Bug regarding cabinet formation?

Find and report bugs, issues and problems with the game and the forum.

Bug regarding cabinet formation?

Postby -lanaerys- » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi!

After winning an election in Alduria, I decided to put forward a cabinet proposal: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=587180

However, it failed despite me having a majority in parliament. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!
uwu
-lanaerys-

Re: Bug regarding cabinet formation?

Postby jamescfm » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm not a Moderator but I've seen this issue a few times before, it's difficult to explain so stick with me. As part of the election mechanic within the game, when an election month hits, the game temporarily says that the election will happen next month while it calculates the results. Once the results have been generated, the "next election date" updates, the results are published and all bills in the debate section. In the past, I've noticed that if players post a cabinet proposal in the same month that the election happens, there is sometimes a bug which means that the bill automatically fails at the end of that month. It looks like that's what has happened here. Perhaps Wouter could offer some clarification on why this happens but in the meantime, the good news is that you should be able to pass a cabinet bill if you try again now. Hope that helps.
jamescfm

Postby -lanaerys- » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm

I tried again and it worked. Thanks for the advice! I'll remember to wait next time!
uwu
-lanaerys-

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:01 am

The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Return to Bugs