A Battle Unseen

General outlets, headlines and feeds.

Re: A Battle Unseen

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:27 pm

CIty of Alchester, Grand Duchy of Erneshire, Holy Luthori Empire, February 5458

He was sick of it, tired of these friends abandoning him, tired of a girl running after her, but there was a weird sense to this quest, whatsoever. And finally, more than anything, he was tired of his father taking the lead with his "examplary" brothers every day and I don’t know what, he didn’t know where to go, but he knew one thing. Robert Harrington had to leave the city of Alchester, as soon as possible, to save - what is left - his sanity.

But where was he supposed to go? He did not know, he had no contact outside the city, the name Harrington, was disgraced after the disastrous passage of one of his ancestors, Emily Harrington, to the post of Prime Minister and no one wanted to be in contact with this family. But suddenly, a flash of genius, the Army! But of course, the armed forces were his only source of escape from this hell - his father would finally be happy, and Alice...ben he did not know how she would react, amsi for the moment, it was the least of his worries, for the moment, he had to think about how he was going to tell his father that he was going to join the Army, he would of course be happy with him, but he had to think about how he was going to announce this news, which would undoubtedly be surprising in his eyes.

He therefore logically chooses direct action, this one wanting to see and pay the head of his old by telling him this news.

So he came to his father’s office, anxious, but ready, and pushed the door with confidence, and there he saw father, sat on the chair in front of his office sipping his tea, as if waiting for him.
The old man did not leave the head to his younger son to think about this eventuality, because he broke the annoying silence that had settled by saying: "Is there a reason why you disturb me in my studies, my son?"
Robert, for once polite with his paternal tells him frankly: "Yes, father"
Surprised by this change of behavior of his son, who began to call him father, he rose from his seat and asked him: "What do you want to tell me today?"
With a surge of confidence, he rushed and dropped the bomb: "Father, I wish to join the Imperial Army"

A moment of silence followed, the old man having already understood what had happened, his youngest son, the rebel, the one with whom he had several altercations about his future, comes to say it, of himself, without a gun to the temple, that he wants to join the ILA.

As he sat in his chair, he asked him, "Why is that, my son?"
His son simply said to him: "For the past two years, I have seen my friends go to their duty, and you had criticized me a lot for not taking my life in hand, so today I ask you to grant me the fact to join the ILA."
The father, stunned by this impromptu request, granted it to him and the son returned to his room, satisfied with his request and the way in which he requested it. He returned outside to take a breath of fresh air...

...and immediately called Alice to tell her that...

Meanwhile, Alice probably thought it was another attempt by the nobleman to seduce her, but was surely astonished when the address he gave her was in the upscale quarters of Alchester, She put on some presentable clothes and met him at Albert’s Café, and somehow, he wasn’t normal.

"Why did you call me in the neighborhood where I do my shopping, idiot?"
"For a reason, Alice..."
"Bobby? Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t talk to me like you’re gonna jump on me next minute..."
"Meh, I’m fine, I just have to tell you..."
"Say what?"
"Huh...I’m going to the Army..."
"Let me guess, did your old man make you tell me that joke?" She started laughing.

Robert’s serious look on his face made her reconsider what he said, him, in the Army, the adventurous playboy? Impossible, it would even be unnatural...but well...recently, he did not try to seduce people, he stopped trying to find his heart and the worst is that he even rejected the advances of Grimalda Robinson, One of the most beautiful girls she knew and from whom all men threw themselves when he saw her...with a more serial voice, she asked him:

"It’s not a joke? Is it?"
"No...I’m actually going to do my military service in the army or navy, I don’t really know. But I just wanted to tell you before I left."
She started whispering, "No, it’s...it’s impossible..."
Then took a more confident and assertive voice; "It’s your father?"
"Nope, it’s my choice, I need to get away from this monotonous life and start from this decadent life..."
"If that is your choice, then I would have no power to stop you..."
"It is likely."

"Even if I do?" She stood up and put her lips on his, tenderly embracing him.
"I love you, my Lord."

For the second time in his life, Robert was unpowering, facing the same woman in addition and let himself be carried away in the kiss.

When he entered the Imperial Military Academy at Millingdon, he was far more confident than before, his doubts having been removed with a single kiss, and he is now ready to serve his country.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby BananaZebra » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 am

YISHELEM, BEITEYNU, 5460

The plane had touched down in Yishelem at a little after 13:00, and the Admiral had spent much of that time exploring the street markets with his guide. It reminded him so much of home – the aromas of the spices, the chatter of haggling voices.

Admiral el-Yamin was in the city in regard to his assumption of control over the CMRF, but there was another reason as well.

The Admiral had always wanted to meet the Meleh, Elias Ishmael.

His grandfather had always spoken highly of the Meleh, saying he was a true and brave warrior, and a loyal and steadfast friend. Even as his health declined, he made regular visits to Yishelem to visit his friend the Hummus King.

Led from the markets to the palace, the Admiral began to reminisce on the few times he had met the Meleh as a child. A kind man, he always had candies and sweets, and would instruct the kitchen to make chocolate hummus each of the times he did visit.

In an observation room, the former Meleh sat before a great window, looking out over the city below with wistful eyes.

“Meleh,” the Admiral said, bowing.

The former monarch turned to look at the Admiral. His mind had clearly begun to slip from him, but despite his slow and awkward movements he looked healthy enough.

He smiled, his eyes widening.

“Ah! General,” he said softly.

The Meleh reached out shakily, taking the Admiral’s hand.

The Admiral smiled with frowning eyes as the Meleh spoke again.

“It’s been a long, long time my friend.”
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby Svetlana2 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:38 pm

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

"Fucking hell, I shouldn't have drank that much sake at the party. Ugh, my head hurts as fuck now" Martha Sormin groaned her left hand rubbing her forehead while her right arm is tightly wrapped around a suitcase clearly trying to protect what's inside it, while walking down the well-lit street leading to her apartment complex her eyes came across a flashy pink electronic advertisement placed conveniently on the side of a building, on it was the sensual picture of a Rajavanshi laying in a bed of roses surrounded by a harem of both men and women with the caption 'You look lonely, I can fix that, visit the Seduction house today!' the woman's name was written in a bold classy name right under it 'Yagana the empress', "Maybe I should go visit this so called Yagana, I think it's about time I have my first gay experience, time to visit the house of section I guess" She mumbled to herself before continuing her walk but instead of going home she instead walked toward the Aurore District where the brothel was located. Meanwhile, Yagana was putting on some Yingdalan inspired make up to fit for her title of Empress, shortly after knocks were heard on her door, she then looked at the door before asking, "Who is it? If you want to have sex, sorry to inform you that I don't work tonight," The door was then opened slowly revealing two Masked figures and her boss standing between them, Yagana gave him them a suspicious look before her boss cleared his throat, "Yagana I know you're busy and all but those are representatives of the Masked Fools and they just told me they have an urgent request to ask from you, of course I told them that you didn't work tonight but they insisted so here we are," the two masked individuals then whispered to each other while she studying them for a few seconds before nodding, "Well it would be extremely shameful of me to turn down representatives of the Society, isn't it? In that case, how about we talk about your request on my balcony," she said getting up from her make-up station and then putting a traditional Yingdalan dress that is still sensual enough for her work environment, "Shall we?" she gestured to them before her boss quickly left the room, Yagana sat on one end of a round table while the two representatives sat right next each other, "So gentlemen or gentlewomen, what brings you here on this fine night?" She asked leaning in with a slight smirk on her face, one of the representatives cleared his throat before saying, "Well miss Yagana, the Masked Fools Society would like to request your help in dealing with a rather uncomfortable rat putting their nose where they shouldn't," he said before adding, "the rat in question leaves nearby and we were informed that they are completely drunk alongside that their current trajectory is headed toward your establishment and-" Yagan quickly interrupted him before asking, "What kind of 'dealing with are we speaking off? I sure hope it's not death is it? And I sure hope there's a reason to why death would be a preferable ending" The two representatives glanced before replying with, "You see miss Yagana, this rat has not only stuffed their nose where they shouldn't have, they also threatened to use this information against one of leaders, more specifically Poétesse, the 3rd Show Master" Yagana's eyes widened to the revelation, not out of suprise but mainly due to the implications of it, "And Poétesse herself ordered the execution of the rat one way or another before they execute their plans, in exchange Poétesse promised to give you wealth, power and influence over the prostitution industry by making you the rightful empress of them all. So how does that sound miss Yagana?" He asked, Yagan thought to herself and evaluated her chances at succeeding to fulfill their request, "But how will I know that my name won't be tarnished? I mean having blood on my hand is fine with me but my public image must be preserved if I want clients to continue coming," She asked, "Don't worry miss Yagana, we will also be hiding in the balcony right next to yours just in case you need some help. Do we have a deal miss Yagana?" he said before standing up and extending his arm to her, "Happy to cooperate with the Society just make sure they fulfill their side of the deal. Now go hide and let me do the acting" She ordered as the two representatives moved to the designated hiding spot. She let's out a long tired sigh preparing herself for what she's about to do.

Martha painfully walked up to the reception of the brothel before asking, "Is Yagan available for tonight?" The receptionist Rais an eyebrow before replying with "Let me check for you miss..." her eyes then widened slightly from suprise, "...Yagana is indeed free for tonight, just knock on the red door at the end of this hallway" the receptionist then pointed at the door, Martha thanked her before she made her up the door and knocking three times (I don't know girl just wanna be mysterious so bad, but anyways!), "Please come in," Yagana said in a teasing tone as Martha slowly opened the door, "Oh wonderful, I didn't expect a lady to request my services for tonight, so how may I help you today gorgeous?" She asked Martha as she got up and got close to her before gently caressing her arm, "I-I don't know I just randomly saw a billboard of you blinding my eyes down the street so I thought why not see who is this Yagana" Martha muttered while blushing so much you could say she looked like a tomato while avoiding the gaze of Yagana, Yagana then swiftly grabbed her by the arm and pinned her against the door, "Looks like miss Lady right here came here with a rather interesting suitcase and an emotional baggage," Yagan said leaning in closer to Martha's face, her hand gently caressing Martha's right cheek making her blush, "Is that sake I'm smelling? So tell me, has a woman ever been this close to you?" She asked while pulling away slightly, Martha's breaths were ragged, and her heart was beating like a motor in her chest as she replied back with, "N-never...this feels a little too sudden, in my opinion..." Yagana then moved back slightly to leave some space for Martha, "Darling, since it's your first time with a woman like me, how about I ease you out with some drinks? After all it will be extremely rude of me to rush a client like that" Yagana said while playing with Martha's necklace that had the word "Utopia" written in modern Aldegarian on it, "T-that would be kinda great actually," Martha let out a long sigh from exhaustion as Yagana went to pour in two glasses of alcohol, "Just go sit on the balcony, I will be right there" Yagana ordered her while sneakily lacing Martha's drink, the both then sat at the same table Yagana had a talk with the MFS representative, Martha then placed her suitcase on the table before taking a sip from her drink, "So tell me what kind of stuff is so important that you have to carry this suitcase wherever you go?" Yagana asked while teasing Martha's leg under the table using her feet, "Uhm it does have some important news I uncovered about the leaders of this country and I want to let the people know how vicious they are," She said clearly flustered, "Oh I see, and what kind of information is it?" Yagana asked now her fingers slowly teasing Martha's hand she then placed a finger on Martha's lip as she was about to reply to her question, "No need to answer my questions baby girl, I think you're already way too hot and sexy already." She then got up from seat before grabbing Martha's hand and pulling her up from her seat, Yagana then pinned Martha against the rail of the balcony while wrapping her hand around Martha's waist, "You know I have never met a girl as gorgeous as you in my entire life, and I want to kiss you real bad, can I do that my lady?" She asked teasingly, her lips mere inches from Martha's lips before she lifted up now her legs spread apart with Yagana standing in between them as she captured her lips in a deep passionate kiss, "I love Yagana" Martha confessed as he let Yagana explore her mouth, "I'm sorry to inform you my dear that this will be our final encounter," Yagana whispered against Martha's lips as she broke the kiss, "Goodbye princess" She then pushed Martha off the balcony rail, Martha's eyes widened from shock as she then screamed while falling to her death.

Yagana looked down to see Martha now dead laying on the floor as a cleaner team came to dispose of the corpse, the two previously hidden representatives then came out of their spot, "Miss Yagana, Poétesse herself would like to talk to you personally," one of the representatives said as he handed over the phone, "Yagana speaking" She said awaiting an answer from the other end of the line, "Miss Yagana what a delightful moment to be speaking with you! But first and foremost I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this service," Poétesse said in a classy and swave voice, Yagana couldn't help herself from wondering what kind of person Poétesse truly is, "And since you have helped us deal eith this rat, just tell me what your deepest wishes and I shall deliver," She added her tone of voice sounding like a devil convincing but the deal was way too god to refuse, "The pleasure is mine malady and the only thing I want is to be the true empress of the underworld, if possible maybe even join the organization unless of course you don't want someone to rock the world of the show masters," Yagana replied with a little hint of sassiness in her voice, "You know what Yagana, I accept your request because i like a woman like you who knows her true value and isn't scared of loudly claiming it. In addition, I can make you the head of the Society's prostitution directory which means that you will be the empress of all the brothels and even found your own crime family in the Champagne District, Aldegar's capital of lust and greed.." She paused before quickly adding, "I may even help you climb the ladder and become a show master if you prove yourself extremely useful to us by being an efficient director. So how does that sound miss Yagana, or should I say Empress?" Poétesse said teasingly, "It sounds like the start of a fruitful partnership between us" Yagana replied back with thr same teasing tone Poétesse used, "Incredible, we will send you a car to pick you up tomorrow and have a meeting with Father so that I can successfully plead your case. See you soon, Empress, " She said before hanging up, Yagana then handed the phone back to the representatives as they picked up the suitcase before leaving her room. She then collapsed on her bed and thought to herself, "Finally, I'm truly an empress."
Don't mind me just spreading som good old chaos and insanity and sometimes democracy and freedom depends on my mood
Svetlana2

Postby Luis1p » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:23 pm

Palace of Moreshet, 1:45 A.M

An elegant black car rolls up to the palace. A 5400, Perigot-Citron exclusive state vehicle. Out steps an elegant looking woman, black pantsuit, red scarf, and black velvet gloves. An IRSA agent. She enters the palace and is greeted by palace staff and security personnel. The woman goes up the winding stairs to the largest room in the palace. She enters the room and sees a man sitting in a chair by the window overlooking Yishelem.

Is this a good time, Meleh?, she says.

What do you want now? Here to arrest me?, says the man.

"No, I bring word from His Royal Majesty."

"What does that incel want? Money? Another gem? The keys to the empire itself?!

"No, you are forbidden from returning to the Royal Estates-- and he entire Union as well. Any of your possessions in the greater union will be confiscated and returned to the Royal House. Your name shall no longer be of Orleans-Vasser per decree 1A.12 from His Royal Majesty."

"Ah, I see. Ousting me just like he did his mother and his brother. Casual Canrillaise bitch. Upkeeping the integrity of the house-- WELL I RUINED IT FOR GOOD!! NO DECREE, NO MONEY, NO GEM WILL EVER MAKE IT THE SAME!!!"

"Quit the shouting, if you please. I have another message. Catherine is dead. She overdosed in Alduria. The press will not be making any announcements."

"YOU BASTARDS YOU KILLED HER! SHE WAS WITH CHILD--MY CHILD! YOU KILLED IT! We were going to be the greatest dynasty on the planet and you've ruined it."

"She sent you a gift. A bottle of chickpea-wine. Your favorite."

She opens the bottle unseen and slips inside a capsule.

"Ah, my cherie. she did not forget me...... Leave you peasant... LEAVE. You have brought me enough pain. Stick it to your king, he will witness my revenge eventually."

"I highly doubt that." She leaves the room.

------

The meleh opens his drink. Packaged by the ex-royal. He reads the note. It is in Canrillaise--which he does not understand, but bears the message "I love you." He drinks the wine slowly, savouring and enjoying every taste. He goes towards the window of the large room. He looks at all the lights of the city, glistening, and shining. His empire in front of him. He thinks, "Do I deserve this"? He begins to feel out of breath and takes a seat. He thinks of his now dead child, and dead lover. He begins to feel lightheaded. His throat feeling like its being wringed. A pins-and-needles sensation builds in his throat. He realizes too late. He collapses on the floor. Vile coming from his mouth. His eyes red and bulging.

He reads the note on the fatal wine one more time, and dies.
Luis1p

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:37 pm

Richbrough Army Base, November 5460.

And there he was, the day he feared so much arrived, here he was in front of the military base of Richbrough, where he was going to receive an education of soldier "hard to cook", at least according to his paternal. For him, this represented a new stage, not without being influenced by the life choices of his friends. A stage from which it should be influenced in some way.

As his driver arrived at the gate of the military base, separating him from the unknown, he could not help but think of the two years he spent at the Military Academy of Milingdon, this having taught him the basics of the profession of army officer. Today, he was appointed to the position of "military instructor", meaning that he was to train the new recruits of the Army within this base. With this instruction, he received the rank of lieutenant and a tidy sum of money as salary.

He thought of Alice, with whom he kept in touch during all these years, it seems that their mutual love has only increased during the military service of the young nobleman and it seems that his respect and admiration towards his father, who was still at an alltime low, except when he was a child, increased during his military service. He learned that his father was a highly respected officer in the ILA, having fought in Ikradon during the Civil War. Strangely, his father never told him these episodes of glory, which intrigued him, but did not bother him.

As he saw the recruits he had to train to become good little soldiers, he thought he was proud, nevertheless, to be a Soldier of the Emperor. [insert him singing "Soldiers of the Emperor" (IRL "Soldiers of the King") in his head.]
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:33 pm

Richbrough Army Base, July 5462 (Robert’s POV)

It has been two years, two long years, during which he has trained the young recruits of the Imperial Army, in truth almost to say that he was quite proud of his job in Richbrough, in all the opinion of the soldiers, It seems he was the best teacher he could have hoped for in the Army. In truth, how not to be quickly attached to this bunch of idiots who has such a good joie de vivre and such good camaraderie.

July, what a month, in theory, he should be on leave for a few weeks, but oddly, the Defence Staff "suggested to him," another word to say obliged, to postpone his vacation to August, when he had to announce the news to Alice, She was...how should I say...he almost didn’t make it alive from their house. There, an angry fiancé...oh, I didn’t tell you. Yes, the two are engaged, it seems that Robert after months of uncertainty, finally had the courage to ask his father if he could take her as his wife, Fortunately, his aristocratic background helped him to make his hut with his stern father who gave him his consent.

So, the proposal went quite well, in a place where they usually meet as soon as Robert is off. For once, it was not him who was lacking in words, it was she who had no voice when he asked her. A funny memory, to tell later, but he had a wedding to plan, even if he could trust his family for it, his father is in heaven, his brothers tease him permanently and his sister and fiancé have now become BFFs.

He wondered why the Staff had the request that he remain at his post before at least August. But his deputy surprised him even more when he told him that it was His Majesty who asked him directly.

He saw the column of cars and a person emerged, the Prince of Orange.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:40 pm

Richbrough Army Base, July 5462 (Albert's POV)

The Prince of Orange, Albert of the renowned House of Orange-Villayn Armstead, crown prince of the crowns of Luthori and Rutania...was in deep shit, because of a mess he made with that fucking princess Ersézbet, who was drugged to the teeth. How could he fall under the influence of alcohol and not prevent the princess from bewitching him when she began in the room of the queen prostitute of Lourenne....phew... even if he didn’t know why he didn’t stop him. Well, there was good, on the one hand, no one knew he had a deal with this princess, and well, the fiancé didn’t see it. Unfortunately, for him, his parents got wind of the matter and instead of scolding him as he did once, today they will do something else, they forced him to publicly apologize for his bad behavior and go illco to the army.

Even the official apology was quite humiliating and was the first scandal for the House of Orange-Villayn in years, not even decades, so it was quite difficult, especially since he had to rebuild his dishonored reputation within his family. Finally, he thought, this military excursion should rebuild his reputation and best prepare him for his future function as Emperor of Luthori, therefore Commander-in-Chief of the Armies.

As his car reached its destination, his personal driver told him that they had arrived and wished him good luck. As soon as he got out of the car, he could only remain in awe of the military complex that trained so many rulers of the Empire. He walked and came before a young, but imposing figure of authority and charisma.

He arrived at the Richbrough military complex, where he met his instructor, Lieutenant Harrington.
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Nileowen_ » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:03 pm

Unknown, Éagsúila, August 5469

The car had reached the building just before midnight. He knew the 'board' were going to paranoid, especially in the industry they worked in. Once he got inside he was searched and scanned by the board's hired security. Amateurs, he resented their evident inexperience and manhandling of the search, clearly evident by how they missed his phone which was just sitting in his pocket. Once the mediocre-at-best search was over, he was led to an elevator to the top floor. The elevator opened to 15 individuals wearing full facial coverings, all seated around a semi-circular table, with a singular seat opposite to them.

"Welcome Mr. Ormonde, please take your seat." The central figure spoke. "As you know we contacted you via 'the relay' earlier this month, and offered you a job working for IAMA. What have yet to tell you is that this isn't an interview, and we already want hire you as the leader of IAMA, codenamed as 'Administrator'."

While Ormonde seemed unsurprised on the surface, underneath he was deeply shocked. They hadn't told him what IAMA did, or what IAMA even stood for, how could they expect him to run the agency?

"We understand you are known little of what we do Mr. Ormonde, so let's clarify some points. IAMA, or the 'International Asset Management Agency' in full, is a recently formed conglomerate contractable by high-wealth individuals and organisations to perform illegal activities of a high level. We are not common thugs, and we only perform high level requests, not robbing old ladies. We want you, the 'Administrator' to run the conglomerate, and we believe you are suitable fit from your time running the SNF's special section. We will contact you in a few days time, so think well about the offer."

He was led out of the building by the hired security, and drove home. When a few days later the phone rang, he had only two words to say:
"I accept."
John 8:32 (DRA)
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Nileowen_

Postby hyraemous » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:57 pm

Office of the Prime Minister of Kundrati
Sometime in January 5470...

After that performance, Prime Minister Mikulas Stepsjal was sobbing in his private residence. He yelled at the room to nobody about how Kundrati had, for 200 years, tried to work with both sides to have peace—only for both sides to circle towards war.

It took an hour before he finally managed to compose himself. That performance was mocked internationally, and even in Kundrati, newspapers criticized the prime minister for his "performance" in the General Assembly. He walked out of his room, bathed, and left the private residence in a new suit. From there, he made a short journey to his office, where his Minister of Defence, Stefan Johannes, awaited.

The two spoke about Beiteynu and Lourenne. Johannes warned that the Kundrati Navy would be unable to patrol all the seas surrounding Makon and Artania. They talked to Davostag, Luthori, and the Dual Republic to help. Davostag confirmed privately while Luthori stalled and the Dual Republic, always the pro-Beiteynu nation out there, agreed if it didn't include the Migrants' Pass. However, even this would not be enough. After all, the Lourennaise Fleets are a bit larger than Kundrati's. While a battle between Kundrati and Lourenne has not happened, it was feared that Lourenne could fly on by.

The PM thought Kundrati's honor was already mocked anyway. Lodamun would probably disagree with Kundrati, citing their own operations in their own EEZ and seas north of that EEZ, not to mention the alliance with Beiteynu.

So, somewhat reluctantly, as Kundrati was already seen as a nation that swapped foreign policy many times (which the PM feared doing again after making this bold step), the PM agreed to let Beiteynu pass. However, it would probably be unwise for Beiteynu to be allowed to go publicly through lest Kundrati be questioned over how they were selective over who would pass and who wouldn't.

...so a secret communique was sent to the Beiteynuese Ministry of Defence. They would be allowed to pass through without hindrance; however, they would not be allowed to fly the Beiteynuese flag. The statement included the authorization to fly the Kundrati flag when passing through the Artanian Sea or other seas included in the quarantine.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby BananaZebra » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:40 pm

Princess Adelaida of Zyldavia
NEK, Feb. 5471

The steady and rhythmic beats of the heart monitor were the only sounds to pierce the lonely silence in the princess's room. Her aunt Katerina sat sleeping in the chair in the corner, arms crossed and chin resting on her collarbone. The princess struggled to look around the room, her neck stiff and constrained by the brace around it.

The door opened loudly, and a nurse Adelaida had never seen before entered the room.

"Excuse me," the nurse said to Katerina. "I need to clean her and change the bedpans, if you wouldn't mind stepping out."

Katerina nodded sleepily and stood to leave.

As her aunt departed, the princess struggled to speak up. Something was wrong. Only silent, choked gasps escaped her lips, and her aunt left nonetheless.

Now alone in the room, the nurse took an empty syringe from her breast pocket, pulling the plunger back to fill it with air and stepping closer to the bed. The princess reached slowly for the nurse call button and the nurse sucked her teeth loudly, slapping it off the bed and out of the princess's reach.

"I'm afraid no one is going to help you this time. It's a shame that guard saved you, really. A bullet to the brain would have been so much more merciful than..." the nurse gave the syringe a good flick. "...this."

Inserting the needle into the IV line, the nurse pressed the plunger to create a small bubble of air in the flow of blood and IV fluid.

The princess began to struggle as best she could, the beeps of the heart monitor picking up speed as she began to panic.

The nurse stood, smiling, and left. On her way out she told the attending nurse to deliver a round of sedatives to a "panicked patient."

Katerina re-entered the room, flanked by two nurses. One held the princess down as the other administered a small dose of sedatives.

The princess calmed, and laid back down against the pillows. The heart monitor slowed once more, for a moment, before beeping erratically and much quicker than before.

Adelaida's eyes darkened as they filled with blood, and her body thrashed and convulsed widly.

Then, the princess lay still once more, and the room fell silent.

The only noise was once more the heart monitor, flatlining this time.
Last edited by BananaZebra on Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

PreviousNext

Return to Media