Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Postby jamescfm » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:21 pm

Kubrick has relinquished control of New Verham. I am making a note here for reference purposes.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:40 pm

Svetlana2 has relinquished control of Statrica.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 am

Requesting control of New Verham. Im seeking a return of the presidential system in place when Hepburn was first there, with the PAP initially regaining its dominant role in politics but with one or two real contendors to later gain a foothold in the political scene. I seek to further develop primarily local government and cultural traditions, alongside a attempt at creating one or two political dynasties that will have a impact on the nation.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:44 am

Rogue wrote:Requesting control of New Verham. Im seeking a return of the presidential system in place when Hepburn was first there, with the PAP initially regaining its dominant role in politics but with one or two real contendors to later gain a foothold in the political scene. I seek to further develop primarily local government and cultural traditions, alongside a attempt at creating one or two political dynasties that will have a impact on the nation.

The Role-Play Committee will discuss this and get back to you.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:21 pm

Rogue wrote:Requesting control of New Verham. Im seeking a return of the presidential system in place when Hepburn was first there, with the PAP initially regaining its dominant role in politics but with one or two real contendors to later gain a foothold in the political scene. I seek to further develop primarily local government and cultural traditions, alongside a attempt at creating one or two political dynasties that will have a impact on the nation.

Your request is not approved. In the past three weeks, you have requested control of three different forum-based countries (Rapa Pile, North Dovani, and New Verham). Less than a week ago, you said you would not request control of any forum-based countries. At the time of writing my previous response, you had made eleven control requests in twelve months. After your latest request, this is twelve in twelve months. Requesting control of a different country only days after your previous request was denied suggests you are not committed to any particular project and that you are simply making requests in the hope one is approved.

In response to your complaint about the handling of forum-based country control requests, I provided a summary of the criteria we use to evaluate requests and how these had been applied in relation to your requests. You have yet to acknowledge this. On top of this, there are longstanding concerns about your behaviour in relation to the forum-based countries. Numerous players have raised concerns that you do not respect previous role-play when you are approved for a control of a forum-based country, and that your role-play is focused on producing a large number of posts in a short period of time.

When all these factors are combined, it is extremely difficult for the Role-Play Committee to take this request seriously. Until you have demonstrated a willingness to listen to the feedback being provided, we cannot have any faith that you will change your behaviour. Given the numerous opportunities presented to you to receive feedback, it is no longer reasonable for you to claim you do not understand this process, or the reasons why your requests have been denied. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to message me, Luis1p or GreekIdiot.
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:58 pm

jamescfm wrote:

Your request is not approved. In the past three weeks, you have requested control of three different forum-based countries (Rapa Pile, North Dovani, and New Verham). Less than a week ago, you said you would not request control of any forum-based countries. At the time of writing my previous response, you had made eleven control requests in twelve months. After your latest request, this is twelve in twelve months. Requesting control of a different country only days after your previous request was denied suggests you are not committed to any particular project and that you are simply making requests in the hope one is approved.

In response to your complaint about the handling of forum-based country control requests, I provided a summary of the criteria we use to evaluate requests and how these had been applied in relation to your requests. You have yet to acknowledge this. On top of this, there are longstanding concerns about your behaviour in relation to the forum-based countries. Numerous players have raised concerns that you do not respect previous role-play when you are approved for a control of a forum-based country, and that your role-play is focused on producing a large number of posts in a short period of time.

When all these factors are combined, it is extremely difficult for the Role-Play Committee to take this request seriously. Until you have demonstrated a willingness to listen to the feedback being provided, we cannot have any faith that you will change your behaviour. Given the numerous opportunities presented to you to receive feedback, it is no longer reasonable for you to claim you do not understand this process, or the reasons why your requests have been denied. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to message me, Luis1p or GreekIdiot.

The only player that has ever been "concerned" with me supposedly steamrolling previous RP in a country has been you, which you have voiced publicly and privately to me on multiple occasions (with the concern being unfounded). The only argument you ever provided was "you change the parties that were in power". I would like to remind you that, suprisingly, in real life nations parties participating in elections often change and the fall of one can lead to the rise of another. We sometimes refer to this as a "democracy". Ive demonstrated in countries like New Verham and New Englia that i do respect previous RP (in New Verham, i explicitly kept in place many things Hepburn created and kept the PAP as a influential party. In New Englia, i kept both the LibCons and the Labour party both of which were introduced by Imperial.)

I also didnt know that producing a large number of posts is considered a undesirable thing, something for other players to surely keep in mind as we all start adressing this concern and post once a month. Yeah i enjoy the game, so what?
Also how am i able to apply the feedback that has been given if any request i make is denied? The argument that i am somehow not committed is simly untrue, as demonstrated by the extensive time ive been in Deltaria since my return there. What would you rather have me do? Make a request for the same nation three times in a row? If i did so, showing my "committment", i would get the response that the request was already denied and thus is denied again. It is literally never enough. Denying me because "youve made three requests in a short time" all of which were denied is just silly. Not giving someone a chance to apply the feedback and criticism youve provided is beyond me.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:26 pm

Rogue wrote:The only player that has ever been "concerned" with me supposedly steamrolling previous RP in a country has been you, which you have voiced publicly and privately to me on multiple occasions (with the concern being unfounded). The only argument you ever provided was "you change the parties that were in power". I would like to remind you that, suprisingly, in real life nations parties participating in elections often change and the fall of one can lead to the rise of another. We sometimes refer to this as a "democracy". Ive demonstrated in countries like New Verham and New Englia that i do respect previous RP (in New Verham, i explicitly kept in place many things Hepburn created and kept the PAP as a influential party. In New Englia, i kept both the LibCons and the Labour party both of which were introduced by Imperial.)

I also didnt know that producing a large number of posts is considered a undesirable thing, something for other players to surely keep in mind as we all start adressing this concern and post once a month. Yeah i enjoy the game, so what?
Also how am i able to apply the feedback that has been given if any request i make is denied? The argument that i am somehow not committed is simly untrue, as demonstrated by the extensive time ive been in Deltaria since my return there. What would you rather have me do? Make a request for the same nation three times in a row? If i did so, showing my "committment", i would get the response that the request was already denied and thus is denied again. It is literally never enough. Denying me because "youve made three requests in a short time" all of which were denied is just silly. Not giving someone a chance to apply the feedback and criticism youve provided is beyond me.

The decision to deny this request was made unanimously by the Role-Play Committee. I believe we have adequately explained the reasons why this decision was made and I would encourage you to take some time to reflect upon these.

If you have complaints about the wider process, there is an existing thread to raise these: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9630
jamescfm

Postby Rogue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:46 pm

jamescfm wrote:
Rogue wrote:The only player that has ever been "concerned" with me supposedly steamrolling previous RP in a country has been you, which you have voiced publicly and privately to me on multiple occasions (with the concern being unfounded). The only argument you ever provided was "you change the parties that were in power". I would like to remind you that, suprisingly, in real life nations parties participating in elections often change and the fall of one can lead to the rise of another. We sometimes refer to this as a "democracy". Ive demonstrated in countries like New Verham and New Englia that i do respect previous RP (in New Verham, i explicitly kept in place many things Hepburn created and kept the PAP as a influential party. In New Englia, i kept both the LibCons and the Labour party both of which were introduced by Imperial.)

The decision to deny this request was made unanimously by the Role-Play Committee. I believe we have adequately explained the reasons why this decision was made and I would encourage you to take some time to reflect upon these.

If you have complaints about the wider process, there is an existing thread to raise these: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9630

Can the RPC comment on what they think i should do to be able to play in a FBC again? So far you have given me 0 feedback or point to work towards as you continue to deny requests without any explanation as to how they would be approved in the future again.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Luis1p » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:14 pm

Rogue wrote:Can the RPC comment on what they think i should do to be able to play in a FBC again? So far you have given me 0 feedback or point to work towards as you continue to deny requests without any explanation as to how they would be approved in the future again.

I'll begin with saying that it is not just James that raises these concerns and reasonings on why you are being rejected from an FBC, it is the entire RPC in consensus.

If you can read the posts above carefully, you'll find James pointed out
"On top of this, there are longstanding concerns about your behaviour in relation to the forum-based countries. Numerous players have raised concerns that you do not respect previous role-play when you are approved for a control of a forum-based country, and that your role-play is focused on producing a large number of posts in a short period of time."

From this, you can infer the issued we present are in quality vs. quantity, and previous respect of roleplay. We do not bring up these concerns out of thin air. They each are based on the RP we've read, recognizable behaviors and patterns, and from comments received from the player base. We do not feel you have showed care or attention towards the true roleplay nature of the FBC's and instead rely on entitlement and quantitative methods to produce roleplay. To us, it feels there is no purpose to the roleplay regardless of which FBC you choose.

Therefore, we ask that you show us a commitment towards improving your roleplay and a commitment towards the nation you play in. You can do this through several ways, prioritizing quality over quantity, engage with other players, create meaningful story arcs, develop characters, add purpose to your roleplay, and spend time with development on all levels. These are some of the things we'd like to see. We think you would benefit from taking some time to really think about what it is you want to RP and in what nation. The forum based countries deserve extra attention compared to the playable nations. They need development and commitment. We do not think you can provide that at the moment.

Once again, if you have question about our process raise them here:http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9630

Thanks.
Luis1p

Postby Rogue » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:29 pm

Together with Zhdanov and Tayes were requesting control of New Verham. We seek to recreate the presidential republic, keeping the PAP as a important political force and also further fleshing out the subnational governments. We want to reignite pan-Dovanian organizations (such as the Dovanian Council and the Dovani Pact) in an effort to kickstart regional RP. Furthermore Zdanov will be working on a crime RP in which he will flesh out organized crime and the role it can play in New Verham society. I will be primarily focussed on the political and foreign affairs RP, while all three of us combined will be fleshing out the country its institutions and organizations further. Tayes also sees this as a opportunity to do more Forum RP as the FBC's lend themselves well for that. We intend to keep as much of the work of previous controllers intact, with minor adjustments to the form of government (which will revert largely to the way it was when Hepburn first took control.)
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

PreviousNext

Return to Requests