Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Queries (Approvals/Violations/Open)

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 am

To be entirely honest, I forgot about this. I’ll get to it by the end of today.
Trigunia (17 March Committee)
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:06 pm

Polites wrote:Cultural Protocol update for Aloria: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693035

Differences from current version:

* Draddwyr replaced by Dradic, now defined as Celtic; the new name for "Welsh" is now Alorian;
* Breton and Cornish minorities introduced;
* 10% decline in number of Dundorfians;
* Alorian Dundorfians based specifically on Swiss Germans, and now speak Alemannic German;
* Yaeti, Alirlan, and Selucian removed;
* Alorian Hosian Church now defined as Old Catholic instead of Anglican, due to it being RPd as part of the Union of Nordland;
* Confessional Ameliorate Church of Dundorf now defined as containing both Lutheran and Calvinist elements, with the former more common in Aloria;
* Bogism renamed Dradic Paganism, based on Celtic Paganism;
* Aloria now takes cultural inspiration from Cornwall, Brittany, all of France, and Switzerland, in addition to Wales.

In terms of numbers, the changes are relatively minor and mostly serve to make room for the Bretons and Cornish. Culturally, the adoption of French and Swiss influence serves to make it easier to RP in Aloria, and this is justifiable as those areas were Celtic in the past. The goal is to make Aloria a sort of alternate history survival of Gaulish culture into modern times, though that's not the main emphasis. It also serves to make the presence of Dundorfians in Aloria easier to explain and not so different culturally from the rest of the nation. Bogism was a custom religion created for the game, and although some effort has gone into it it has not been RPd with for some time, and it is hard for a newcomer to wrap their head around.

I've done some RP to back up the recognition of the Breton and Cornish minorities, and I've also created a name list to help with character naming (also needed because IRL Welsh and Cornish names have been heavily Anglicized and Breton names are very Gallicized).

This is approved, please place a copy of this approval and a link to the passed cultural protocol in the "Bills under debate" section.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:14 pm

Auditorii wrote:
jamescfm wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=692978

Cultural protocol update for Luthori. No major changes. The term "Luthorian Rajutti" has been replaced by "Luthorian Raktavani" to bring this cultural protocol in line with terms used elsewhere in the game (primarily Malivia and Vascania). The Black Luthorian (Black English) group has been introduced as a small minority.

The introduction of two new religious minority groups, Geraja (Hinduism) and Ahmadism (Islam), reflects the country's ethnic diversity. Both are effectively split out from the existing "Other" group.

This is approved, please place a link to this approval and a copy of the passed bill in the “Bills under debate section”.

Luthori's cultural protocol has not been updated on the Cultural Protocols Index.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:23 pm

Updated, must've missed it when it was updated last.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:32 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693898

Cultural protocol update for Cildania.

"Amazigh" and "Tamazight" have been added as alternatives to "Berber". No significant changes.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:55 pm

jamescfm wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=693898

Cultural protocol update for Cildania.

"Amazigh" and "Tamazight" have been added as alternatives to "Berber". No significant changes.

48 hour starts now.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:01 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=693920

Cultural protocol update for Mordusia. A few significant changes in this update.

"Mordusian" has been changed from "English" to "European Australian". The change reflects how Mordusia has generally been role-played in recent years and distinguishes the country from other countries in the game based on England. Saridani (Dutch) has been replaced with Duntrekker (Afrikaner) because this matches the terms used in the cultural protocol of Saridan.

The Canrillaise (French) population has been reduced by ten per cent for two reasons. The group has not been substantially role-played in Mordusia for several years and French people are already well-represented in other countries in South Seleya (i.e. Alduria, Kanjor and Rildanor).

Two churches have been merged together. The Bishopal Church of Mordusia (Protestant) and the Holy Luthori Church (Church of England) have been merged to create the Luthorian Church of Mordusia (Anglicanism). In a country that has a history of Luthorian colonial rule, it appears plausible to me that the largest Hosian denomination would be the Luthori Communion.

Given this is a substantial change, I appreciate it might take longer to consider. Thanks in advance.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:35 pm

jamescfm wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=693920

Cultural protocol update for Mordusia. A few significant changes in this update.

"Mordusian" has been changed from "English" to "European Australian". The change reflects how Mordusia has generally been role-played in recent years and distinguishes the country from other countries in the game based on England. Saridani (Dutch) has been replaced with Duntrekker (Afrikaner) because this matches the terms used in the cultural protocol of Saridan.

The Canrillaise (French) population has been reduced by ten per cent for two reasons. The group has not been substantially role-played in Mordusia for several years and French people are already well-represented in other countries in South Seleya (i.e. Alduria, Kanjor and Rildanor).

Two churches have been merged together. The Bishopal Church of Mordusia (Protestant) and the Holy Luthori Church (Church of England) have been merged to create the Luthorian Church of Mordusia (Anglicanism). In a country that has a history of Luthorian colonial rule, it appears plausible to me that the largest Hosian denomination would be the Luthori Communion.

Given this is a substantial change, I appreciate it might take longer to consider. Thanks in advance.

We’ll review, and let you know.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:28 pm

jamescfm wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=693920

We’re good on our end, it fits with the general vibe of the nation and the way it’s been played.

However you’re missing 5% from religion unless my math doesn’t add up.
Controller of Mina
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Auditorii wrote:However you’re missing 5% from religion unless my math doesn’t add up.

Yes, you're right. That's my mistake, I'll pass an updated version.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Requests