Requests: Character Transfers [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Requests: Character Transfers [RPC]

Postby Ian Bake » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:13 pm

May be I lag in knowledge but where does Vesica transfer control of OVA to Lig. I think the only owner is Vesica and once in a chat I think I also asked for using it and he was ok too (back then). Just restricting access of house to Lig isn't fair.

Secondly, I think this is not the first instance Autokrator acted like this, in our discord once, he behaved in a way like he's using his RPC position and put and an end to argument/discussion/talk. I didn't wanna bring this here in public and I've conveyed concerns regarding this to mods in private as well (then & now again). I think many in community will join me against the attitude of a former mod (i can name if necessary) and we'd certainly not want someone in RPC to act like that again and repress. When Louis delivered initial verdict, he wasn't willing to respect it at all and pushed for a monarchy related bill despite the initial verdict and now after this verdict, he hurriedly has presented a new monarch related bill as if he was just waiting for it. If I have to accept this verdict to which I don't agree completely I ask that this member be removed from RPC forthwith or be considered for that.
Last edited by Ian Bake on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Bake

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:21 pm

Ian Bake wrote:May be I lag in knowledge but where does Vesica transfer control of OVA to Lig. I think the only owner is Vesica and once in a chat I think I also asked for using it and he was ok too (back then). Just restricting access of house to Lig isn't fair.

Secondly, I think this is not the first instance Autokrator acted like this, in our discord once, he behaved in a way like he's using his RPC position and put and an end to argument/discussion/talk. I didn't wanna bring this here in public and I've conveyed concerns regarding this to mods in private as well (then & now again). I think many in community will join me against the attitude of a former mod (i can name if necessary) and we'd certainly not want someone in RPC to act like that. When Louis delivered initial verdict, he wasn't willing to respect it at all and pushed for a monarchy related bill despite the initial verdict and now after this verdict, he hurriedly has presented a new monarch related bill as if he was just waiting for it. If I have to accept this verdict to which I don't agree completely I ask that this member be removed from RPC forthwith or be considered for that.

On Vesica, he gave me control a while back ago, I showed you that in the discord and I am showing you that here, once again. viewtopic.php?f=65&t=6539&start=50#p179998. He confirmed me that in the discord. Secondly, I am taking an example, you have control over the House of Carrington because you created them, right? So why is it unfair that I have the control over a house that I controlled since October 2022?

On your second point, the Imperial Succession Act, the law that you are reffering to is mostly a bureaucratic law: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=699918, this law is restricting access to the members of the House of Orange-Villayn, which is, in my opinion, quite normal when you know Luthori's history, of it being ruled by this particular family since the 2700s (I think?), Brad may have pushed it in the wrong moment, but as we've said, it's not related to the OOC 'drama' that we have here.

That's my sole intervention on the topic of the Luthorian monarchy. Thank you all, have a nice day. That was Ligbruderkrieg.
Last edited by Robert F. Kennedy on Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Ian Bake » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:35 pm

Pushed it deliberately I think. He should've been more respectful towards the initial verdict but totally ignored. Now the verdict what he just wished is here, he again hurriedly went for it i.e. presented this verdict in a form of law in Luthori
Last edited by Ian Bake on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Bake

Postby GreekIdiot » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:12 pm

I'll take a look, now.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby GreekIdiot » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:47 pm

I stand in full support of Louis's and the RPC's decision on the matter. There's a solid case of RP continuity here, nonexistent issues from Vesica himself and a good compromise solution brought forward. The main point here is RP continuity, which is after all the spirit of the game.

On Bradley's disposition, yes, it was a mistake, that Bradley owned up to it. After all, the RPC is players volunteering their time along with playing the game to help and guide other players. It's never easy to stand between 2 different POVs on matters. We're all humans here. I've made mistakes, we all make mistakes.

@strikefire, I appreciate you raising your concerns and frustrations and while the solution does not seem like the ideal one for you, it is the decision that Louis and the RPC (without Bradley's involvement) reached after 2 review iterations.

My personal tip to everyone involved is to cool off. At the risk of sounding a tad patronising, here, this is a text based game after all.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:39 am

I am formally requesting control of Reglair Aircraft Factory also known as Reglair of Valruzia. This company was formerly owned/created by Maisonette who has been inactive for the better half of the past 4 years.
imperialpearl

Postby jamescfm » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:10 pm

imperialpearl wrote:I am formally requesting control of Reglair Aircraft Factory also known as Reglair of Valruzia. This company was formerly owned/created by Maisonette who has been inactive for the better half of the past 4 years.

The Role-Play Committee will discuss this and get back to you.
jamescfm

Postby Zanz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:00 pm

I don't have much skin in the game, so if the RPC determines that Max should have control of Reglair, I don't really care. BUT.

If I don't have skin in the game, I don't see how Max does, either? Max is not playing in Valruzia, has not played in Valruzia in the recent past, and in general has not expressed any reasoning for why he wants the historical RP intellectual property (for lack of a better term) of another player, what his plans are for it, or really anything about why this should occur.

If we're going to allow transfer of historical RP entities, I think we ought to have some sort of process defining exactly how that should be done, under what circumstances it should be done, and limitations to it - what if Masionette comes back, for instance? What if Max does stuff with it that's entirely out of character with the history of the entity?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby imperialpearl » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 pm

On the RPC forum (discord) I had asked what would the procedure for something like this would look like, so you'd have to excuse me for not putting forward my intentions with the company and the request as a whole.

Reglair being an aircraft company, I have no option beyond manufacturing aircraft. I've been gradually building infant industries within Lodamun primarily in the form of automobiles and I thought it would be good to add another dimension to that: aircraft. The RP was to follow the lines of Reglair being acquired by a Lodamese conglomerate along the same lines of Textron and its acquisition of Bell Helicopters, with help from institutions I had created (and which I'm also developing) namely the Federal Industrial Finance Corporation (FIFC) and Lodamese banks (namely Bank of Newchester).

What if Max does stuff with it that's entirely out of character with the history of the entity?
I'm willing to be wholly beholden to the RPC (whether it's on a basis of compliance or something else) on not deviating from the company's baseline thesis of aircraft manufacturing.

Reiterating: This is legit the reason why I asked on the RPC forum on Discord in the first place to not step on anyone's toes and to generally, get some guidance on if it was even possible and what the process would look like.
imperialpearl

Postby Luis1p » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:30 pm

The Roleplay Committee has decided to deny this request and not allow the transfer of companies.

We believe that the company should be an asset that Valruzian players should have. It is too sensitive of a transfer to accept.

We are also not sure on what this means for future transfers. The RPC will discuss what the rules could look like for these types of transfers, but will generally deny any transfers pertaining to corporations and entities until we have a clear vision.
Luis1p

Previous

Return to Requests