Badara Budget Bug

Find and report bugs, issues and problems with the game and the forum.

Badara Budget Bug

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 am

My spreadsheet was giving an issue with Defence Spending listings, and it took me hours to figure it out. I dug through page after page of raw data from the site, and realized that there was no "Defence" amount on the budget page for Badara.

I decided to check the actual site, because I figured my spreadsheet would be the problem (which would take a good 20 minutes to fix if it was). Apparently, it's not... There is no defence spending in Badara's budget at all.

So I wondered why it would suddenly disappear, and I decided to check the last budget proposal voted on. I have concluded that it is the problem.

My spreadsheet was made to cut out that exact same thing... Unrealistic amounts of spending. When players do that, my spreadsheet applies a penalty to their currency value in KRV (which is dynamic, unlike the game's currencies which are static). Unfortunately, the number was too big for the game to handle, so the number never got passed on to my spreadsheet for the KRV to undermine it :evil:
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Re: Badara Budget Bug

Postby Amazeroth » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 am

I've told the player to make a new budget (and to remove the flag of Turkey). If that doesn't fix it, I'll tell Wouter.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:36 pm

Amazeroth wrote:I've told the player to make a new budget. If that doesn't fix it, I'll tell Wouter.

We may have to call in Wouter. The budget proposal doesn't have a slot for Defence.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

Already made.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby Lucca » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 am

Wait please ... just log in as a party in the corresponding nation (Al'Badara in this case), and follow this link:

http://classic.particracy.net/newspendi ... ate=Update

This will take you to the "create a budget" screen, including a line for Defence.
Then adjust the numbers as you would like.

There's probably no need to bother Wouter about this :)
If my experience is correct, either this will fix the budget right away, or when the budget bill (which can be created here) is passed.
Lucca

Postby Amazeroth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks, it seems to work.
Amazeroth

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

It's funny because Moderation's account is in Badara.
Siggon Kristov

Return to Bugs