Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Questions & Requests

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 am

Valdštejn wrote:
And please see the comments on this bill... http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=337956
I could agree to Article 2 and other moderate articles in the future, but I will have to vote "no" against this bill as it violates Indralan tradition.
Indrala has numerous state religions which are more cultural symbols. Also, 90% of all Indralans are adherents of any one of those religions: Heaven Worship, Qamido, and Dharmism.

OOC: Seriously, I mean this. You can't change it anyways since it is protected by the cultural protocols, which contains the necessary statistics for religion

I remember it being addressed by Reiko (through the in-forum messaging), where the player messaged me to say I'd be violating cultural protocols if I proposed a bill to have no national religion...
Reiko wrote:No national religion could be a violation if done too hastily

There would be only 1 law I'd need to change for there to no longer be a national religion, so I don't see what the relevance of the word "hastily" is.

So? Reiko would have been wrong, since the national religion bill is pure game mechanics.

He was speaking as Moderation, so Moderation is confusing me now.
When I brought up the game mechanics argument in Indrala, it was shot down and I was told that RP and Cultural Protocols are more important.

If they're opposed, they will vote against it. This has got nothign to do with the cultural protocols.

The point is that this was stated in the cultural protocols...
Religious influences: Primarily a diverse, and peaceful, three-way mix of Pagan (mostly Celtic Pagan), Christian (mostly Catholic), and Secular. A few small minorities exist too.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Valdštejn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:He was speaking as Moderation, so Moderation is confusing me now.
When I brought up the game mechanics argument in Indrala, it was shot down and I was told that RP and Cultural Protocols are more important.

Links to that conversation please. If you're right, Reiko did mess up, and it turns out that moderation isn't infallible.

If they're opposed, they will vote against it. This has got nothign to do with the cultural protocols.

Religious influences: Primarily a diverse, and peaceful, three-way mix of Pagan (mostly Celtic Pagan), Christian (mostly Catholic), and Secular. A few small minorities exist too.

That's not at all the point. It would be the point if the cultural protocols stated something like: On religious issues, the people stand as follows: Extreme secular 23%, moderately secular 45%, moderately religious 2%, the rest fanatics. And if that would have been approved by us mods. Since the cultural protocols cite nothing of the sort, you simply don't have a point at all.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 am

Valdštejn wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:He was speaking as Moderation, so Moderation is confusing me now.

Links to that conversation please. If you're right, Reiko did mess up, and it turns out that moderation isn't infallible.

That's not at all the point. It would be the point if the cultural protocols stated something like: On religious issues, the people stand as follows: Extreme secular 23%, moderately secular 45%, moderately religious 2%, the rest fanatics. And if that would have been approved by us mods. Since the cultural protocols cite nothing of the sort, you simply don't have a point at all.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewmessa ... id=1108179

At that time, I was tricked into believing that the monarchy, itself, was also a part of cultural protocols, and if I gained a 2/3 supermajority, it would be against the rules to change it and the laws relating to religion. The "RP" was really just an HoS change. The messages, with Reiko, were done through the forums.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Valdštejn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewmessa ... id=1108179

At that time, I was tricked into believing that the monarchy, itself, was also a part of cultural protocols, and if I gained a 2/3 supermajority, it would be against the rules to change it and the laws relating to religion. The "RP" was really just an HoS change. The messages, with Reiko, were done through the forums.

Not that I could see that from the link you posted, but if this was the case, I'm very sorry for that. With a 2/3rd majority, you can change the system all you want, and with a normal majority you can do the same with religious laws.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Valdštejn wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewmessage.php?partyid=16751&messageid=1108179

Not that I could see that from the link you posted, but if this was the case, I'm very sorry for that. With a 2/3rd majority, you can change the system all you want, and with a normal majority you can do the same with religious laws.

It's why I explained the history of that conflict.
Siggon Kristov

Postby LukasV » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am

Can we get the file size of forum avatars increased to like 200kb? Honestly, it's rather difficult to get a decent picture that's only 19kb (which is ridiculously low). I mean, most small icons (50x50) can be like 25kb. Seriously.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby Valdštejn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 pm

LukasV wrote:Can we get the file size of forum avatars increased to like 200kb? Honestly, it's rather difficult to get a decent picture that's only 19kb (which is ridiculously low). I mean, most small icons (50x50) can be like 25kb. Seriously.

Sorry, but that's just not in our power.
Valdštejn

Postby LukasV » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm

nvm.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby EEL123 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:08 am

Holdit has not made a single post in nigh upon a month, and I assume he logs on intermittently, thereby achieveing nothing apart from having his username written in green across the bottom of the page for several minutes. It is my understanding that
Valdštejn wrote:at the moment personal life has caught up with him a bit
and it would be unreasonable for me to fault him for that. But is it really a good idea for the mod team to be appointing new mods that cannot fulfil their duties as a mod for a period of one entire month and counting? Surely there are more active people, who do not take an entire month off, who would make good mods (not myself).
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby LukasV » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:38 pm

EEL123 wrote:is it really a good idea for the mod team to be appointing new mods that cannot fulfill their duties as a mod for a period of one entire month and counting? Surely there are more active people, who do not take an entire month off, who would make good mods (not myself).

I think everyone is thinking the exact same. There's never enough activity for an answer though.

A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

PreviousNext

Return to Requests