Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby WildBeast » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:25 pm

Polites wrote:
WildBeast wrote:
Auditorii wrote:If I haven’t posted my thought, no, it isn’t passed. I’ve been trying to comprehend a reason why you’d have an issue with the current cultural protocols. The new cultural protocols address a number of background issues related to the presence of certain cultures, what reason does this new CUP provide?

Provides a less confusing mixture of cultures while keeping Tukarali as a country that isn't simply a replica from real life, as I don't see a reason to have the Filipino influence in Tukarali.

As the author of the current Cultural Protocol, I wanted to give my brief opinion on this.

Currently Filipinos make up roughly 40% of the population of Tukarali. If you want to get rid of them you need to do some RP, you can’t just make almost half of the population disappear out of the blue. The introduction of Filipino culture has been RPd before the current CP was adopted, you need to address that RP if you want to reverse it.

I introduced Philippine cultures in Tukarali because they are not present anywhere else and because they were in fact once present in Tukarali, before it became Portuguese speaking. If you remove them you would eliminate a major world culture from the game. Not to mention that the current CP does not in any way remove the Brazilian and Portuguese cultures from Tukarali, if you are so inclined you can completely ignore the Filipinos there.

Also the word “Lusitanians” is against the rules of the game as it is the name of a real life culture.

I disagree that Filipinos make up 40% of the population. Filipinos are included in Pardos, which is a term that is used to define people of mixed-race. It's pretty unfair to assume that all of that population is Filipino, as you did not state that in the CUP. Especially given that the current CUP is directly inspired by the current brazilian demographic, where the native population makes up for 0.43% of the overall population.

If you remove the Filipino Culture from Tukarali, you are not removing them from the game. There is already a Filipino minority in Dankuk, and there are also other Culturally Open countries that could have that culture.

I left the word Lusitanians from the previous CUPs, since it had been allowed several times before, I have no problem exchanging it.
Image República Tukarense - Partido Liberal (PL)
WildBeast

Postby Polites » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:57 am

Yes that part of the CP is left deliberately ambiguous.

There are no Filipinos in Dankuk, or at least not Filipino culture.

Regardless, if you want to change this part of the CP you need to back it up with RP, just like how there was RP backing up the current version of the Cultural Protocol.
Polites

Postby Polites » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:27 pm

Cultural Protocol update for Aloria: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693035

Differences from current version:

* Draddwyr replaced by Dradic, now defined as Celtic; the new name for "Welsh" is now Alorian;
* Breton and Cornish minorities introduced;
* 10% decline in number of Dundorfians;
* Alorian Dundorfians based specifically on Swiss Germans, and now speak Alemannic German;
* Yaeti, Alirlan, and Selucian removed;
* Alorian Hosian Church now defined as Old Catholic instead of Anglican, due to it being RPd as part of the Union of Nordland;
* Confessional Ameliorate Church of Dundorf now defined as containing both Lutheran and Calvinist elements, with the former more common in Aloria;
* Bogism renamed Dradic Paganism, based on Celtic Paganism;
* Aloria now takes cultural inspiration from Cornwall, Brittany, all of France, and Switzerland, in addition to Wales.

In terms of numbers, the changes are relatively minor and mostly serve to make room for the Bretons and Cornish. Culturally, the adoption of French and Swiss influence serves to make it easier to RP in Aloria, and this is justifiable as those areas were Celtic in the past. The goal is to make Aloria a sort of alternate history survival of Gaulish culture into modern times, though that's not the main emphasis. It also serves to make the presence of Dundorfians in Aloria easier to explain and not so different culturally from the rest of the nation. Bogism was a custom religion created for the game, and although some effort has gone into it it has not been RPd with for some time, and it is hard for a newcomer to wrap their head around.

I've done some RP to back up the recognition of the Breton and Cornish minorities, and I've also created a name list to help with character naming (also needed because IRL Welsh and Cornish names have been heavily Anglicized and Breton names are very Gallicized).
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:07 pm

Polites wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Aloria: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693035

* Draddwyr replaced by Dradic, now defined as Celtic; the new name for "Welsh" is now Alorian;
* Alorian Dundorfians based specifically on Swiss Germans, and now speak Alemannic German;
* Alorian Hosian Church now defined as Old Catholic instead of Anglican, due to it being RPd as part of the Union of Nordland;
* Confessional Ameliorate Church of Dundorf now defined as containing both Lutheran and Calvinist elements, with the former more common in Aloria;
* Aloria now takes cultural inspiration from Cornwall, Brittany, all of France, and Switzerland, in addition to Wales.

In terms of numbers, the changes are relatively minor and mostly serve to make room for the Bretons and Cornish. Culturally, the adoption of French and Swiss influence serves to make it easier to RP in Aloria, and this is justifiable as those areas were Celtic in the past. The goal is to make Aloria a sort of alternate history survival of Gaulish culture into modern times, though that's not the main emphasis. It also serves to make the presence of Dundorfians in Aloria easier to explain and not so different culturally from the rest of the nation. Bogism was a custom religion created for the game, and although some effort has gone into it it has not been RPd with for some time, and it is hard for a newcomer to wrap their head around.

I've done some RP to back up the recognition of the Breton and Cornish minorities, and I've also created a name list to help with character naming (also needed because IRL Welsh and Cornish names have been heavily Anglicized and Breton names are very Gallicized).

I will review and let you know, please provide the RP links for the introduction of Breton and Cornish in addition.
Trigunia (17 March Committee)
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:08 pm

WildBeast wrote:Cultural protocol update for Tukarali: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692689

* 15% shift from Pardos to Brancos
* Excludes Filipino from Tukarali's culture

The point of these changes is to return Tukarali to the Brazilian/Portuguese inspired cultured it had, since no RP is being done with the Filipino cultures.

This is denied, I think that the changes made are substantiated by RP and are reasonable.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:50 pm

Auditorii wrote:
jamescfm wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=692978

Cultural protocol update for Luthori. No major changes. The term "Luthorian Rajutti" has been replaced by "Luthorian Raktavani" to bring this cultural protocol in line with terms used elsewhere in the game (primarily Malivia and Vascania). The Black Luthorian (Black English) group has been introduced as a small minority.

The introduction of two new religious minority groups, Geraja (Hinduism) and Ahmadism (Islam), reflects the country's ethnic diversity. Both are effectively split out from the existing "Other" group.

I will review and let you know.

Any update on this?
jamescfm

Postby Polites » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:53 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Polites wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Aloria: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693035

I will review and let you know, please provide the RP links for the introduction of Breton and Cornish in addition.

Of course, here they are:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692553
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692657
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=250&p=185978&hilit=Sildarian#p185978
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=250&p=186049&hilit=Sildarian#p186049

I’ve also updated Aloria’s history page with these in mind.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:44 am

Cultural protocol update for Luthori. No major changes. The term "Luthorian Rajutti" has been replaced by "Luthorian Raktavani" to bring this cultural protocol in line with terms used elsewhere in the game (primarily Malivia and Vascania). The Black Luthorian (Black English) group has been introduced as a small minority.

The introduction of two new religious minority groups, Geraja (Hinduism) and Ahmadism (Islam), reflects the country's ethnic diversity. Both are effectively split out from the existing "Other" group.

This got lost in the shuffle, I’ll take a look and let you know.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:47 am

This is approved, please place a link to this approval and a copy of the passed bill in the “Bills under debate section”.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:20 am

Polites wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Of course, here they are:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692553
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=692657
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=250&p=185978&hilit=Sildarian#p185978
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=250&p=186049&hilit=Sildarian#p186049

I’ve also updated Aloria’s history page with these in mind.

Any update on this please?
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Requests