Requests: RP Laws

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: RP Law Questions and Requests (Approvals/Dismissals)

Postby jamescfm » Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 pm

Requesting the dismissal of two role-play laws in Dorvik under part 5e of section 6 of the Game Rules.
5e. RP laws may be abolished a simple majority vote this applies to ANY RP law.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=613975
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=613976

Both cases stipulate a higher majority for overturning the law's provisions that a simple majority. I think at this point we could also do with an explanation about what exactly is going on in Dorvik? Why is it that rules that would usually be applied to other players are not applied in the case of Dorvik (such as the one mentioned here) and why is it so common for new players wanting to play there to report that the incumbent player is being hostile?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm

jamescfm wrote:Requesting the dismissal of two role-play laws in Dorvik under part 5e of section 6 of the Game Rules.
5e. RP laws may be abolished a simple majority vote this applies to ANY RP law.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=613975
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=613976

Both cases stipulate a higher majority for overturning the law's provisions that a simple majority. I think at this point we could also do with an explanation about what exactly is going on in Dorvik? Why is it that rules that would usually be applied to other players are not applied in the case of Dorvik (such as the one mentioned here) and why is it so common for new players wanting to play there to report that the incumbent player is being hostile?

The first has been re-passed and has to be re-proposed, the second has to be re-proposed as it is simply a copy-paste of an older RP law. The first was already invalidated and I made mention of that, the second is indeed invalid.

You're welcome to report any reports of me being "hostile" to Vescia.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue May 19, 2020 10:17 pm

I had been informed that colonelvesica was responsible for matters relating to Dorvik, given your inability to be objective. If that is the case then I'll wait to hear his response before responding.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Tue May 19, 2020 11:28 pm

jamescfm wrote:I had been informed that colonelvesica was responsible for matters relating to Dorvik, given your inability to be objective. If that is the case then I'll wait to hear his response before responding.

"...given your inability to be objective." is both grossly incorrect and an unnecessary barb. I did it because I understood the conflict of interest and I didn't wish to be subject to the exact thing that you just hurled, which again is completely unfounded and ill-informed.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue May 19, 2020 11:55 pm

How is it incorrect and barb? A player in a country could never objectively resolve disputes in that country because they have a conflict of interest.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Wed May 20, 2020 8:51 pm

jamescfm wrote:I had been informed that colonelvesica was responsible for matters relating to Dorvik, given your inability to be objective. If that is the case then I'll wait to hear his response before responding.

As noted by Farsun already, the two Role Play Laws as mentioned were self struck null and void and are being remade, and will not be considered canon, until i've seen and approved the new versions.

As for the second point of order in regards to new players going to Dorvik. I do not generally disclose Decisions of Moderation publicly in regards to player compliants and ruling; as was noted with the case of the most recent player Reformpartei, that was a mistake on my part and I reactivated the account as was requested. The player left shortly there after without reason or seeming cause.

As if always the case now and forever; if ANY PLAYER has any issues with a Moderator, I encourage you to come forward, privately if necessary. Anything said will be in confidence and will be investigated thoroughly. We are attempting to be as transparent as we can in regards to execution of our duties, which is one of the reasons we don't perform requests via the Moderation Account in game, but ask you come to the forum and put them here so everything is on the up and up.

On a seperate point, I apologize for not being around as much as I could. I work for the Federal Government and as you can imagine because of the current state of the world, I've had my time being listed as a prenium, but I am always here for any player, either here or on Discord, or for general inquiries through the Moderation Account or my personal in game account in Hutori (Vesica5).
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Reformpartei » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm

colonelvesica wrote:

As noted by Farsun already, the two Role Play Laws as mentioned were self struck null and void and are being remade, and will not be considered canon, until i've seen and approved the new versions.

As for the second point of order in regards to new players going to Dorvik. I do not generally disclose Decisions of Moderation publicly in regards to player compliants and ruling; as was noted with the case of the most recent player Reformpartei, that was a mistake on my part and I reactivated the account as was requested. The player left shortly there after without reason or seeming cause.

As if always the case now and forever; if ANY PLAYER has any issues with a Moderator, I encourage you to come forward, privately if necessary. Anything said will be in confidence and will be investigated thoroughly. We are attempting to be as transparent as we can in regards to execution of our duties, which is one of the reasons we don't perform requests via the Moderation Account in game, but ask you come to the forum and put them here so everything is on the up and up.

On a seperate point, I apologize for not being around as much as I could. I work for the Federal Government and as you can imagine because of the current state of the world, I've had my time being listed as a prenium, but I am always here for any player, either here or on Discord, or for general inquiries through the Moderation Account or my personal in game account in Hutori (Vesica5).

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8724#p156607

If I am please allowed to say something, I pleaded for help and was met with (what felt to me) hostile silence.

The ban Dorvik has on parties is sweeping, arbitrary and confusing. If you are not able to guide people on how to play in such a setup, then for me that begs the question of why you are even allowing them to happen in the first place?
Reformpartei

Postby colonelvesica » Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Reformpartei wrote:
colonelvesica wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8724#p156607

If I am please allowed to say something, I pleaded for help and was met with (what felt to me) hostile silence.

The ban Dorvik has on parties is sweeping, arbitrary and confusing. If you are not able to guide people on how to play in such a setup, then for me that begs the question of why you are even allowing them to happen in the first place?
Honestly I apologize I entirely forgot about the questions, I got wrapped up in the rest of the ongoing issues.

I'll answer those questions directly in that thread
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Augustus Germanus » Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=624352
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=624533

Quick explanation: these bills will enhance the upcoming RP from Davostan. Thanks in advance.
Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby Auditorii » Fri May 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Augustus Germanus wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=624352
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=624533

Quick explanation: these bills will enhance the upcoming RP from Davostan. Thanks in advance.

We'll take a look at them and let you know.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Requests