US 2020 Congressional Election

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

#1Which Party Will Win the Senate? #2Which Party Will Win the House?

#1 DEM
15%
#1 GOP
35%
#2 DEM
40%
#2 GOP
10%

Total votes : 20

US 2020 Congressional Election

Postby John Cracker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:31 am

We already have a thread for the US 2020 Presadential Election, but the congressional election is important to, will the GOP keep the senate, or will the DEMs pull through? Will the DEMs keep their grasp on the house, or will the GOP snatch their majority away? You have two votes, one for question #1 the other for question #2, please do not use both answers on the same question.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Re: US 2020 Congressional Election

Postby John Cracker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:34 am

I think that the GOP will keep the senate, with about 52 or 53 seats, best case 55 worst 50, right now I think the democrats will keep the house with a few less seats than they have now.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 pm

To those who think the dems will flip the Senate: Which states do you think will go for them?
John Cracker

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:58 am

I don't think Democrats will necessarily flip the Senate, but will likely gain seats. Current GOP held seats that I do expect to flip are Arizona, Colorado, and Maine. Jones will probably lose his seat in Alabama.
Sriracha

Postby John Cracker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Alabama will flip, and Colorado likely will, Maine will stay but ever so slightly, I don't know about Arizona, I think their is a pontential gain in Michigan and Minnesota for the GOP becuase of the riots, but right now I would say 52/48 GOP control.
John Cracker

Postby Luis1p » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 pm

John Cracker wrote:Alabama will flip, and Colorado likely will, Maine will stay but ever so slightly, I don't know about Arizona, I think their is a pontential gain in Michigan and Minnesota for the GOP becuase of the riots, but right now I would say 52/48 GOP control.

Based on how things are right now, and with trusted polling, I see the Senate as a 50-50 tie. The deciding states being Iowa and Maine.
Luis1p

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:55 pm

John Cracker wrote:Alabama will flip, and Colorado likely will, Maine will stay but ever so slightly, I don't know about Arizona, I think their is a pontential gain in Michigan and Minnesota for the GOP becuase of the riots, but right now I would say 52/48 GOP control.

Normally I would agree that Arizona would probably end up being a GOP hold, but Sen. McSally already lost a Senate race in 2018 to the Democrats and had to be appointed to her current seat. Also her opponent, Mark Kelly, appears to be leading at the moment so I'd say that there is a pretty good chance that the seat ends up flipping in 2020 as well.
Sriracha

Return to Off-topic