Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Requests: Forum Based Countries - FBCs [RPC]

Postby Rogue » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:06 pm

GreekIdiot wrote:Resolved with the player directly, RPC's decision stands.

We are always open to feedback and I generally suggest that players openly share their concerns anytime. We really don't bite people for honesty here.

Personally, and adressing Louis here, i feel like ive been a consistent player in FBC for a long time now, even had a time where i was the sole player actually active. Sure, i move around, but wouldnt we rather have someone active that moves around then a nation just sitting there empty?

Im hereby requesting control over North Dovani, seeing as it has been relatively inactive (last substantive post from 26 of february) and i am eager to mix the RP iltam has done there with my own RP i did there. Relinquishing New Englia
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Luis1p » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:04 am

Rogue wrote:

We are always open to feedback and I generally suggest that players openly share their concerns anytime. We really don't bite people for honesty here.

Personally, and adressing Louis here, i feel like ive been a consistent player in FBC for a long time now, even had a time where i was the sole player actually active. Sure, i move around, but wouldnt we rather have someone active that moves around then a nation just sitting there empty?

Im hereby requesting control over North Dovani, seeing as it has been relatively inactive (last substantive post from 26 of february) and i am eager to mix the RP iltam has done there with my own RP i did there. Relinquishing New Englia

Yea, of course we want to see activity in the FBCs. But we want to see quality roleplay as well. Jumping around often leads to stale, repetitive, and cookie-cutter roleplay. I think the roleplay shouldn't be focused on "let's get some activity", rather "let's take the time to develop this country" -- especially the FBCs.

And yea there should be a rule that we should implement that tracks inactivity in a FBC, to ensure there's no nation sitting. That is part of our rules reform that's in process, so I'd like to ask for patience on that.

I respect the decision of the RPC, and I will inform them on your new request.
Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:33 am

I am relinquishing control of Ostland, I wanted to give it a smooth transition from a Hulstro-Dorvish dominated state to one where there is more equal representation while democracy being respected. I have done this and I feel like my mission in Ostland is over.

HOWEVER

I am not done yet. I would like to take the wheel in Hanzen once again and bring about a Constitutional Monarchy transition and starting democracy while at the same time making the monarchy more of a beloved institution instead of the gods as they are perceived at this current time, to put them in line with many more countries in Terra and not a full absolute Monarchy. Also I want Hanzen to join the Western Dovani Union as well.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jamescfm » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:43 am

alaskancrabpuffs21 wrote:I am relinquishing control of Ostland, I wanted to give it a smooth transition from a Hulstro-Dorvish dominated state to one where there is more equal representation while democracy being respected. I have done this and I feel like my mission in Ostland is over.

HOWEVER

I am not done yet. I would like to take the wheel in Hanzen once again and bring about a Constitutional Monarchy transition and starting democracy while at the same time making the monarchy more of a beloved institution instead of the gods as they are perceived at this current time, to put them in line with many more countries in Terra and not a full absolute Monarchy. Also I want Hanzen to join the Western Dovani Union as well.

The Role-Play Committee will discuss this and get back to you.
jamescfm

Postby Nileowen_ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:40 pm

I would like to request control of Temania. I would like to bring about a more authoritarian but still nominally democratic system via the usage of excessive choice and other methods. I would also like the to strengthen the nation's economy and bring about a burgeoning dystopia in Dovani.
John 8:32 (DRA)
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Nileowen_

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:18 pm

Nileowen_ wrote:I would like to request control of Temania. I would like to bring about a more authoritarian but still nominally democratic system via the usage of excessive choice and other methods. I would also like the to strengthen the nation's economy and bring about a burgeoning dystopia in Dovani.

The RPC will discuss and let you know asap.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Postby thefalloutfan101 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:20 am

Rogue wrote:

The RPC has deliberated over this case for some time and has reached the consensus of denying your request, citing the fact that the nation currently is controlled by another player, has had activity within the past thirty days, and has not been formally relinquished. If you have any questions feel free to discuss this within the proper channels. And I apologize in advance for any possible confusion, I'm just getting back into this once again after a half decade of not being in a staff position within the Particracy community.
Active in: New Englia (Primary Controller)

Current Member of the Roleplay Committee

"One may become a demagogue out of sheer political innocence." - Vladimir Lenin
thefalloutfan101

Location: Lonmouth, New Englia (IC) Florida, United States (OOC)

Postby Rogue » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:14 am

thefalloutfan101 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

The RPC has deliberated over this case for some time and has reached the consensus of denying your request, citing the fact that the nation currently is controlled by another player, has had activity within the past thirty days, and has not been formally relinquished. If you have any questions feel free to discuss this within the proper channels. And I apologize in advance for any possible confusion, I'm just getting back into this once again after a half decade of not being in a staff position within the Particracy community.

I am seriously questioning what the policies of the RPC actually are at this point, concerning FBC's. If you want people to just sit in place and do nothing (me in New Englia, iltam in North Dovani etc) then the current approach is excellent. Ive tried to approach the North Dovanian player several days ago in whether he wants to continue olaying there and he hasnt responded. He also has shown no sign of activity for nearly a month on both forum and discord.

I appeal the decision and seriously think we ought to change the direction with which we assign FBC's in general.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby imperialpearl » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:58 am

Requesting control of Tropica. I'd like the opportunity to continue the work I had done in adding more content to the nation (i.e.) building out its institutions and politics in the same manner I have done for Lodamun. Given my previous time in the country, I have opted for a much different approach to "nation-building".
imperialpearl

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:35 pm

alaskancrabpuffs21 wrote:I am relinquishing control of Ostland, I wanted to give it a smooth transition from a Hulstro-Dorvish dominated state to one where there is more equal representation while democracy being respected. I have done this and I feel like my mission in Ostland is over.

HOWEVER

Approved. The register has been updated.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Requests