Cabinet election bug

Find and report bugs, issues and problems with the game and the forum.

Cabinet election bug

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 am

By this, the cabinet should have passed. However, it did not, despite more than half of the legislature voting for it. Could anyone explain this?
SelucianCrusader

Re: Cabinet election bug

Postby Valdštejn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 pm

It could be that I'm missing something, but it seems to be that this is a real bug - this cabinet definitely should have passed. I'll see what we can do about it right away.
Valdštejn

Postby catparty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:19 pm

I don't think its a bug, its a feature.

When Barmenia was switched from having separate HoS and HoG positions (which is akin to the Semi-Presidential form of government used in France where the HoS only has government power when his party's coalition has a majority in parliament) to having a merged HoS/HoG position (which is akin to the American Presidential form of government where the President always has government power) it made it such that the party controlling the Felis Supremis position gained veto power over cabinets.

The Eredian Party (which unfortunately controls the merged HoS/HoG position) voted against it, so the proposal was vetoed.
Libertarian Alliance of Cats
Feline Homeland of Barmenia

Progressive Party
Realms of Luthori
catparty

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm

catparty wrote:When Barmenia was switched from having separate HoS and HoG positions to having a merged HoS/HoG position, it made it such that the party controlling the Felis Supremis position gained veto power over cabinets.

The Eredian Party (which unfortunately controls the merged HoS/HoG position) voted against it, so the proposal was vetoed.

This is exactly the reason.
Remember, a cabinet proposal needs all involved parties to vote "Yes" for it to pass.

Read Article 1 of the bill.
The default HoG is the HoS, and the person proposing the cabinet couldn't change that, but the game still reads it as the Eredian Party being a part of the proposal.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Valdštejn » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:13 pm

catparty and SiggonKristov are absolutely right here, I overlooked that.
Valdštejn

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Valdštejn wrote:catparty and SiggonKristov are absolutely right here, I overlooked that.

Actually, it was catparty. I just elaborated to show the relation with game mechanics. :D
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Return to Bugs