Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Great Indralan Gazette

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Xuan Shuren Stops In Hanzhou, Campaigns For Technical Education
Chancellor wants to see more children choose the construction and engineering sectors when they enter post-secondary

Chancellor Xuan fits a helmet to a child

May 14, 4281
[HANZHOU, SHU]: Xuan Shuren made a campaign stop in his party’s homeland of Shu province to promote his platform and show off his party’s learn to work program – an educational program that has entered primary schools across the country with the intention of exposing children to technical and manual labour so they gain an appreciation for much needed jobs in a country with a skilled labour shortage for important infrastructure projects – specifically the modernization of ports and harbours across the country that the Republicans initiated early in their mandate.

Chancellor Xuan Shuren had this to say:
Our children are the future of this country. Let us teach them the hard-earned lessons of manual labour. Our party was born from a collection of hard working farmers and tradesmen. We must continue the hard-working tradition of Indrala’s mothers and fathers.

He went on to say…
Children, the youth, the bright eyed- they are like sponges. We teach and they soak it up. Never, since the day my children were born, have I stared so intensely into the eyes of children as I did today. They want to build this country when they are older. They want to be as smart as can be. That’s what separates our country from the rest – we have intelligent and dignified labourers. Most of our tradesmen and women could compete for CEO jobs in other countries! Want to know why? Look beneath your feet. Look at the children.

The children were quiet and somewhat excited, however we interviewed tiny Ming Zi and he had some choice words about the way his helmet was fitting…
It’s stuck! I always here my sister screaming this at home… I wish the chancellor would find me a new helmet.

We asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up:
Maybe a dragon, or an acrobat. Not sure. I love it all.

More to come…
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by The Republican Party of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Lotus Party Taps Celebrity Supporters for Massive Campaign Launch
The Lotus Party utilized a number of high-figure supporters to hold a fundraising concert to launch their December 4282 Election Campaign
Tian'an, Han - 16 May 4281
Lotus Party Campaign Ad

The Lotus Party held their campaign launch at the Tian'an Stadium yesterday, attracting over 30,000 party supporters in person, and millions of viewers online and on TBS and KBS who carried the event. The concert was three hours long, with performances from female vocalists Coco Feng and Tang Chen; actor Wang Mingyu; boy-band WoWo and of course, Huang Zitao's son Yao.
Top to bottom: Coco Feng; Tang Cheng; Huang Zitao in the audience; Yao
Huang took the stage around 12:05 am where he officially launched his campaign for Chancellor of the State of Indrala:
Today I am standing before you, the nearly 100 million people of Indrala, not as a single person , but as a team of committed Indralans with a common vision: to work together to make our nation, and our world, an even greater place to live. As long as we do not give up our hope and our ideals, no measure of difficulty will be able to unravel the basic fabric and strength of Indrala, or shake our determination in striving for a better future. I implore you, do not stop dreaming until your dream comes true.

Huang's speech also touched on the need to protect labour rights, student's issues and the protection of publicly owned entities among others. He is expected to elaborate within the coming weeks of the campaign.

Today, Party Spokesperson Xi Longwei held a press conference at 10:00 am to discuss the state of the race, as Huang Zitao flys to Taixi for his first campaign stop. Selected interactions are written below:

Q: Chancellor Xuan spoke to media on the fifth, where he described Mr. Huang as "beautiful" but "delicate", unable to lead the nation. What is your response?
We take exception to the Chancellor's remarks. Mr. Huang served in the Special Forces for four years, before taking part in brutally-suppressed demonstrations against the RC/Pua dictatorship. Mr. Huang is anything but "delicate" and has fought his whole life, in one respect or another, for Indrala.

Q: The Chancellor also mentioned plans for educational reform and agricultural subsidies, where does the Lotus Party stand?
Our party, has been putting forward legislation for nearly two decades to improve the lives of students and farmers. Any attempts at radically lowering tuition have been blocked by the Republicans and the Nationalists. Any attempts at providing subsidies for our farmers have faired the same. We have fought for these reforms throughout our history,
not just during election season.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Nationalist Party Barred from Elections
Prosecution Service investigation into Song Yi's death finds another culprit: The Nationalist Party of Indrala
Tian'an, Han - 25-26 May 4281
Left: The Prosecution Service raids the headquarters of the Nationalist Party; Right: The Prosecution Service raids the home of former-Chancellor Feng Xinyue

25 May 2581, 9:34 am: Attorney General Xu Jindong of the Supreme Prosecution Service (under the Ministry of Justice), makes an announcement to the media:
At approximately 12:50 am this morning, investigators from SPS raided the headquarters of the Nationalist Party, located in downtown Tian'an. Very few party staff were expected to be in the office at this time: 40 staff members were in the building at the time of the raid. As officials began the raid, some individuals on the sixth and fourteenth floors began shredding documents and smashing hard-drives. These thirteen individuals have been arrested for obstruction of a criminal investigation. Charges have not yet been laid. At 1:10 am, power was cut to the Party's electronic database, though this had very minimal impact on the data stored. Officers seized crates of documents, computers and other electronics, which will be examined in the coming week.

At 4:50 am, investigators raided the home of former-Chancellor Feng Xinyue. A device was used to bypass the keypad on the front gate of her home. Feng Xinyue was awake and drinking tea in her living room when investigators entered her home. All staff at the residence were instructed to stay in the living room as investigators gathered documents and hard-drives. Feng Xinyue has been placed under house arrest.

This investigation has been ongoing for the past four years. Following evidence provided to the SPS by a whistleblower in the Party and by two members of the Republican Party's defunct "Agro-Alliance" in exchange for immunity, the Supreme Prosecution Service made the decision to substantiate documents which it had gained through leaks by raiding the headquarters.

Today I am here to announce that the SPS will be moving forward with criminal charges against 20 individuals associated with the Nationalist Party including former-Chancellor Feng Xinyue and former-Minister for Finance Luo Bo for conspiracy to commit murder and treason, one count of terrorism resulting in death, and three counts of committing a terrorist act.

We have learned from our investigation that the assassination of Republican Party Leader Song Yi goes beyond members of her own party and Chen Ruogang. The Nationalist Party, in an effort to sway public opinion toward their proposed return to monarchy and demonize the opposition, organized and carried out the May 4274 acid bombings. Deeming this as insufficient, the Nationalist Party Leadership provided funding and contacts to the Agro-Alliance after it became clear that they were planning the assassination of Song Yi. One of the hitmen reports speaking directly to Feng Xinyue over the phone on the day of the assassination, and being ordered to "keep it clean." These details are all I can share at this moment as the SPS prepares its case. We are very confident that this case will receive guilty verdicts against all 20 individuals charged.

The Nationalist Party will also henceforth be known to police and prosecutors as a criminal organization. We have passed forward this information to the National Electoral Commission.

The case will be prosecuted by Supreme Prosecution Service Prosecutor Yi Guangli. We have no further comments at this time.

The Attorney General did not respond to questions.

25 May 2581, 1:30 pm: Deputy-Minister Sun Zexi of the National Electoral Commission (under the Ministry of Internal Affairs) issues a press release:
... Due to the criminal charges leveled against the Nationalist Party and its leadership, and in recognition of its status as a criminal organization, the party will be barred indefinitely from participating in elections at every level of government in Indrala.

26 May 2581, 2:00 pm: Former-Chancellor Feng Xinyue is brought before a judge to enter her plea to the court. She pleads guilty to all charges and delivers a short remark:
I realise now the harm I've caused to the party and the people. I plead guilty and I regret my crimes. I now understand the grave sin I have committed. I plan to spend the rest of my days trying to repent for what I have done. I am sorry.

Feng speaking to the courtroom

OOC: This event has been consented to by all players involved.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Paid for by the Republican Party of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Republicans Capture 351 Seats In Commanding Election Victory
After years of political instability, Indralans vote for majority government, and a second term for chancellor Xuan Shuren

Xuan Shuren waves to supporters as he gets ready to leave Republican party headquarters in Hanzhou and head to Tian’an to be sworn in as chancellor

April 8, 4282
[TIAN’AN, HAN]: Cheers filled Republican Party HQ Monday night as Xuan Shuren was elected Chancellor for the second time and the Republicans gained a sizeable majority over the opposition Lotus Party. The election came prematurely amid the Ruogang Confessions that saw the majority of Nationalist Party loyalists convicted of murder, and subsequently the party becoming banned from ever running for public office again. The Republicans wanted a mandate from the people of Indrala to enact radical economic and social reforms. The only challenge left for this party, having risen from rural Shu Province to a majority government in Tian’an, is to govern with conviction and honesty.

Speculation
Some Republicans, while they may be happy with the election results, are disappointed with their leader, whom they call “the boring man.” Xuan Shuren has never been the pragmatic type, however his family values and bold policy ideas have captured the electorate in a way that Lotus Party leader Huang Zitao has yet to do. Speculation from within the party suggests that even if this isn’t the last majority Republican government, it may be Xuan Shuren’s last chancellery.

“A new form of government”
Several cabinet ministers joined Xuan Shuren on stage at the Republican party HQ, promising to offer Indralans a “new form of government” that would be “honest” and “caring.” Foreign Affairs minister Mao Zhihao has again reaffirmed his commitment to Indrala’s foreign relations, as well as recently promising to use Indrala’s political, social and economic freedom to influence countries at the International Security Council.

New face to the crowd
Among the cabinet ministers was newcomer Zhang Zemin, the new Defence Minister and former military general (he also was president of the Indralan Farmer’s Cooperative from 4262-4270). Zhang has promised to strengthen the military through investment; specifically, the navy, which Zhang claims “is our nation’s only pathway to oceanic security and success.” It has yet to be seen what measures or investments the government will take on this matter, but like most things, only time shall tell.

More to come…
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Investigative Report: Xiandai Group Funnels Over $1 Million to Republican Party Before Election Through Loophole
Utlilizing changes to the fundraising laws, the Xiandai Group funded donations through individual workers
Hazhou, Shu - 24 April 4282

Xiandai's new CEO Wang Tengfei

As son of former CEO Wang Yueting, Wang Tengfei was elected CEO of the Xiandai Group, the company was making news in another way. Reports have been confirmed by the Tian'an-based Sunday Examiner that the Xiandai Group was asking employees to make the maximum donation to the Republican Party each month. Following proof of the donation, Xiandai would reimburse employees and pay them an additional $100 INS per month as an incentive. It is estimated that around 5000 employees, mostly corporate, utilized this initiative since the changes were passed in March 4281, although the current legislation does not make it mandatory to release donor lists.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Following Election Defeat, Huang Asked to Remain Leader By Party
Though the Lotus Party gained 61 seats, they still fell short of forming a majority government
Kaizhou, Jiaozhi - 30 April 4282
Huang Zitao speaking to Convention following Leadership Review

Despite a defeat in the 4281 General Election, Lotus Party National Convention delegates voted overwhelmingly today to reject a leadership review and allow Huang Zitao to continue his leadership of the party. At every Lotus Party National Convention, the constitution of the Party declares that there must be a vote on the question "Should the party conduct an election to select a new Leader?" If the "yes" vote achieves more than 60% a leadership election is triggered. Today, delegates voted 92% no, indicating strong confidence in the Leadership of Huang Zitao by the party faithful. Speaking to the delegates following the vote, Huang said:
Thank you all for putting your faith in me to lead our movement...

...Together, we must continue to reject the sort of politics which allowed the Nationalist-Republican government to legalize child labour, privatize our healthcare system and abolish the corporate taxation regime. *booing* We must put forward our bold, progressive vision of an even greater Indrala; a place brimming with vigour and vibrancy; a place where young people are able to see a future for themselves; a place where they wish to raise a family and a place where their hard work would be duly rewarded...

...Friends, Election Day is just now just four years away, and we now have an opportunity to rebuild trust, to unify our nation and to rekindle hope, especially for our young people. But there is much hard work to do. Are you up for it? *cheering* Are you? *cheering* Then, let's roll up our sleeves, and let's not stop until the job is done! Thank you!

Kaizhou Convention and Exhibition Centre, lit with the Party's colour for the convention
Last edited by Wu Han on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 am

Lotus Party Leader Blasts Republican Government; Invites Members to Cross The Floor
Lotus Party Leader Huang Zitao blasts what he calls "an inept government"
Tian'an, Han - 1 December 4282
Huang Zitao giving a heated and combative press briefing in the halls of the National Conference

Following debate on the Republican Defence Act today in the National Conference, Lotus Party leader charged out the doors and into the media fray. Speaking about the act, Huang said:
This truly is a disgusting piece of legislation. It makes my skin crawl. It harks back to the days of the RC/Pua regime, when I marched alongside young student activists who had their toenails ripped out the night before. Our party fought hard during our decade in government to outlaw mass-casualty arms such as nuclear and biochemical weapons, and it's incredibly disappointing to see the government taking a step back from this progress. All Terrans deserve to live in a world free from these monstrous weapons. Further, that the government is moving away from practically every other nation in the world by stripping away the rights of prisoners of war is an affront to Indrala's reputation as a beacon of respect for human rights. This government has lost all sense of morality.

Asked about the Xiandai campaign contribution scandal, which first broke the news in April, Huang said:
Again, no morality, no ethics from this Republican government. It's hardly surprising, but nonetheless, it's extremely disappointing that the Republican Party and their millionaire and billionaire buddies have found a way to slip around the law. We will be committed to ensuring that this does not happen again in the future.

When asked about reports from within the Republican Party following the election about the possible ousting of Party leader and Chancellor Xuan Shuren, Huang said:
I mean, could you blame them? When your major political achievements include stripping away access to healthcare to millions of Indralans, breaking down our commitment to human rights and passing endless treaties which only our nation participates in, it's clear that this government and this Chancellor are inept at their jobs. It would be a shame if someone else were to apply... *chuckles from media* ... but seriously, I would like to send a message to our friends across the aisle: if you're serious about fighting for a better future for our country, join us, and let's get the job done. Alright, that's all for now. Thanks, everybody.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Republican Party President Resigns, Party Base Enraged At Chancellor
Amid the Xiandai scandal revelations, Republican grassroots members try to seize their party back

Xuan Schuren and Republican party president Liao My on election night 4281

April 7, 4283
[HANZHOU, SHU]: Republican Party President Liao My was forced to resign after the membership of the party voted to kick her and seven other officials out of the party leadership at the Republican Conference 4273. Xuan Shuren was absent from the conference as he was “busy tending to the needs of Indralans”, however the party’s membership still passed a resolution to hold a confidence vote on his leadership of the party prematurely. They will now set their sights on a leadership vote next year, just as the two term Republican Chancellor is about to ramp up his government’s agenda in the National Conference.

Many saw it coming
Many spectators see this as something that should have happened a long time ago, given the lack of leadership displayed by Xuan Shuren and others in the party – especially after the party took a sharp turn to the right on many issues such as healthcare, something party members know Song Yi would have never stood for. We interviewed some party members to gauge their response:

Lei Cheng:
Those b******* have some nerve tearing our party apart

Gong Heng:
F*** them.

Distressed and now convicted former leader of the Agro Alliance faction Chen R. Ruogang

My, oh My
Liao My was a former member of the Agro Alliance before the alliance became militant at the command of Chen Ruogang. She was one of the few remaining Agro-Alliancers that managed to survive the purge of all Agros after the Ruogang Confessions came to light. Liao My claimed to be loyal to Song Yi and that she was never a member of the Alliance once it became militant. Despite this, her over reaching desire for power and control has forced the party to abandon her and leave her to wilt on the streets of rural Shu Province. Furthermore, the party has allegedly spent over $6000 INS on Liao My's unconfirmed but widely reported male escort fix - which is what many are pointing towards as the reason Xiandai funnelled so much money to the Republicans. Word on the street now points to a collapse of the Republican Party’s manifesto and structure, even though their new found direction is what got them elected. Only time will tell what the fate of Xuan Shuren and the Republicans may be.

More to come…
TreeHugger

PreviousNext

Return to National News