Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:36 pm

imperialpearl wrote:Requesting control of Tropica. I'd like the opportunity to continue the work I had done in adding more content to the nation (i.e.) building out its institutions and politics in the same manner I have done for Lodamun. Given my previous time in the country, I have opted for a much different approach to "nation-building".

We will discuss this and get back to you.
jamescfm

Postby _nicolo_02 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:15 pm

Nileowen_ wrote:I would like to request control of Temania. I would like to bring about a more authoritarian but still nominally democratic system via the usage of excessive choice and other methods. I would also like the to strengthen the nation's economy and bring about a burgeoning dystopia in Dovani.

Thank you for your patience. The RPC has decided to approve your request.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:40 am

As much as I wish I could say I was still interested, it would be wise to be honest and say that I've become bored with New Verham again, citing the occasional fatigue with the Mongolian language and its naming conventions. It's only natural therefore that I relinquish control of it, and if it has not been done yet, request an update to the register to de-list Journey as a Co-Controller, as they had left a few days ago. There are still draft articles I have saved for the country, but I can offer these to someone else upon request. I hope those who come in after me will find an interesting and fun place to roleplay in and pick up where I left off, especially given the recent work I've done with the nation's minority cultures.

That being said, I believe I'm interested in doing some roleplay now with New Englia, if its control has been recognized as relinquished. I'd like to work on a unique form of government for the country revolving around the old Irish tribal monarchies in the various petty kingdoms on the island, creating an elective monarchy in the country along those lines. I'd also like to play with the British-Irish dynamic as well, and do a bit of Gaelic cultural rp in the international sphere.
Active in: New Englia (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Lonmouth, New Englia (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Postby Rogue » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:36 am

Tbh im a bit dissapointed that ive seen no response to my inquiry and that instead New Englia is now eyed upon by a member of the RPC. I was rejected first on the basis that i should do more New Englia RP, then on the fact that someone else still controls a nation. Feels a little unfair and unreasonable.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:56 pm

Rogue wrote:Tbh im a bit dissapointed that ive seen no response to my inquiry and that instead New Englia is now eyed upon by a member of the RPC. I was rejected first on the basis that i should do more New Englia RP, then on the fact that someone else still controls a nation. Feels a little unfair and unreasonable.

As you asked for an appeal, I'm approving your request because we really have no idea how to resolve this.

First, you came at the RPC itself and then at how it follows its review processes when they declined both of your requests. Now you're also kinda hinting that the RPC conducts itself under preferential bias. Honestly i'm not gonna be surprised if Hep retracts or the RPC denies Hep's request automatically out of fear.

It kinda feels like crap being called incompetent, disorganised and biased every time because the answer was no. So, dunno what to do here.

Iltam has been removed from North Dovani and you've been added as the controller.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Rogue » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:
Rogue wrote:Tbh im a bit dissapointed that ive seen no response to my inquiry and that instead New Englia is now eyed upon by a member of the RPC. I was rejected first on the basis that i should do more New Englia RP, then on the fact that someone else still controls a nation. Feels a little unfair and unreasonable.

As you asked for an appeal, I'm approving your request because we really have no idea how to resolve this.

First, you came at the RPC itself and then at how it follows its review processes when they declined both of your requests. Now you're also kinda hinting that the RPC conducts itself under preferential bias. Honestly i'm not gonna be surprised if Hep retracts or the RPC denies Hep's request automatically out of fear.

It kinda feels like crap being called incompetent, disorganised and biased every time because the answer was no. So, dunno what to do here.

Iltam has been removed from North Dovani and you've been added as the controller.

Hold on there. Its not just because i got said "no" and you making it look that way is hurting. Genuinely i think the process is fague at best and ive raised my concerns over it several times. Not just now but also in the past. Sure, the concerns arise from my own requests, but thats the way i get confronted with policy so it isnt that suprising i base my concerns off of those.

Personally im willing to helo the RPC in creating a clearer set of rules on which it can base its criteria, steplung away from what often feels like russian roulette in approving or rejecting requests and moving towards a approach that can be better explained.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

Rogue wrote:
GreekIdiot wrote:

Hold on there. Its not just because i got said "no" and you making it look that way is hurting. Genuinely i think the process is fague at best and ive raised my concerns over it several times. Not just now but also in the past. Sure, the concerns arise from my own requests, but thats the way i get confronted with policy so it isnt that suprising i base my concerns off of those.

Personally im willing to helo the RPC in creating a clearer set of rules on which it can base its criteria, steplung away from what often feels like russian roulette in approving or rejecting requests and moving towards a approach that can be better explained.

Cause it feels like that on our end, too, it's hurtful man. I've just overruled the RPC here which is just bad for both me and them. Basically I've also added to their frustration. What I did was shitty. They're just players like you and me giving some personal time to help with tasks, that's it.

In fact, my decision was wrong and unfair to both iltam and the players at the RPC who made the initial decision; and I gotta apologise to them here. Sorry Rogue for the back and forth, but their decision on your request for ND still stands.

On the broader subject, it's totally fair that your concerns come from your requests, but you've kinda made it a big deal of frustration for everyone; you, me, RPC and it's no longer just for your requests, it's kinda systemic the way you brought it forward.

I mean, would you have said anything if the RPC had said yes?

Would it be crazy to have used the feedback subforum to help solve these problems with us like you say, like, anytime?
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby jamescfm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm

imperialpearl wrote:Requesting control of Tropica. I'd like the opportunity to continue the work I had done in adding more content to the nation (i.e.) building out its institutions and politics in the same manner I have done for Lodamun. Given my previous time in the country, I have opted for a much different approach to "nation-building".

Unfortunately we have decided not to approve this request. For reasons discussed with you before, we do not feel comfortable approving control of a forum-based country at present. The decision is based on a combination of factors but the primary considerations are your history of plagiarism (and copying-and-pasting posts) and the frequency with which you have moved between countries in recent months. In relation to this second point, we do recognise that you have been consistent with role-playing in Lodamun over the past eight weeks. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me or Luis1p.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:10 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:As much as I wish I could say I was still interested, it would be wise to be honest and say that I've become bored with New Verham again, citing the occasional fatigue with the Mongolian language and its naming conventions. It's only natural therefore that I relinquish control of it, and if it has not been done yet, request an update to the register to de-list Journey as a Co-Controller, as they had left a few days ago. There are still draft articles I have saved for the country, but I can offer these to someone else upon request. I hope those who come in after me will find an interesting and fun place to roleplay in and pick up where I left off, especially given the recent work I've done with the nation's minority cultures.

That being said, I believe I'm interested in doing some roleplay now with New Englia, if its control has been recognized as relinquished. I'd like to work on a unique form of government for the country revolving around the old Irish tribal monarchies in the various petty kingdoms on the island, creating an elective monarchy in the country along those lines. I'd also like to play with the British-Irish dynamic as well, and do a bit of Gaelic cultural rp in the international sphere.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to this request. I have updated the register to reflect your decision to relinquish control of New Verham. In relation to your request for control of New Englia, the other members of the Role-Play Committee will discuss this and get back to you soon.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm

thefalloutfan101 wrote:As much as I wish I could say I was still interested, it would be wise to be honest and say that I've become bored with New Verham again, citing the occasional fatigue with the Mongolian language and its naming conventions. It's only natural therefore that I relinquish control of it, and if it has not been done yet, request an update to the register to de-list Journey as a Co-Controller, as they had left a few days ago. There are still draft articles I have saved for the country, but I can offer these to someone else upon request. I hope those who come in after me will find an interesting and fun place to roleplay in and pick up where I left off, especially given the recent work I've done with the nation's minority cultures.

Thanks again for your patience, your request has been approved. The register has been updated.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Requests