Requests: RP Laws

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: RP Law Questions and Requests (Approvals/Dismissals)

Postby Auditorii » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:52 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:Passed an RP law banning Satanailist (Satanist) parties

Proof of passage: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=615021

Justification RP: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4349&start=110#p152669 (From that post onwards)

Thanks in advance.

We'll take a look.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 pm

John Cracker wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=614971
I was wondering if you can enforce this bill if the party who has been impeached does not comply with the early elections and running a canadaite rule.

Moderation has approved this as an enforceable RP law.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:10 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:Passed an RP law banning Satanailist (Satanist) parties

Proof of passage: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=615021

Justification RP: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4349&start=110#p152669 (From that post onwards)

Thanks in advance.

I think you've got on the right path to justification and its assisted by the fact that the Satanism hasn't been a big component of the nation by previous players but I'd like more focusing on the crackdowns, the inevitable backlash from Satanic groups.

I also think that the banning of "nationalism" is a little too broad. I can see Ultranationalism as its often affiliated with some sort of ethno-nationalism or radical ideology, but nationalism, imho is too broad.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby John Cracker » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Right now Likatonia does not have a strong enough military or economy for nuclear weapons, but when we do will this plan make sense?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=615144
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Auditorii » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:32 pm

John Cracker wrote:Right now Likatonia does not have a strong enough military or economy for nuclear weapons, but when we do will this plan make sense?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=615144

No, according to the Dynamic Rankings regarding aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons and submarines the following is true:

The subject of aircraft carriers, nuclear weaponry, and nuclear submarines is a hot topic. It is the Moderation's view that aircraft carriers, nuclear weapons, and nuclear submarines are viable (not necessarily likely!) for all nations of Terra so long as their acquisition, maintenance, and use is very well RP'd. In general, we believe Role Play should realistically reflect the prohibitive cost in time and resources required for such strategic armaments. Therefore our guidance and advice is that Great Military Powers and Very Strong Economies should generally experience protracted difficulty when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments; Regional Military Powers and Strong Economies should generally experience prohibitive costs and delays when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments; while lesser powers and smaller economies should experience daunting, near-insurmountable challenges when seeking to acquire and maintain such armaments. Acquisition of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons from rogue powers and Black Market sources may reduce acquisition costs if realistically Role Played, but such sources generally should not in any way reduce the prohibitive maintenance costs associated with these armaments.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8544#p150150

While Likatonia is not prohibited per se from nuclear weapons, at its current rate it will be impossible for them to develop and obtain them. I know we've spoken at length regarding Likatonia and your RP via the Moderation account but as I stated, your RP needs to increase in both quality and quantity if you want to achieve the ability to produce nuclear weapons.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby John Cracker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 am

Ok thanks what quantity works and what quality needs to be improved, are you talking about money or time it takes to make them?
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby colonelvesica » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:26 pm

John Cracker wrote:Ok thanks what quantity works and what quality needs to be improved, are you talking about money or time it takes to make them?

The answer is simply yes.

Aircraft Carriers and nuclear weapons take immense amount of time, money and research to get off the ground, even nations with proven programs still need to Role Play maintence and modernization of these programs or they can lose them over time from neglect. The more detail the better, we need to see that real effort has been put in.

If you need to look at a good example of a nuclear weapons program speak to Maxington, who personally I think did the standard bearer of a realistic nuclear program.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby John Cracker » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Ok, I am going to ask specific questions and I need specific answers.
1. Right now the plan would cost 5 mill. LIK a year to maintain 20 war-heads is that realistic?
2. Right now if we had the right economy/military it would be a two year plan building 10 war-heads 1 launchpad and 1 store house in a year is that realistic?
3. It would cost 45 mill. LIK to build everting in the plan not including upkeep does it need to cost more to be realistic.
4. I will try to find the guy you suggested what is is party?

note: I am fully aware the Likatonia does not have the right economy or military, I have been told several times, all of these statistics are based on IF we had the proper economy and military.
John Cracker

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:12 am

John Cracker wrote:Ok, I am going to ask specific questions and I need specific answers.
1. Right now the plan would cost 5 mill. LIK a year to maintain 20 war-heads is that realistic?
2. Right now if we had the right economy/military it would be a two year plan building 10 war-heads 1 launchpad and 1 store house in a year is that realistic?
3. It would cost 45 mill. LIK to build everting in the plan not including upkeep does it need to cost more to be realistic.
4. I will try to find the guy you suggested what is is party?

note: I am fully aware the Likatonia does not have the right economy or military, I have been told several times, all of these statistics are based on IF we had the proper economy and military.

Well you've asked specific questions and I'll gladly offer specific answers.

1.) Not even a little bit. A single Minuteman-III ICBM costs 7 Million USD (or LOD IG). That's for ONE nuclear warhead.
2.) The Manhattan Project, to build the original Atomic Bomb took 6 years and cost 2 Billion dollars in 1945 dollars, and that was with some of the world's best nuclear/atomic scientists in the world work for it. Again reach out to Max (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=23197)
3.) Again, the example of the Manhattan Project comes to mind, nuclear programs, without any assistance, will costs tens of billions to start
4.) http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=23197

A tip, because nuclear programs and weapons are so expensive and time consuming it's nearly impossible, though completely, to jumpstart one from scratch as Likatonia has no history of being a nuclear power. To get a program jump started reach out to a known nuclear power, and see if you can get assistance for your program, then work through the RP.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby John Cracker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Thank you, you are the only moderator that acutely answered with more than a "well yes", I will gladly commit the time and money into nuclear weapons I just needed specific answers.
John Cracker

PreviousNext

Return to Requests