Star Trek

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Best Captain?

James T. Kirk
70%
Jean-Luc Picard
No votes
Benjamin Sisko
20%
Kathryn Janeway
No votes
Jonathan Archer
10%
Gabriel Lorca
No votes
Christopher Pike
No votes

Total votes : 10

Star Trek

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 pm

One of my favorite pieces of Communist propaganda has always been Star Trek. I have a real soft-spot in my heart for the Original Series, despite (or maybe because of) its sexism and overacting. The combination of Kirk-Spock-McCoy is excellent and right up there with Id-Ego-Superego.

I've been re-watching The Next Generation and giving some of the newer series' a chance - even the one with the guy from Quantum Leap as a captain.

What are your thoughts? Favorite captains? Favorite series? Loathsome one-world-government globalist Leftist propaganda?
Last edited by Jalal Al-e-Ahmad on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Re: Star Trek Nerd Stuff

Postby TPPDJT » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:20 am

Kirk easily.

I don't mean to brag, but I've watched every episode of ToS and TNG. Great stuff. I just haven't had the time to watch DS9 and Voyager.
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

Re: Star Trek

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:15 am

What's this? Another variation of Star Wars?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Hrafn » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:What's this? Another variation of Star Wars?
;) :D :lol:
Hrafn

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:17 pm

It is telling about the players of Particracy that Kirk would be so popular and Picard would not.

Everyone is a Putin waiting for their United Russia.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Corvo Attano » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 am

Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:It is telling about the players of Particracy that Kirk would be so popular and Picard would not.

Who the hell is Kirk and Picard?

Is this some copyrighted alternative shitty names for Luke and Han?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm

Corvo Attano wrote:
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad wrote:It is telling about the players of Particracy that Kirk would be so popular and Picard would not.

For a start, Star Trek came over a decade before a New Hope hit the cinemas in 1977. Secondly, it is like the most well known science fiction TV series ever. Star Trek is definitely much better than Star Wars, and its uplifting because it shows a future where the human race does get it right, and manages to explore into the stars.

I personally voted for Sisko cause he just has the most personality in my opinion. The others just have a too career or adventure based mentality, whereas Sisko is someone you can relate to more. DS9 was definitely not the best series, but because they were in one place for the entirety of the series, the characters' backgrounds were able to expanded more easily than in other series, which I thought was decent.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Hrafn » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:03 am

Arapaima13 wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:

For a start, Star Trek came over a decade before a New Hope hit the cinemas in 1977. Secondly, it is like the most well known science fiction TV series ever. Star Trek is definitely much better than Star Wars, and its uplifting because it shows a future where the human race does get it right, and manages to explore into the stars.

Dude, don't you have a troll detector?
Hrafn

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Star Trek doesn't have this kind of moments though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Hrafn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:28 pm

I find Star Trek to be rather boring. It's just not good SF. Its exploration of things like extraterrestrial civilizations, space travel, AI, post-scarcity economics etc. is pretty shallow and not very interesting or convincing, not least because it doesn't explain them scientifically.
By contrast Star Wars (except the prequels) works because it is fantasy, it knows that it is fantasy and it sticks to what makes fantasy good. The Force makes no sense scientifically, but it doesn't need to - it's supposed to be mystical (which is why introducing the "midichlorians" in the prequels diminishes it). (I could write an entire essay about why I hate the prequels.)

For SF, I prefer Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein and Frank Herbert.

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd5yB9Vmd6I
Hrafn

Return to Off-topic