Requests: General [A]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Moderation/GRC Queries

Postby Luis1p » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:39 am

Fixed
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:26 am

The Cultural Protocols Index needs to be updated to reflect Cildania's adoption of a Cultural Protocol. Similarly, the Nation Renaming Guide needs to be updated to reflect this too.

There is also an issue that Cildania does not have a Cultural Protocol reference bill in its bills-under-debate section, as the Game Rules require.
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:49 am

Aquinas wrote:The Cultural Protocols Index needs to be updated to reflect Cildania's adoption of a Cultural Protocol. Similarly, the Nation Renaming Guide needs to be updated to reflect this too.

There is also an issue that Cildania does not have a Cultural Protocol reference bill in its bills-under-debate section, as the Game Rules require.

All done :D
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Mr.God wrote:
Aquinas wrote:The Cultural Protocols Index needs to be updated to reflect Cildania's adoption of a Cultural Protocol. Similarly, the Nation Renaming Guide needs to be updated to reflect this too.

All done :D

Whilst I am pleased Cildania's culture is now protected under the Nation Renaming Guide, I am intrigued as to why other Culturally Protected nations are not receiving similar protection. Kurdish Barmenistan and Icelandic Telamon, as examples, still have "Any" listed for their entries. I have raised these and other Nation Renaming Guide issues previously, for example here, but these have not as of yet been addressed. Could you please explain what is going on?

Also, regarding the Cultural Protocol reference bill you created for Cildania, you are almost but not quite there. I don't know whether you've had the time yet to study the section of the Game Rules on Cultural Protocols, but it is a requirement that the Cultural Protocol reference bill should include a link to the actual Cultural Protocol bill that was approved by Moderation:

i. To install a new Cultural Protocol or replace a current one, users should pass a bill with the support of a two-thirds majority of players with seats and then post a link to the bill on the Cultural Protocols Approval Thread. Following this Moderation will leave the submission pending for 48 hours, so that any community member with an objection can raise them, Moderation will also review in detail the proposal. Once Moderation approval has been given a player should then post a copy of the bill in the “bills under debate” section of their nation, with a link to the original bill.

This requirement is not yet being complied with.

Furthermore, there is an issue that like Luis when he created a Cultural Protocol reference bill for Badara, you have inserted the wrong link for the Game Rules. The correct link for the Game Rules is:

Code: Select all
http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8088

The link you used is:

Code: Select all
http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6363

Please try to bear in mind the link ending with "6363" no longer works, due to an earlier mishap (which was not your or Luis's responsibility, BTW) in which Moderation pointlessly changed the location of the Game Rules. The correct Game Rules link ends with "8088".
Aquinas

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Aquinas wrote:Also, regarding the Cultural Protocol reference bill you created for Cildania, you are almost but not quite there. I don't know whether you've had the time yet to study the section of the Game Rules on Cultural Protocols, but it is a requirement that the Cultural Protocol reference bill should include a link to the actual Cultural Protocol bill that was approved by Moderation:

Telamon and Barmenia have both been changed now as well.
And the link for Cildania was already sending you to the original bill. I just clicked on it and it had send me to the original cultural protocol bill
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Aquinas means that the reference bill in the debate section should contain a link to the bill that was originally passed. Section 6.m.i states "once Moderation approval has been given a player should then post a copy of the bill in the “bills under debate” section of their nation, with a link to the original bill". As it happens, I can't even seem to find an example of this because so many current reference bills are not in compliance with the rule.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:02 pm

jamescfm wrote:Aquinas means that the reference bill in the debate section should contain a link to the bill that was originally passed. Section 6.m.i states "once Moderation approval has been given a player should then post a copy of the bill in the “bills under debate” section of their nation, with a link to the original bill". As it happens, I can't even seem to find an example of this because so many current reference bills are not in compliance with the rule.

Aah that clarifies it. Tough he meant the CP index link. Ill get to it
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Mr.God wrote:
Aquinas wrote:Also, regarding the Cultural Protocol reference bill you created for Cildania, you are almost but not quite there. I don't know whether you've had the time yet to study the section of the Game Rules on Cultural Protocols, but it is a requirement that the Cultural Protocol reference bill should include a link to the actual Cultural Protocol bill that was approved by Moderation:

Telamon and Barmenia have both been changed now as well.

Why have the others not been updated yet?

Mr.God wrote:And the link for Cildania was already sending you to the original bill. I just clicked on it and it had send me to the original cultural protocol bill

Please carefully study section 6mi of the Game Rules:

To install a new Cultural Protocol or replace a current one, users should pass a bill with the support of a two-thirds majority of players with seats and then post a link to the bill on the Cultural Protocols Approval Thread. Following this Moderation will leave the submission pending for 48 hours, so that any community member with an objection can raise them, Moderation will also review in detail the proposal. Once Moderation approval has been given a player should then post a copy of the bill in the “bills under debate” section of their nation, with a link to the original bill.

jamescfm wrote:As it happens, I can't even seem to find an example of this because so many current reference bills are not in compliance with the rule.

In most cases players do provide a link to the original bill, because this is required by the rules and it is also commonsense to do so, really. I can't immediately think of any other nations where this has not been done, other than in Cildania and Lourenne.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4447&p=144810#p144810
http://classic.particracy.net/viewuser.php?userid=35593

This one was (and still currently is) comfortably over 72 hours, and ought to have been inactivated, as per the request.

Aquinas

Postby jamescfm » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:32 am

Aquinas wrote:In most cases players do provide a link to the original bill, because this is required by the rules and it is also commonsense to do so, really. I can't immediately think of any other nations where this has not been done, other than in Cildania and Lourenne.

In the following nations, the cultural protocol does not contain a link to the original bill passed: Aldegar, Cobura, Dankuk, Dundorf, Egelion, Hutori, Hobrazia, Jelbania, Kalistan, Kazulia, Keymon, Kundrati, New Endralon, Rildanor, Rutania, Saridan, Trigunia and Vanuku. The preceding are in addition to the two examples you mentioned. Admittedly, a few of the above bills are actually from my own parties but even with that in mind, it is quite clear that Moderation has not been enforcing this rule for a significant period of time.

In the process of collating these, there were a couple of other issues that stood out to me. Several nations have debate sections which are so sprawling and disorganised that it is difficult to even find the cultural protocol bills (see Hutori for example). In addition, Mordusia, Saridan and Sekowo currently all have two cultural protocols in the debate section. The bills requiring removal are here, here and here.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Requests