Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby ManagerDan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Oh and a second question, I intend to persue a arrest warrant against said party, if we use Congress to vote on the warrant will the party controlling the politician the warrant is for need to approve the TP

Edit: I also forgot to ask if they could rob our nation's museums, they claim they can without approval since the Federal Government maintains the museums and employees are employed politically, I disagree due to the wording of Federal government including Congress in my mind, anything we can do, this player is known for doing this and we are all getting tired of him robbing the nation then fleeing to Likatonia, and we can do nothing about it.
Current Active Party: United Party(Beluzia)
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm

ManagerDan wrote:Oh and a second question, I intend to persue a arrest warrant against said party, if we use Congress to vote on the warrant will the party controlling the politician the warrant is for need to approve the TP

Edit: I also forgot to ask if they could rob our nation's museums, they claim they can without approval since the Federal Government maintains the museums and employees are employed politically, I disagree due to the wording of Federal government including Congress in my mind, anything we can do, this player is known for doing this and we are all getting tired of him robbing the nation then fleeing to Likatonia, and we can do nothing about it.

By role-playing something a player automatically consents to all logical consequences. Thus when a player role-plays a character breaking the law, he has to accept the possibility of said character being punished according to the law.

Edit: It would be helpful to have a little more detail, can you link to any relevant bills, forum posts, etc.?
Permanently gone.
Occam

Civil War

Postby RavenKing » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to secede a nation from another nation, whether it be civil war, peaceful, or something different. Or if its possible to claim one of those grey areas in the far right of the map.

Thanks!
RavenKing

Re: Civil War

Postby Occam » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:16 pm

RavenKing wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to secede a nation from another nation, whether it be civil war, peaceful, or something different. Or if its possible to claim one of those grey areas in the far right of the map.

Thanks!

Hi,

Secessions can be role-played. Of course you'll need the consent of the other players in the nation. Also, as far as game-mechanics are concerned, nations cannot really be divided. So it would be role-play only. The same applies to civil wars.
The grey areas on the right are the former colonies. You can apply for control of one of these nations. However, this too is role-play only. It is not possible to create new nations. The relevant information for this are here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6640
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7738
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7462

Regards,
Occam
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby ManagerDan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Occam wrote:
ManagerDan wrote:Oh and a second question, I intend to persue a arrest warrant against said party, if we use Congress to vote on the warrant will the party controlling the politician the warrant is for need to approve the TP

By role-playing something a player automatically consents to all logical consequences. Thus when a player role-plays a character breaking the law, he has to accept the possibility of said character being punished according to the law.

Edit: It would be helpful to have a little more detail, can you link to any relevant bills, forum posts, etc.?

Only laws that have led to the disagreement are the game mechanics laws, and they seem to be opposed to posting RPs in the forums
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:54 am

ManagerDan wrote:
Occam wrote:Edit: It would be helpful to have a little more detail, can you link to any relevant bills, forum posts, etc.?

Only laws that have led to the disagreement are the game mechanics laws, and they seem to be opposed to posting RPs in the forums

Aren't you talking about role-play that already happened/is currently happening? Where did this role-play take place?
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby cm9777 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:19 am

Hey.

Regarding the Enptying of funds. It is possible to do so by having. A majority and passing a spending bill that sets sectors at 0. You cannot however rp doing this without passing such a bill as that contradicts game mechanics.
cm9777

Postby ManagerDan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 am

cm9777 wrote:Hey.

Regarding the Enptying of funds. It is possible to do so by having. A majority and passing a spending bill that sets sectors at 0. You cannot however rp doing this without passing such a bill as that contradicts game mechanics.

Oh okay, so that applies even if the Ministers are just taking the budgeted money? Okay I’ll go tell the Beluzians, the BDP is probably gonna freak though...
ManagerDan

Postby Occam » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Isn't this unrealistic? I find it much more plausible for a minister to divert (part of) his department's budget.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby cm9777 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Occam wrote:

Isn't this unrealistic? I find it much more plausible for a minister to divert (part of) his department's budget.

If you mean a Minister embezzling finds from his ministry that could be done by the party controlling that ministry. However they would need to take into account the consequences of such an action. I had assumed this situation was different and more to do with draining the funds allocation given to ministries in the first place.
cm9777

PreviousNext

Return to Requests