8th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Mariana Fonseca, General Secretary of the World Congress:
Mister Stinson, you are perfectly entitled to question my rights but I am not acting beyond my authority. Such an expansive chamber as the General Assembly necessitates that there is an impartial individual who moderates debate and ensures that decorum is upheld. Referring to the President of the General Assembly in the manner that Ambassador Argov did does not comply with the minimum standards expected of a national representative and thus he will be removed from the chamber if he does not rescind them.
jamescfm

Postby Cirith » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 pm

James Stinson, Shadow Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party;

Would Madame General Secretary point me to the paperwork, documents or confirmation that her authority does extend to evicting people with views she finds repugnant? Like she said, this is an organisation of nations, political parties, trade unions, religious representatives and NGO's, one would assume their are differing and extensive views, who determines which are credible and allowed, and which should be evicted, certainly not you Madame General Secretary. I put it to you that you are here to facilitate debate and to guide conversations, not to kick anyone out or determine what is and what is not acceptable.
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Certainly, Mister Stinson. In the relevant documentation, the World Congress General Secretary's role is outlined as "chairing discussions and determining who may speak in both the Security Council and General Assembly as well as directing the implementation of Security Council resolutions". In addition to that, the General Assembly is characterised as open to "any government, political party, religious body, labour union or other social group may contribute to its discussions (at the discretion of the chair)". I assure you that I am only fulfilling my duty and that there is no malice in my actions.
jamescfm

Postby Cirith » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:32 pm

James Stinson, Shadow Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party;

Madame General Secretary, I concede you may stop the Ambassador from participating in this discussion, but the fact remains you cannot force them to withdraw comments or evict them from the Chamber.

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby Govenor12 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Coudl the General Secretary please outline the sections of the speech which should be withdrawn?
Especially in the light that this chamber should be a place for "open debate" and since the general secretary should act "apolitically" and since "They must not become involved directly in discussions of either of the organs of the World Congress..."
All the marked sections are directyl quoted out of the document which the general secretary used.

Argov, Ambassador from Beiteynu to the General Assembly
Govenor12

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:52 pm

The remarks that 'As far as Beiteynu is concerned women belong to the kitchen, however we will adress the lady as it is apporpriate.' must be withdrawn, Ambassador. Discrimination against fellow members of the General Assembly will not be tolerated and I am well within my rights to move against them; this is not a political matter and it is not related to the discussions of the chamber.
Last edited by jamescfm on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamescfm

Postby Govenor12 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Coudl the general secretary please outline which part of the section is a discrimination since half of the statement sums up the current position of the government of Beiteynu whereas the second part just is a declaration of acceptance to the statement of the president: " despite your inability to discern my gender."

Argov, ambassador
Govenor12

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Ambassador Argov, we are not here to play a semantics game. You are fully aware of the implication made in your comments and that they fall clearly below of the standards expected not just in the General Assembly but in international diplomacy generally. Unless you are willing to completely retract your previously referenced comments, I shall request your removal from the General Assembly.
jamescfm

Postby Govenor12 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm

This is clear infirngement of our diplomatic rights and not a game. But since you see it like that I will not adress the General assembly any longer before I will be censored by a dictatorship which is not able to understand sentences.
From now on the government of Beiteynu will adress the assembly via an automatic artifically-intelligent powered device and since the President only determines "who" may speak and not "what" may speak we are on the safe side.But yes, women belong to the kitchen , in accordance with the position of the government of Beiteynu. And it would be well suited to the General assembly.

" Primarily, this means chairing discussions and determining who may speak in both the Security Council and General Assembly..."

Argov, (former) ambassador to the General Assembly
Last edited by Govenor12 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Govenor12

Postby Cirith » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Under what authority Madame General Secretary? I see nothing about your power to remove, only to include. I also see nothing about the power to force retractions so cease trying to enforce your own standards on speakers in the Assembly.

Player since 2700!

Cirith

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive