Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby Aquinas » Fri May 06, 2016 10:56 pm

Zanz wrote:
Zanz wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Returning to the proposed Cultural Protocol update for Jelbania...

This has been a tricky one to deal with, and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the discussion.

To remove 15% of the population from the demographics of a nation in one Cultural Protocol update, with no formal trace of a remnant left remaining, is a big move.

Strong role-play evidence has been presented to justify a significant reduction in the Jelbanien population in Jelbania. However, it is not clear that this role-play justifies complete elimination. I note, in particular, that in the Jelbic cultural protocol affirmation thread, the player responsible for much of that role-play appeared to recommend a significant reduction as opposed to complete elimination.

Before the culture rules changed in August 2015 it was permitted for Jelbania players to use all-English/Jelbanien character lists, despite Jelbaniens being a minority. There has, of course, been dispute over whether that ought to have been so, but nevertheless that is the way things were for a prolonged period of time.

Since August 2015, various players, including those with history in Jelbania, have been required by Moderation to use Jelbek names (or at least to use some/more Jelbek names). Some such players have had reactivation and early election requests denied until they complied with the new character naming rules.

Those players are not in Jelbania now, but in fairness, I judge we owe it to them that if the Jelbanien group is to be eliminated entirely, then this should be done over 2 or more stages, rather than suddenly and all at once.

What I suggest you could do, Zanz, is propose an update reducing the Jelbaniens to 4%, and then, if you wish to so and are able to do so, then do another update completely removing them in at least 30 in-game years time.

I appreciate this may feel frustrating, but all things considered, I do believe this is the best way of going about this.

Will do as I have time.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=471320

In approximately 6 minutes, CPs with the Jelbaniens back in at 4% will be passed in Jelbania.

That counts as the first affirmation of the second Cultural Era! As per the rules, we have to wait at least 48 hours until the update can be accepted.
Aquinas

Postby legorlee » Sat May 07, 2016 7:25 am

17.1.1 The Cultural Protocol bill must be passed by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote), and at least 3 players with seats must support the motion, all of whom must have been currently continuously active in the nation (ie. no inactivations) for at least 1 month.

What kind of faculty of Dr. Reddy and Prof. Aquinas joke is this? At least 3 players, have you looked at the active parties in the nations list? around 29 nations is below that number of 'at least 3 players'. that's roughly 58% of all nations. If I may ask, what is the player requirement to affirm the cultural protocols or to even update them, is it still the minimum requirements of 3 players, or just one player? and what happened to the month we first recieved to update our cultural protocol, did it vanish into thin air?
legorlee

Postby Reddy » Sat May 07, 2016 9:08 am

legorlee wrote:
17.1.1 The Cultural Protocol bill must be passed by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote), and at least 3 players with seats must support the motion, all of whom must have been currently continuously active in the nation (ie. no inactivations) for at least 1 month.

What kind of faculty of Dr. Reddy and Prof. Aquinas joke is this? At least 3 players, have you looked at the active parties in the nations list? around 29 nations is below that number of 'at least 3 players'. that's roughly 58% of all nations. If I may ask, what is the player requirement to affirm the cultural protocols or to even update them, is it still the minimum requirements of 3 players, or just one player? and what happened to the month we first recieved to update our cultural protocol, did it vanish into thin air?

Please check out the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6712&p=99821#p99821

Telamon was declared Culturally Open thus it doesn't have the one month special period to update its protocols. I think you are mistaken, Aquinas only suggested that if Telamon kept its protocols, it would get the special period, here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6712&p=99821#p99772 That didn't happen so it was declared Culturally Open.

You have to create new Cultural Protocols (which don't have to very different from the old ones) and thus you need to comply with section 17.1.1 quoted earlier by Aquinas. That means that you need at least 3 players with seats, voting in favour of a new Cultural Protocol, all who have been in the country for at least a month with no inactivations.

The rules for an update are covered under section 16 of the Game Rules (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6363) and, in my opinion, are not particularly relevant in this particular scenario, nor the fact that 58% of countries (actually 50%) have fewer than 3 players. We made the creation of new cultural protocols a little challenging in order to ensure that a certain amount of consensus, commitment and cooperation is present in the process. Player numbers fluctuate in the matter of a few hours - there have been days where I've inactivated up to 7 players for 4 days inactivity in a single session, some days, none. 10 players can join the game in less than 12 hours, some days, none.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Fluffy » Sat May 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Fluffy

Postby legorlee » Sat May 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Reddy wrote:
legorlee wrote:

Please check out the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6712&p=99821#p99821

Telamon was declared Culturally Open thus it doesn't have the one month special period to update its protocols. I think you are mistaken, Aquinas only suggested that if Telamon kept its protocols, it would get the special period, here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6712&p=99821#p99772 That didn't happen so it was declared Culturally Open.

You have to create new Cultural Protocols (which don't have to very different from the old ones) and thus you need to comply with section 17.1.1 quoted earlier by Aquinas. That means that you need at least 3 players with seats, voting in favour of a new Cultural Protocol, all who have been in the country for at least a month with no inactivations.

The rules for an update are covered under section 16 of the Game Rules (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6363) and, in my opinion, are not particularly relevant in this particular scenario, nor the fact that 58% of countries (actually 50%) have fewer than 3 players. We made the creation of new cultural protocols a little challenging in order to ensure that a certain amount of consensus, commitment and cooperation is present in the process. Player numbers fluctuate in the matter of a few hours - there have been days where I've inactivated up to 7 players for 4 days inactivity in a single session, some days, none. 10 players can join the game in less than 12 hours, some days, none.

It's 51%, when I recounted the amount, even so that's more than half of the nations in Particracy, 30 nations of 58 has below 3 players. The Statistics Telamon will begin to count active political parties to see the average.
legorlee

Postby Reddy » Sat May 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Fluffy wrote:Can this be approved for Rutania? http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=471335

Procedurally, it appears all the requirements have been met. However...

As per section 17.1.3 of the Game Rules, Moderation will wait for 4 days (till Wednesday night) before approving of this newly adopted proposal for new cultural protocols for Rutania. Players in the region (Artania) are welcome to express any objections to the proposal's appropriateness for their region.
Reddy

Postby Reddy » Sat May 07, 2016 6:04 pm

legorlee wrote:
Reddy wrote:snip

It's 51%, when I recounted the amount, even so that's more than half of the nations in Particracy, 30 nations of 58 has below 3 players. The Statistics Telamon will begin to count active political parties to see the average.

That sounds like an interesting project. I think you will find what i said was true - the number fluctuations are quite odd sometimes. I hope you Statistics Telamon will share its records with us, it could help with a couple of things, particularly studying overall seasonal trends.
Reddy

Postby Prometheus79 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Empty
Last edited by Prometheus79 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prometheus79

Postby Aquinas » Sun May 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Prometheus,

We all over-react sometimes and it would be right to acknowledge here that aspects of the Moderation response on this thread have not been what they should ideally have been. The basic position remains the same, though. We will support the efforts of Dundorf's players to implement the full changes they desire to make to their Cultural Protocol, but we all (both Moderators & players) need to respect the procedure, which means the changes will need to be implemented over 2 or 3 updates rather than suddenly and all at once in a single update.
Aquinas

Postby Prometheus79 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Empty
Last edited by Prometheus79 on Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prometheus79

PreviousNext

Return to Requests