"New World" forum game

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

"New World" forum game

Postby Mrdie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:47 pm

I figure some on here may find this of interest. A few users from Particracy are on the forum in question: http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx

Artan is a fictional continent set in the Atlantic. Players can either join as indigenous peoples (who are created by said players) or as colonizing powers (who are real countries, e.g. England, France, Spain, etc.)

The game is turn-based. It is a simulation of sorts, the game becoming increasingly complex as the years go by and players are confronted with developing societies. Politics, economics, culture, religion, and pretty much every facet of life are increasingly simulated in some way.

Users can join at any time.

For a while all stats and maps can only be viewed by players, so those not joining the game can't actually see what's going on till we're many turns in.

If you wish to join, you have two choices:
1. Play as an indigenous population (either created by you or joining as part of an existing player's population)
2. Play as part of a colonizing country (you get to choose which role, e.g. a colonial expedition, conquistadors, the church, planters, aristocrats, Puritans, etc.)

Send me a private message stating which of these you want to be.
The same forum also runs other games (e.g. a person is running a simulation of Colombia in 1849 where players join as historical individuals), but I figure Artan is more "Particracy-like" in terms of creativity.
Mrdie

Return to Off-topic