9th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

9th General Assembly Session

Postby Horrell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:58 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 9th General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4234 to 4249.

Gavin Kramer, President of Baltusia
Fellow leaders of Terra,
I am making a visit here today because I have found something that needs the world attention, we have some good news and bad news. The good news, Almost all nations have banned slavery. Bad news, there is 1 nation, The Grand Duchy of Vorona (http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=56) has the slave trade and slavery legal.

I would like all nations to join the treaty to embargo Vorona. (http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3794) I believe that we as leaders have the ability to help the world and if we do not use it we are a s bad as there enablers, and I believe that we can do what is right and help these people who are currently enslaved.

Thank you and have a great day.
Horrell

Re: General Assembly

Postby Axxell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Horrell wrote:Gavin Kramer, President of Baltusia
Fellow leaders of Terra,
I am making a visit here today because I have found something that needs the world attention, we have some good news and bad news. The good news, Almost all nations have banned slavery. Bad news, there is 1 nation, The Grand Duchy of Vorona (http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=56) has the slave trade and slavery legal.

I would like all nations to join the treaty to embargo Vorona. (http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3794) I believe that we as leaders have the ability to help the world and if we do not use it we are a s bad as there enablers, and I believe that we can do what is right and help these people who are currently enslaved.

Thank you and have a great day.

President Kramer,
we thank you to bring this scandalous situation to the attention of the World Congress. Istalia obviously is ready to support this embargo, but we would like know who established the slavery? The current government did it? Has Baltusia tried to comunicate with the Vorona's Government? It seems that the new Government (and only party) contested the first elections only few years ago. Maybe we can try to establish a contact with the new Government, maybe discovdring that they are peo abolition.
The World Congress could cantact Vorona, maybe.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Horrell » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Gavin Kramer President of Baltusia
Axxell wrote:Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

President Kramer,
we thank you to bring this scandalous situation to the attention of the World Congress. Istalia obviously is ready to support this embargo, but we would like know who established the slavery? The current government did it? Has Baltusia tried to comunicate with the Vorona's Government? It seems that the new Government (and only party) contested the first elections only few years ago. Maybe we can try to establish a contact with the new Government, maybe discovdring that they are peo abolition.
The World Congress could contact Vorona, maybe.

Mrs. Pellegrini
I have attempted to contact the government of Vorona and have gotten no response. The current regime has been in power seance June 4232, more than enough time to ban slavery. As for when it was legalize, I can not tell you that, but I can tell you this, they seem apathetic to change that law. We need to fix this if we can, we need to try to fix this.

Thank you and have a great day.[/quote]
Horrell

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Pramila Pyakuryal, Secretary-General of the Human Rights Foundation:
Needless to say, the Human Rights Foundation is extremely grateful that the Baltusian President has decided to pursue dealing with slavery in Vorona. Perhaps his government could raise the issue within the Security Council (to which, I congratulate them for being elected once again) and consider drafting a resolution surrounding the issue?

On a similar note, I am thankful to see that the totalitarian and human rights-abusing regime in Beiteynu has been democratically removed at last. I would like to urge the new government to begin immediately repealing and reforming the legislation which currently sees the nation consistently ranked as one of the worst in Terra on the issue of human rights.
jamescfm

Postby Maxington » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 pm

A statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu.

The response adopted by the security council in the proposal of an international condemnation of the Yeudish Republic is non-nonsensical and was done with no sense of timing. The current government is currently overhauling the political structure of the republic meaning that the Knesset has been formally dissolved under permission from the President. The government is currently in a phase of both constitutional and administrative reform and has no time to deal with other matters. We recognize that the response mounted by the Secuirty Council was made out of the previous policies set by the previous administration, nevertheless, it lacks a sense of timing. As stated in a letter to the Luthorian Foreign Minister, President Reinhartz said: As previously stated, change will be coming to Beiteynu. Our stance on that specific matter will be unveiled once we have re-organised our political structure and reformed the Knesset. Until then i cannot confirm, deny nor elaborate on the government's position on certain matters. Prime Minister Dienesman has not commented on that specific matter thus i will maintain a degree of silence with respect to that until further notice. We see this call for an international condemnation of the Yeudish Republic as vexatious and frivolous. We call on the international community to give the Yeudish Republic time to reorganize itself. I am displeased with the decision taken by the Security Council, specifically by the Luthorian representative.

Naftali Dreyfuss
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Cirith » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 pm

James Stinson, Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party via video link;

May I start by thanking President Kramer for raising this important and vital issue. Vigilance by members is vital in the fight against this crime against humanity.

Ambassador Pellegrini, the slave trade has been alive in Beiteynu since 4204 and in Vorona since 4227. To the people of those nations we have failed for 32 years and 9 years respectively, I am sorry.

Secretary-General Pyakuryal, we share your hopes for Beiteynu but of course the Foundation is not an officially recognised body, and nor are the Reports you publish on nations with unknown parameters. The Security Council has been presented a full Resolution for debate on this matter.

Minister Dreyfuss' statement claims the Beiteynu Government is currently in a phase of both constitutional and administrative reform and has no time to deal with other matters, but I put it to you all that if a Government has no time to deal with legalised slavery and the punishment of their own people through said slavery, then they do not deserve to govern at all.

I did indeed reach out to the President, who responded as the Minister claims, but when I pushed for a response or personal position from the President, I was met with abrupt hostility when President Reinhartz wrote, 'As previously stated, I will not comment any further on this matter.' Signing off with, ' End of discussion sir.' Unfortunately, I did not believe this meant any immediate action to resolve a crime against humanity and an attack on the people of Beiteynu was coming any time soon.

I therefore permitted the Luthori Ambassador to proceed with the Resolution originally written for Vorona, to condemn the admittance of all slavery and the slave trade within the Grand Duchy.

Colleagues, make no mistake, the World Congress has abandoned the people of Beiteynu and Vorona for too long, we must rectify it, and if the Government of said nations will not, the World Congress must act. Otherwise, what is the point of it?
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby Mbites » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am

Cedrik II von Thaller, President of Narikaton, Statement released by the presidents office

The only attack on humanity is the attack on the sovereignity of the laws and legislative agenda of Beiteynu. It is clear to me that the Luthori Foreign Minister only tries to gain more influence on a world-wide scale. This is not about human rights, it is about Luthorian Imperialism. They are the only one enslaving people out of pure malevolence! They enslave the politicians of other nations! The government of Beiteynu handles the situation correctly, and with respect towards democratic traditions. We should condemn the Luthorian influence on domestic issues of Beiteynu. Attacks of the luthorian menace have to be stopped! Once and for all, my ancestors did good to remove your people from my country!
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Aethan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:39 am

Cynthia Amphion, Selucian Ambassador
May I ask for a dictionary for some representants here? I would want to look for the meaning of "Democratic", as it seems some representants have some mispelling problems. A democratic tradition is electing your governants, is allowing other people to go to other nations... not what Beiteynu is doing.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:42 pm

Pramila Pyakuryal, Secretary-General of the Human Rights Foundation:
Beiteynu is a nation which has practised ethnic cleansing, which discriminates extensively against women in all areas of public life and which permits slavery to exist. How is democracy the issue here? The focus should be on the human rights of the country's citizens.
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Estimated representatives of the Nations of Terra,
first of all, let me respond to Mr Stinson: with all the respect for Luthori, in the last two decades my Nation, in case you haven't noticed, was a "little"
occupied to try to arrest the expansion of the larger Nation of the world and to defend all Majatra from the menace of the totalitarism and of imperialistic hegemonies. We don't accept sermons on this, like if we voluntary ignored such a situation in Vorona, or about Beiteynu, because you should known that Istalia for more than a century committed itself in embargos and international campaign against Beiteynu and that since Istalia became members of this organization and of its Security Council, we always committed ourself to denunce and to fight such horrible violations. I think that if you dare to reprove us for our "inattention", you should reprove all the Nations of Terra that since 4204 didn't notice these situation.

Said that, could some here explain me why Istalia or Baltusia should not have the right to reprove and act against Beiteynu or Vorona? Or, rather, what right have the Governments of Vorona and Beiteynu to enslaved some people? It is not the nationality nor some borders to definite what is a human being and what right it has. And for the President of Narikaton, have you any idea of the difference between the slavery and, if it exist, a political foreign influence?
And I think that Narikaton is another nation that should explain many things, for example: where did all the narikaton's citizens of luthorian origins? Who were your ancestors to exterminate other people? Narikaton and the Thaller's should be the last one to take the word talking about human atrocities!
We are sick by this excuse of the "national sovereign" used instead to cover any kind of atrocities! Very sick! And maybe we should accord one thing to the Luthorian Ambassador: this organization present serious problems which in effect immobilize seriously itself. We demand to this institution to rethink seriously about its role and especially about its committement to defend the human life and dignity. What want to be the WC? A sterile brothel where talk talk talk without any solutions or it want become a real protagonist of this world, ready to take also the necessary measures, real measures, to punish the violation of human rights and the Governments which use the international diplomacy only as a screen to conceal their atrocities?
A democracy is not only a Parliament and some elections, a Democracy is not the will of the majority, a democracy is first of all the respect of the minorities, the possibility for them to express theimself as human being and their opinion without fear of ritorsion or persecution. This is a Democracy! And any nation that in some way persecute part of its citizens or in general any human being for their opinions, race, religion, sex, etc... they are not Democracy! And finally, Mr Taller, before to accuse, could you bring to the attention of the WC some evidence about your allegations? Or to talk are your convintions and your xenophobic attidute, the same that caused an horrible genocide for which nobody pay until now? You should be ashamed only to talk with a luthorian for what you did to their ethnicity!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Next

Return to Sessions Archive