Requests: Cultural Protocols - CPs

Submit your requests on various areas of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Cultural Protocol Approvals

Postby Aquinas » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:18 pm

They look fine to me, but remember we can't implement them until the bill has actually passed.
Aquinas

Postby utoronto » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Aquinas wrote:They look fine to me, but remember we can't implement them until the bill has actually passed.

Of course. Just getting pre-clearance :) like when Canadians or Americans want to cross our common border with minimal hassle. ;)
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Postby utoronto » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:27 am

utoronto wrote:Revision to the Valruzia/Walruzja CP (minor stuff like orthography and clarification): http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=447442

Has the support of a 3/4 majority of players with seats.

Now it's been passed.
Platforma Walruzyjska
utoronto

Location: RL: Poland+France+Canada / IC: Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska

Postby Aquinas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:34 am

Accepted.

I enjoyed the analogy about Americans and Canadians crossing borders, btw :).
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 am

Update to the Cultural Protocols of Kalistan: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=447174
Polites

Postby Aquinas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:08 am

Accepted. Thanks for sorting that out, Kalistanis!
Aquinas

Postby PaleRider » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:05 am

and now its time for Jakania to become stable at last: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=448352
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Aquinas » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:14 am

Accepted! Next time though remember to post the link to the Cultural Protocols bill that passed with a 2/3rds majority (ie. this, not the reference bill in your debate section).

The reference bill should include a link to both the Rules and the Cultural Protocols Index, so I'd be glad if you could fit those in.

But anyway, enough moaning from me. Thanks for sorting Jakania's Cultural Protocols out, much appreciated.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:40 am

The deadline having expired, Moderation has now supplied Cultural Protocols for Badara, New Endralon/Kizenia and Sekowo. Talmoria has been given an extension until 10th October to produce Cultural Protocols. Kalistan, in consultation with the player there, has been set to "Culturally Open" status.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Cultural protocols for Talmoria: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=449703

As requested by Moderation, Cultural Protocols were voted on and passed with the required majority. Overall, they describe Talmoria as being largely based on Islamic West Africa minus the Maghreb and with South Asian and Germanic influences, in line with past RP and Moderation guidelines.

Justification for the West African culture:

1. Talmoria changes cultures like socks. It was RPd at different times as South Africa, Brazil, the Mughal Empire, Somalia, Germany, and Turkey, with little consistency over time. But two things have remained constant throughout these incarnations, and that is the Asli and Ahmadism. The two aspects are now defined as having a majority in Talmoria, while the Asli were given a clearer identity as West Africans, as they are defined in the CPs of Ibutho.

2. Moderation guidelines from the time Talmoria was classified as Culturally Active define the nation as a "Mixed Muslim, Hindu, Germanic mix", and all those elements remain emphasized in the CP.

3. There has actually been little RP surrounding the Indian culture in Talmoria after it was first introduced, and all instances of it I could find concern discrimination and genocide directed against it (1, 2, 3, 4).

4. I don't think anything bad can be said about making Particracy's first African nation be based on an African culture, seeing how under-represented everything that is not European or Middle Eastern is.

Hope the CPs are ok and that they'll be accepted. I will provide more naming and language links after the bill is approved, but otherwise I think the document provides some reasonable guidelines to playing in a West African nation.

As I will not be able to log in till Monday (so after the deadline), if there is any objection to the CPs I ask that the deadline be extended by a couple of days so I could have time to respond. Hope that's not the case though.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to Requests