Activities as a commumity

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Activities as a commumity

Postby Liukupukki » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 am

Hey,
I've thought of having some activities as a community, perhaps movie/game nights or just some reoccurring international RP that we could do together. It would greatly help tie the community closer together. Would the other players be interested in something of the sorts? If so, what?

I could help with the arrangements, if there is something a majority of players would enjoy.

We've had a lot of things of this sort, but most have died down due to many of the old players who participated in such events having left the game. Would be great if we could start doing something once again.

Please give any feedback you might have on this topic, suggestions will be taken into consideration.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Re: Activities as a commumity

Postby neoliberalbad » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:16 pm

I'd love to, but IMO there are two things to take into consideration.

1 - How do we schedule these things? The Community is kinda international, so with time zones and all it could be difficult to find a one-size-fits-all time range.

2- What're we interested in? Personally I could see a HOI4 game or maybe a livestream of some media, but it's up to everyone else to decide. Maybe a secret event at Whale Island where representatives get wasted, diplomatic talk is dropped, and all diplomats begin to drunkenly rant and speak their real minds about other countries?
neoliberalbad

Postby wimpwampwomp » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:25 am

neoliberalbad wrote:I'd love to, but IMO there are two things to take into consideration.

1 - How do we schedule these things? The Community is kinda international, so with time zones and all it could be difficult to find a one-size-fits-all time range.

2- What're we interested in? Personally I could see a HOI4 game or maybe a livestream of some media, but it's up to everyone else to decide. Maybe a secret event at Whale Island where representatives get wasted, diplomatic talk is dropped, and all diplomats begin to drunkenly rant and speak their real minds about other countries?

This thread had already been two days inactive, but that last part sounds fucking great.
wimpwampwomp

Postby Liukupukki » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:07 pm

This thread is old, but I saw it mentioned on the discord server, and I'd like to see this idea legitimately thought about, so here's my solutions to your questions:

Although timezones are annoying and make things a lot harder, weekends are the solution, as most people don't have jobs or school then, of course there are exceptions, but catering to every single person is impossible.

Well, as for HOI4, this community seems to like paradox games, and other grand strategy games, so I think maybe HOI4,CK2,VIC2, EU4, maybe CIV? If a common interest in movies, videos, etc arises, that would also be great. The whale island although sounds intriguing, is not really something I'd see myself organized, as it could not really be considered canon. Additional suggestions I have: We could play games as IC teams and somehow incorporate the games in RP, graphical design/drawing contests, just a general chill time where we could talk or listen to music tell jokes whatever people feel like doing, we tried minecraft before, it was somewhat successful, but ultimately inactivity came from that. Perhaps we could instead of having our own server, we could play as a team on another server. Factions or some sort of nation/city game.

Ideas are basically endless, it really comes to whether we can all agree on a singular subject.
Your friendly neighborhood Lube bottle. Contact me on discord rather than on forums. > Liukupukki#2896
Liukupukki

Return to Off-topic