Curious Cabinet Vote

Find and report bugs, issues and problems with the game and the forum.

Curious Cabinet Vote

Postby ReformedEndralon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Good afternoon! I put this cabinet proposal to vote and voted yes. As I won half of the seats at the last elections I naturally assumed it would pass during the transition to the following month. Interestingly when the clock turned the cabinet proposal was defeated, despite a majority vote in favour, the only party in the cabinet voting yes and the eight month vote limit not having timed out!

Has anyone else experienced this? I have put a follow up proposal to vote and wait to see what happens.
ReformedEndralon

Re: Curious Cabinet Vote

Postby Auditorii » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 pm

ReformedEndralon wrote:Good afternoon! I put this cabinet proposal to vote and voted yes. As I won half of the seats at the last elections I naturally assumed it would pass during the transition to the following month. Interestingly when the clock turned the cabinet proposal was defeated, despite a majority vote in favour, the only party in the cabinet voting yes and the eight month vote limit not having timed out!

Has anyone else experienced this? I have put a follow up proposal to vote and wait to see what happens.

I believe if you propose a cabinet immediately after elections when normal bills are sent back to the "Debate" phase, it automatically defeats a cabinet proposal. At least, that is what I've seen.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby ReformedEndralon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Auditorii wrote:
ReformedEndralon wrote:Good afternoon! I put this cabinet proposal to vote and voted yes. As I won half of the seats at the last elections I naturally assumed it would pass during the transition to the following month. Interestingly when the clock turned the cabinet proposal was defeated, despite a majority vote in favour, the only party in the cabinet voting yes and the eight month vote limit not having timed out!

I believe if you propose a cabinet immediately after elections when normal bills are sent back to the "Debate" phase, it automatically defeats a cabinet proposal. At least, that is what I've seen.

Rgr that, follow up proposals seem to have gone through OK, so I will ensure not to propose a cabinet change immediately after an election!
ReformedEndralon

Postby FPC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 am

ReformedEndralon wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Rgr that, follow up proposals seem to have gone through OK, so I will ensure not to propose a cabinet change immediately after an election!

Yeah Auditorri is right. It's a weird one. Try passing the cabinet again and if doesnt work let me know and I can contact the game dev ;-)
Used to be relevant
FPC

Return to Bugs