Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs [M]

Postby itsjustgav » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:49 pm

But you know what, okay. I am starting it all over. Doing it in a way you want it, I guess. I will submit a new one. It will be passed and we are going to dot the i's and cross the t's.
itsjustgav

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:22 pm

itsjustgav wrote:I think you are misunderstanding it. The bill itself is PASSED. The "Religion" section is CLEAR. It shows the breakdown of the denominations and how it adds up (i.e. how many percent of the Mordusian population is Hosian, and then how many percent of the Mordusian population is Luthorian or Bishopal). I think it might have been the spacing that formed the confusion, but this should be easily clarified by placing a few dash lines that it's a Hosian denomination of which can be done on another proposal that will be displayed in the nation page. I do not see any other reason why it cannot be considered for approval. If you may, please find time to review the passed bill and the other bills shown on the nation page. Thank you.

Thanks for your response but I have not misunderstood. I have reviewed the passed bill and have decided it cannot be approved because the "Religion" section does not distinguish between religions and denominations.

If you would like submit a modified version of this proposal, please pass a bill according to section 7 of the Game Rules. You cannot modify the proposal after the bill has been passed and Moderation cannot review bills that have not been passed. If you have further questions, please let me know.
jamescfm

Postby itsjustgav » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:25 pm

Thank you, bureaucracy!
itsjustgav

Postby itsjustgav » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=702855

A new UPDATED, PASSED, and CLEAR Cultural Protocol Bill for Mordusia
itsjustgav

Postby ReformedEndralon » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 am

This is a pre-emptive post.

For the third time jamescfm has proposed a cultural protocol on Solentia. This time it has passed, (previously one was archived and one was deleted after the party disbanded). I object to it for various reasons.

Lack of activity from the proposing party - The Bright Future party has been refounded on several occasions. In terms of party legislation it has proposed very little legislation, focusing its efforts on Cultural Protocols and constitutional amendments. Likewise on the forum the only post in the Solentia newspaper was to complain after it had been disbanded and I RP'd its leaders had been arrested. The fact the party has no visibilities despite having been active in Solentia several times in the last few decadeds speaks volumes.

Game Rules - The games rules state - "Proposals for new Cultural Protocols in Culturally Open nations must have the support (voting "yes") of one party that has been continuously active (i.e. no inactivations) within the respective nation for 7 days". When Bright Future refounded the first bill they proposed was an early election motion in May 5472, it is now May 5474. So the passed Cultural Protocol was definitely passed within seven days of Bright Future becoming active again. I believe this rule has not been met.

Previous Attempts at RP/Cultural protocols Game Rules Section 7 Rules 5 and 6 state;

5. Cultural Protocols should generally be reflective of RP conducted within the nation and should not significantly alter or modify the ethnic, religious or linguistic composition without considerable and reasonable role-play or other justification;
6. Cultural Protocols cannot directly contravene long-standing or historically significant role-play or cultural groups within a nation. Cultural Protocols are meant to enhance the cultural and role-play experience within a nation;

Not only has Bright Future not contributed any RP to Solentia, but its passed Cultural Protocol goes against the spirit of both 5 and 6. Although Solentia is a cultural open nation and has been a largely inactive country for most of the last 500 game years, with either one party rule or no party activity, efforts have been made to RP.

During this time I have played in the country for a number of years and have attempted to build up some activity, RP and developed the historical background, with significant inputs to the game (legislation, RP bills etc (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=43950)), the wiki (Zophiel 20 - https://particracy.fandom.com/wiki/Sole ... on=history) and the forum newspaper (most posts from here - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7182&start=730#p178189).

I had invested a fair amount of time in Solentia, and sought to develop the nation and its culture. Draft protocols were put forward on two occasions http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=675359 and http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=681795 after I had played and RP’d for a period of time. Unfortunately the second set were not accepted by the Mods (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8606&start=1710#p187701).

Summary. Years ago the the Cultural Protocol rules were designed to stop nation raiding, or a party turning up and implementing CP without any contribution to the development of RP. It would appear those rules are no longer in effect. If there had been any effort by jamescfm to RP in Solentia then I could understand the attempt at pushing a CP. But there has been none.
ReformedEndralon

Postby jamescfm » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:05 pm

itsjustgav wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=702855

As this would update the cultural protocol of a culturally protected country, there will now be a forty-eight hour period where any player can offer feedback on the update before it can be accepted.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:06 pm

ReformedEndralon wrote:This is a pre-emptive post.

For the third time jamescfm has proposed a cultural protocol on Solentia. This time it has passed, (previously one was archived and one was deleted after the party disbanded). I object to it for various reasons.

Lack of activity from the proposing party - The Bright Future party has been refounded on several occasions. In terms of party legislation it has proposed very little legislation, focusing its efforts on Cultural Protocols and constitutional amendments. Likewise on the forum the only post in the Solentia newspaper was to complain after it had been disbanded and I RP'd its leaders had been arrested. The fact the party has no visibilities despite having been active in Solentia several times in the last few decadeds speaks volumes.

Game Rules - The games rules state - "Proposals for new Cultural Protocols in Culturally Open nations must have the support (voting "yes") of one party that has been continuously active (i.e. no inactivations) within the respective nation for 7 days". When Bright Future refounded the first bill they proposed was an early election motion in May 5472, it is now May 5474. So the passed Cultural Protocol was definitely passed within seven days of Bright Future becoming active again. I believe this rule has not been met.

Previous Attempts at RP/Cultural protocols Game Rules Section 7 Rules 5 and 6 state;

5. Cultural Protocols should generally be reflective of RP conducted within the nation and should not significantly alter or modify the ethnic, religious or linguistic composition without considerable and reasonable role-play or other justification;
6. Cultural Protocols cannot directly contravene long-standing or historically significant role-play or cultural groups within a nation. Cultural Protocols are meant to enhance the cultural and role-play experience within a nation;

Not only has Bright Future not contributed any RP to Solentia, but its passed Cultural Protocol goes against the spirit of both 5 and 6. Although Solentia is a cultural open nation and has been a largely inactive country for most of the last 500 game years, with either one party rule or no party activity, efforts have been made to RP.

During this time I have played in the country for a number of years and have attempted to build up some activity, RP and developed the historical background, with significant inputs to the game (legislation, RP bills etc (http://classic.particracy.net/viewparty ... tyid=43950)), the wiki (Zophiel 20 - https://particracy.fandom.com/wiki/Sole ... on=history) and the forum newspaper (most posts from here - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7182&start=730#p178189).

I had invested a fair amount of time in Solentia, and sought to develop the nation and its culture. Draft protocols were put forward on two occasions http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=675359 and http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=681795 after I had played and RP’d for a period of time. Unfortunately the second set were not accepted by the Mods (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8606&start=1710#p187701).

Summary. Years ago the the Cultural Protocol rules were designed to stop nation raiding, or a party turning up and implementing CP without any contribution to the development of RP. It would appear those rules are no longer in effect. If there had been any effort by jamescfm to RP in Solentia then I could understand the attempt at pushing a CP. But there has been none.

I have never made any request to implement a cultural protocol in Solentia. I have played in Solentia on two previous occasions. The first occasion was November 2023 and the second occasion was earlier this month. On both occasions, I have inactivated my account because you reactivated your own account and objected to the role-play I had planned in the country. In order to avoid any conflict of interest, I have once again inactivated my account in Solentia. For the record, your claim about my proposal not according with the rules is false. My account was reactivated on 14 April 2024 and the bill was passed yesterday (23 April 2024).

For the sake of full transparency, I have brought your complaint to the attention of Luis1p and GreekIdiot.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 pm

itsjustgav wrote:http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill.php?billid=702855

The proposed update is approved and the Cultural Protocols Index has been updated. Please place a copy of the updated cultural protocol in the "Bills under debate" section for reference. Thanks for your patience.
jamescfm

Postby itsjustgav » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

very nice
itsjustgav

Previous

Return to Requests