as they argue) you don't even remember at all?
If they instead self-circumcised at, say, the onset of puberty, I could at least have some respect for them.

By the way, the one and only jewish friend I have is also anti-circumcision. Go figure.
User avatar
Hrafn
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Where the sun does not set

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby PhilG » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Elf wrote:Meh. Seems like a symbolic issue for dogmatic secularists and people who view it as something that looks ugly and is done by "the other" (Jews/Muslims), while not reflecting whenever ear rings on little kids is any more natural of course. There's absolutely no proof of circumcision being harmful in any way, rather the opposite.


What you said about the "proof" isn't true. There's absolutely no (real) evidence either way for circumcision, just people forwarding their respective agendas. As to the othering, I can't deny there's probably a level of racism/religious bigotry involved somewhere along the lines (especially given that Nordic countries don't necessarily have the best reputations on that), but to try and paint an anti-circumcision argument as being bigoted/"dogmatic secularist" (whatever that means) is a strawman. Plenty of Christian/non-religious families circumcise as well (especially here in the US, where it's the norm). I was circumcised. Would I have gotten it if I were given a choice? No, because like I said there's no concrete evidence that a circumcised penis is particularly healthier than one that isn't, nor is there any real reason for it outside of "tradition," which is a horrible reason to do anything, let alone something that literally mutilates an infant for life.
Briser les chânes !
PhilG
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 am

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Hrafn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:23 pm

On the subject of the EU being stupid, behold the European Capital of Culture contest.

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/02/eu-hungarian-town-cant-be-european-capital-of-culture-because-there-are-too-many-happy-white-people/

"[T]he EU’s jury rejected the submission of Székesfehérvár’s debut film: “There are too many happy white people and crosses, and not enough migrants,” the jury said."

We can only assume that the Eurocrats' vision of Europe is depressed brown people in burqas.
User avatar
Hrafn
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Where the sun does not set

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Elf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm

I have a foreskin, and I can guarantee those who haven't got one, that you're not really missing anything lol. Well, maybe that's its hard to pee during cold weather... :lol:

We are not born as blank sheets of paper. Our forefathers live again through us. My parents are socialists and that will always affect me, whenever I like it or not. Went to a Waldorf school - same there. I don't see any compelling reason to hinder boys from their parents' ancient tradition other than some other people feeling uncomfortable because of it (that includes liberal secular Jews who think so as well). I don't think its right to ban something simply because it makes one emotionally uncomfortable. Even though that seems like a popular thing to do, these days.

To forbid circumcision of boy children is to ban Judaism. Jews should feel confident that their religion can be practised in Europe without restrictions.

Oh, and like Poland, I'd respect Hungary a lot more if they took their convictions seriously and left the EU. That'd do us other a favour too, btw.
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Hrafn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Elf wrote:I have a foreskin, and I can guarantee those who haven't got one, that you're not really missing anything lol.

No, you can't.

Elf wrote:Jews should feel confident that their religion can be practised in Europe without restrictions.

Why? Isn't Israel good enough?
User avatar
Hrafn
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Where the sun does not set

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Hrafn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm

Also, Paula Bieler, a jewish Sweden Democrat politician, has applauded Iceland's anti-circ bill on social media.

The irony :D
User avatar
Hrafn
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Where the sun does not set

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby Elf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Hrafn wrote:Also, Paula Bieler, a jewish Sweden Democrat politician, has applauded Iceland's anti-circ bill on social media.

The irony :D
Yeh, I know. I even put a :( on it on facebook.

She's an amazing person, but that doesn't mean she's infallible... In general, I think most Swedes have a hard time understanding the importance of traditional religious customs for people in the rest of the world, including people who are active the Church of Sweden. Well, religion in general really - how much of it is about unifying communities and nations rather than following some deity's commands to the letter.

It's not about being "pro-" or "anti-" circumcision in general. I have no desire to get circumcised. It's just that there aren't any really compelling reasons to ban it, especially when the consequence would be creating an unnecessary conflict with large segments of the Jewish people. :)
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
User avatar
Elf
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am
Location: Kali Yuga

Re: The Behaviour of the Eastern European Countries in the EU

Postby PhilG » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Elf wrote:It's not about being "pro-" or "anti-" circumcision in general. I have no desire to get circumcised. It's just that there aren't any really compelling reasons to ban it


Other than permanent physical mutilation to an infant incapable of giving their consent? If the tradition was getting circumcised once you reach a certain age, then it'd be a non-issue, but we're talking about babies here. I'm as opposed to circumcising infants as I am to baptizing them. Tradition or not, they're too young to understand what's going on, and far too young to understand the context behind the ceremony. Wait until they're older, then give them a choice. Sounds fair to me.
Briser les chânes !
PhilG
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 am

Previous

Return to Off-topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests