Narikaton und Darnussia Negotiations with Luthori

Conferences, visits and other bilateral or multilateral meetings.

Narikaton und Darnussia Negotiations with Luthori

Postby Cirith » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Alexander Feigenbaum, LP Deputy Leader and Minister for Foreign Affairs Narikaton und Darnussia has been invited to Luthori by James Stinson, Luthori Foreign Secretary and Deputy Leader of the RCP to discuss matters of mutual interest and future relations.

Luthori Foreign Office in Fort William
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Re: Narikaton und Darnussia Negotiations with Luthori

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:19 pm

(After greeting James Stinson etc)

Wonderful office, wonderful city. Very brilliant.

So -- down to business.

Our ultimate goal here is to establish an international treaty of friendship: a formal agreement. With all parties in our nation agreeing, we think it is likely we will be able to ratify this agreement on our end. Of course, I'm also willing to discuss any other areas where you feel that it may be helpful to co-operate or any other concerns, so on.

Obviously, there's a lot of ground to cover, but I think we should first things first lay down the foundations of peace and friendship. We see three areas where action would be necessary for the very baseline of the agreement, not regarding the economy, et cetera.

Any deal would have to include some kind of anti-aggression agreement. A guarantee of no military attacks, intelligence attacks, so on and so forth. Pretty simple stuff. I can't imagine any kind of issues with that -- just formalising a general concept already in the air I imagine.

I think it would be helpful to agree to establishing diplomatic embassies in both countries too.

And, of course, we assume you would feel action is necessary on The Wall* -- de-escalation and such. We're wondering what you would specifically feel necessary with regards to this structure? And if you have any other suggestions for establishing this baseline agreement?

Alexander Feigenbaum
Foreign Affairs Minister for the Bundesrepublik Narikaton und Darnussia
Deputy Leader of the LP
Chief Negotiator

*(OOC: big defensive structure built along the border, armed by military.)
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you Minister, yes, straight to business.

A treaty of friendship is an excellent idea, of course this should not just be about non-aggression and beginning to de-escalate the tensions both our nations feel, it must be about promoting, fostering and nurturing a stabilisation of relations and a lasting improvement to the economical situation.

As for the baseline, we would concur that a non-aggression pact, which extended to intelligence operations, should be front and centre.

We would welcome an embassy back in Fort William for the Bundesrepublik, and I can assure you the Foreign Office here would sign an agreement now to get a Luthorian Embassy in Merenbürg.

As for the Wall, the position is a difficult one. De-escalation is an end goal for us both I imagine, but the Luthori Government would have concerns about any de-militarisation right now, until we know this treaty of friendship is genuine and effective, then we could move to a treaty specifically on the wall perhaps. Of course, we would be open to discussing anything that could ease immigration, which eases friction at the walls and perhaps looks at easing specific border tensions. What where your thoughts on the Wall situation?

As for anything else in the baseline, I would hope we could smooth custom and visa arrangements between neighbouring nations moving to friendship?

James Stinson
Luthori Foreign Secretary
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Sir, we could of course look at visa requirements for nationals of the Bundesrepublik, but would need reciprocated provisions for our nationals.

Charley Davis
Deputy Negotiator

The Foreign Office could certainly move to lift existing trade restrictions with the Bundesrepublik, and ease customs with Priority status.

Kendra Dorine
Deputy Foreign Secretary

Ok, ok, the pair of you, thanks.

Well, Alexander, do we have the beginnings of a baseline?

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:45 pm

We certainly do.

And I completely agree: this should be about more than non-aggression pacts, and we would like to see other benefits for both of our nations.

We would agree to the creation of an embassy in Fort William and Merenbürg.

If we can reach an agreement overal all Narikatonese troops could be removed from the Wall, the Bundeskanzler (OOC: Prime Minister) and Nicole Strauch, my colleague in the Defence Ministry, have both indicated. We know the process will be gradual and take time. We would like to see a border force -- perhaps a joint border force -- established on the Wall however in place of this military. Some government officials have indicated they would like this border force to be armed. Still, this would not be a military effort and would greatly help to ease tensions.

I believe we can match any changes to the visa requirements, and would fully support joint easing of customs with Priority status and removal of certain trade restrictions. Sadly my colleague Arthur Steinhaeusser, Minister for Trade and Industry, could not join us today, however I'm sure something more specific could be worked out in future.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Foreign Affairs Minister
Chief Negotiator

In addition of course we would like to see an agreement for companies from both of our nations to establish operations in each other's markets.

Adler Schmidt
Deputy Negotiator

Yes, of course.

Oh -- and I presume we could organise formal visits as these negotiations move forwards in the coming months? This would help symbolically to unify our countries.

We would like to establish shared Police databases or co-operation, at some point. We have also suggested an international treaty -- the International Anti-Crime Database Agreement -- if it would be easier to work through that.

Any other suggestions or concerns?

Alexander Feigenbaum
Foreign Affairs Minister
Chief Negotiator
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:20 am

An Agreement overall will take time, as I said, we should consider ways to ease friction and immigration, make the security at the Wall more stable and reduce the presence of arms wherever possible. If the Bundesrepublik is willing to considering removing troops first, then I am sure I can convince the Luthori Government to do the same. Once de-escalation starts, then a joint border security would make sense, either joint across the whole wall, or divide it up for mutual management.

We would welcome companies from the Bundesrepublik operating within Luthori, provided they operate within our domestic laws as always, the same goes for Luthori companies in the Bundesrepublik.

I am sure the President would like to formally visit Bundesrepublik, to begin the healing process. And Luthori would welcome Präsident Schauer.

Luthori would not consider the International Anti-Crime Database Agreement at this moment in time, we are still undergoing relatively new reforms to our national police service, which was only established 8 years ago. But we can certainly look at extradition?

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

*on the phone* Ok, I will let him know.

Mister Secretary, we have been informed that a recent vote of the Bundestag has replaced Minister Feigenbaum and removed his Liberale Partei from the Coalition Government.

Kendra Dorine
Deputy Foreign Secretary

Alexander, what is happening here? Are you authorised to undertake these talks? Are your Government even serious about them?

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:49 pm

We have received full authority from our allies in the Liberaldemokraten who now hold the Foreign Office to continue talks. You will also notice that all parties within our nation have voted to support the negotiations. As such we would like to continue with the meeting -- know that I hold the full authority to lead these negotiations and have the full trust of government, regardless of our domestic situation. Still, I do see why you are concerned... think of us as a delegation from the formal government, an extension of their will. A kind of acting Foreign Affairs Minister for these negotiations. I could put you in contact with the new minister, if you'd like to confirm this.

I cannot pretend the decision to remove us from government is not irritating to say the least, but our government is dedicated to ensuring that those tensions do not infringe on these negotiations.

Anyhow, if we may continue?

I was speaking in the longer term with referral to The Wall. I think reducing friction with regards to immigration is important and the proposals outlined would certainly be agreeable.

I would very much like to see de-escalation as soon as posssible. However, the Bundeskanzler has insisted that we include this as part of a larger deal. Wants to make sure everything is legitimate, before we start making large moves... I'm sure you understand. Perhaps we should revisit this topic in future, when we have a more full agreement?

As for the companies -- I mean, absolutely, companies working with regards to domestic law is a given.

I think the formal visits may be arranged directly through government -- you'd have to speak to the Bundeskanzler and Präsident more personally, but I believe there would be no troubles there.

We see why you may be averse to joining the IACDA, however some form of police co-operation would jointly benefit our nations. Sharing of basic information, perhaps? It may help your national police departnemnt to become more efficient and grow, and I think this would be very helpful. An agreement with regards to extradition would also be particularly helpful.

Perhaps even if it's just limited to intelligence sharing, or anti-terror operations?

Militarily, I feel we could possibly come to some sort of agreement. Perhaps opening ourselves up to trade in that front? It might be difficult to form any formal alliances or anything, though if we were to find ourselves allies we would certainly hope for some kind of support both ways.

So, to review: Allowance of companies to work within domestic law in either nation, agreement to lift trade restrictions and ease customs on a reciprocal level, establishment of embasies, potential future formal visits to be arranged, a new formal condemnation on our part for the actions of our nation historically, non-aggression pact extending to intelligence, potentially the future de-escalation of the Wall in future, priority trade status... excluding the areas we're currently discussing, for example police matters. Is that about everything so far?

Are there any suggestions you'd like to put forward that we haven't already covered?

I think shortly I would like a small break in negotiations, during which time we may both review the positions with our respective governments and seek further counsel. Is that acceptable?

Alexander Feigenbaum
Lead Negotiator
LP Leader
On the behalf of the Foreign Office and Government

lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Alexander, if you have their authority, then that is good enough for us.

De-escalation at the Wall will take time, but we are not blind to it, perhaps our friendship agreement includes regular summits and a commitment to re-visit the situation in 5 years?

We would have no issues with extradition, and perhaps we can share information when the crime crosses the border, or the criminal does. Perhaps sharing of what the police have on file, as well as the DNA database? Of course anti-terror operations can be worked together.

Perhaps to help ease the tensions of our military at the Wall, joint exercises should be part of the agreement, at fixed intervals to allow for the easing of tensions through friendly comraderie and the need for competition? This would not be a full alliance, but the beginning of something which could lead to one.

I am quite satisfied with what we have so far, it is more than I thought we would get to in all honesty. Your list actually seems like the beginning of a comprehensive agreement, once we have the details filled in.

A break would help us both, but I can say that Luthori is serious about these negotiations and we welcome the Bundesrepublik's good intentions in this matter. We are hopeful we can ease the tension between our nations and soothe the pain of the past.

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:43 pm

I think the 5-year-revisit suggestion is a fantastic idea.

Of course, I was only suggesting the sharing of information on hand... apologies if I was not clear. Those suggestions are all I would want from the deal, frankly, but I'm sure we would accept any other areas of co-operation.

Joint exercises would be acceptable, if we can ensure neither side shows aggression and causes trouble. It may help to begin with some other things... perhaps friendly sports games, recreational activities too? I shall have to consult government.

I hope we can teach a comprehensive agreement and foster the beginnings of a full alliance in the future.

Hopefully we shall arrange to meet again very shortly, after this break.

Thanks. Good to meet you, too.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Lead Negotiator
Leader of the LP
On behalf of government

lewiselder1

Postby Cirith » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Yes, sports and recreational, military exercises to follow if the atmosphere is positive.

Ok, I think we have something to work on and present out Governments, should we meet back here next month?

James Stinson
Deputy Leader of the RCP
Chief Negotiator

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:23 am

Perhaps you may wish to meet in Merenbürg? We have presented to the Bundestag as a whole to gather opinion and have received generally positive support. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Alexander Feigenbaum
LP Leader
Lead Negotiator

lewiselder1

Next

Return to Diplomacy