13th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

13th General Assembly Session

Postby cm9777 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 13th General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4297 to 4311.

Written Statement by General Dietrich Hohenstein- the Current Dictator of Ostland. Read Aloud by Ostlandian Delegate Michael Schwarz

Members of the assembly, I regret that I am not able to attend this chamber and say these words myself but we are all busy dealing with the crisis before us. My actions in taking over the Government of Ostland were in the interests of my people. We need all the help we can get and Hulstria had offered us this help which the state council rejected. They were willing to let millions more succumb to the plague in the name of pride. I admit this was a difficult decision to make but I knew what had to be done. This World Congress has been too slow to deliver any assistance and millions have already died. We're doing what we have to do to survive, I hope you understand this. Frankly whether you praise or condemn us is not a concern to me as your inaction speaks for itself. I give my full assurances that once this crisis is over, I will resign from my position and let the people decide their leaders.
cm9777

Re: General Assembly

Postby Arapaima13 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:02 pm

Omer Halilovic, Foreign Minister of Kalopia

The words of General Hohenstein are quite rightly spoken, and Kalopi-Siphina condemns the Security Council for failing to pass through their Resolution 46 to combat the disease. Quite simply put, were this crisis to occur in Istalia, or Indrala, or Dorvik, or Hutori - the big four nations whose choices, the rest of Terra relies on, the Wolfsheim Disease would not just be stopped, but destroyed. However, because it has happened to vulnerable people on the other side of the world, they think we can neglect it. The government of Kalopi-Siphina is looking into ways it can introduce a temporary budget that allows for us to send over medics and money to help the people of not just Ostland, but the whole Third World. We understand that, through our position as a small economic nation, this will not eradicate Wolfsheim, but were it to help prevent one Ostlandian catching this vile disease, we would have already achieved more than the Security Council.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Corvo Attano » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Hem, Malivia protests and condemns the unlawful and unjustified invasion of Ostland by Hulstria. This message came to you by the most blunt bureaucrat in the whole Malivian state. So yeah I am gonna call bullshit on the Hulstria state doing this driven by the goodness in them. Racist fucks that they are but since the alternative is complete lawlessness and we have experts working on a vaccine there...
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Deltarian World Congress Representative Viktor Jakab

We've been made aware of an armed incursion in Barmenia. Our intelligence services are happy to assist in finding the party responsible.
cm9777

Postby Phil Piratin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 am

Anton Weinreich, General Secretary of the Dorvish Communist Party:

I would like invite the General Secretary of the World Congress, the honourable Luděk Mareš, and also all interested observers, to reflect on the words recently spoken in the Security Council by Ada von Hertz, the Dorvish Ambassador to the World Congress.

Along with many, many others in Dorvik and elsewhere, I find it deeply unfortunate that the Dorvish Ambassador, who is meant to steer clear from Dorvish partisan politics, used the Security Council as a platform from which to severely misrepresent and malign the Dorvish Communist Party, and also to publicly invite the governments of the world to explicitly intervene in Dorvik's election by urging the Dorvish people not to vote for the left.

These comments came at a sensitive moment in Dorvik, right in the middle of our election campaign. Regrettably, some governments did take up the invitation to intervene on behalf of the right-wing parties in Dorvik, including the government of Valruzia.

We protest that this behaviour was highly inappropriate, and that in particular, the Dorvish Ambassador used the Security Council in a purely opportunistic and politically-motivated way, and thus failed to treat that august body with the dignity and seriousness it deserves. To hold a position on the Security Council is a real privilege and also a great responsibility. As a Dorvish citizen, I am ashamed that the person representing Dorvik at the Security Council has used that position not to advance the interests of the millions of poor and suffering all over Terra, but in order to pursue selfish objectives related purely to narrow domestic politics.

May I add, finally, that a lot of misconceptions abound about communists in general, and the Dorvish Communist Party in particular. So please let me affirm that we are fully committed to democracy and civil liberties, and we are also fundamentally committed to world peace and to the principles of the World Congress. I am confident that any review of our recent history and our voting record in the Dorvish Staatsrat will demonstrate this to anybody who is concerned. Please allow me to assure you: the World Congress and the peoples of Terra have nothing to fear from the prospect of a government of the left coming to power in Dorvik.
Phil Piratin

Postby Pragma » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:38 am

Ada von Hertz, Dorvish Ambassador

For a second time, the Dorvish Communist Party has uprooted the foundations of democracy by acting like the government and going to the international community presenting themselves to be the government. This is why I warn against them. They have threatened democracy.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:48 am

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Ms Ada I would like to congratulate you. Your contineued spat with the communist party of Dorvik has reached the ears of the Fatherland Front. Be assured we will do our best to fund them illegally. I mean to condemn them. Yes condemn.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Arapaima13 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 am

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

May I bring a matter of deep concern in front of the World Congress. In Solentia, the party known as Liberty Dawn have clinched power, and are almost irrevocably on course for war against our nation, describing us as "barbs" (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7182&start=560#p123444). Further to that, their new Defence Minister said in the run up to the election, and I quote: "And when the savage barbs come to our country – we fire [cruise missiles] at their houses back home – gotta take out their families, that's our first priority. It's logical, because then they won't have anything to fight for any longer so they go home." (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7182&start=560#p123755)

Their plan to build a wall is an act of war, and a serious breach of international law. I would have all nations condemn this, and would request military support were they to pursue their obvious long-term goal of invading Kalopi-Siphina.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby stuntmonkey » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to World Congress:

Our government is pleased to see that, finally, the Security Council looks set to pass Resolution 46 and provide help to those suffering from the Wolfsheim virus.

However, we must remind delegates that since being invited into Ostland by General Hohenstein, we are now in de facto control of this nation and our policy of segregation and burning settlements to contain the plague is working well. Therefore, any humanitarian mission this organisation plans must be given approval by my government and all aid and personnel will be channelled through Hulstria.

I am sure you will understand that this level of protocol is required to enable us to co-ordinate our actions.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

General Assembly Session XIII (4297-4311)

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Anna Strauss, President of Dorvik, in a statement spoken aloud by Ada von Hertz:

Greetings members of the World Congress.

We must condemn the Hulstrian government’s policy of segregation and settlement burning. We must also condemn their lack of co-operation with the international community, and we feel an independent form of humanitarian aid must be used. I will seriously reconsider Nuclear Protection for Hulstria in the wake of how they have treated this crisis and I encourage all nations to consider taking refugees from the region, as we are discussing in Dorvik.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Next

Return to Sessions Archive