OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

World events, conflicts, conferences and visits from all over.

OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:16 am

OOC - Hey everyone. I thought I'd set up an OOC thread to try to pull together all the various plot lines regarding the ongoing conflict and the Security Council nations and its allies.

As those who have been following this will know, it has drawn in a number of nations and players from Hulstria, Istalia, Hutori, Dorvik, Malivia, Sekowo, Kazulia, Indrala, Dankuk, Baltusia, New Endralon, Vanuku and others.

War is in the air and I suggest all nations wishing to be involved look to draft a RP bill in line with game rule 23.1 - which require 2/3rds of all players with seats (and 50 per cent of the seats in the legislature) in your nation to approve it. In order to do that we have to have a desired outcome for this RP.

My hope for this RP is that whatever its outcome it will lead to an expansion of the plague crisis or RP regarding the plague, which has been successful up to this point.

Timeline of Events so far (up to December 19 2017 - game time March 4320).

1) Wolfsheim Bacterial virus ravages third world - 100 million dead - the epicentre is the underdeveloped nation of Ostland (capital Wolfsheim), which borders developed nations of Hulstria, Sekowo and Kazulia.

See map of third world here (with Ostland located about two thirds of the way up on the centre left):

2) Totalitarian Hulstria declares it will enter Ostland to contain the spread of the plague (and potentially to achieve strategic ambitions).

3) After some resistance a military coup takes place in Ostland, led by Dundorfian suprematists, and Hulstria is invited in - begins policy of burning settlements to contain plague etc.

4) Meanwhile, the Security Council votes to send a world health mission to Ostland (Resolution 46) and to offer support and medicines to combat the plague.

5) Hulstria refuses Security Council entry, claiming it has the situation under control and closes the borders. The Security Council then passes Resolution 47 to allow it to send armed forces to Ostland to protect the mission - nations such as Istalia, Hutori, Dorvik, Baltusia and Malivia all pledge support. SC then proposes Resolution 48 to condemn Hulstria.

6) Situation escalates and following plenty of hawkish rhetoric both Hutorian and Istalian fleets set sail for Hulstria to set up naval blockade. Other nations such as Kazulia and Sekowo are approached in an attempt to draw them in on either side.

7) With conflict looking imminent the plague is detected in Istalia and then in other developed countries - Malivia and Valruzia etc - causing worldwide panic. Many countries and corporations work around the clock to develop a vaccine, both individually and collectively. Military action put on hold as nations look to combat the disease spread instead.

8) Hulstria claims to have valuable knowledge of the disease and says it will share with world community if all sanctions lifted. But Istalia discovers that plague is now rife in Hulstria and that the country may have irresponsibly (or deliberately) allowed it to spread to rest of developed world.

9) Situation is further complicated when Hulstria signs a defensive pact with Vanuku - one of the world's great military and economic powers.

10) Resolution 49 is proposed by the Security Council to set up an international health authority to co-ordinate action on the plague and bring together research from initiatives such as Fort Hawkins (Hutori), Burgmuller Pharmaceuticals (Baltusia), Cancon Corp, Kazulia and Malivian government projects.

11) With sanctions taking a grip Hulstria agrees to compromise and allow in world community to Ostland to research the disease. Punitive resolutions are suspended.

12) After years of research, vaccines are developed by Malivia, Hutori-led Fort Brett Hawkins, Cancon Corp, Burgmuller Pharmaceuticals and Hyperion. Many countries receive vaccines or data on how to produce them and start to stem the spread of the disease.

13) World Congress Humanitarian Mission invited into Ostland under supervision of Hulstrian Army to deliver health care and aid and to supply vaccines.

14) Hulstria does not live up to its promises of more moderate policies and begins a harsher clamp down on communists. After an aborted attempt to invade New Verham by Hulstria, Istalia pulls out its humanitarian personnel from Ostland.

15) As communist and Septembrist uprisings spring up in Hulstria, the Istalian delegation to the World Congress reveals shocking attrocities carried out by the Hulstrian regime in an attempt to ethnically cleanse the region of Gao-Showan ethnics. The Istalians then send an ultimatum to Hulstria - leave Ostland in three months or prepare for the consequences.

16) Security Council Members draft Resolution 50, and resolve to send a huge military coalition task force into the region to liberate Ostland and use military force to bring about a regime change in Hulstria.

17) Following a leadership battle in which Hulstrian Chancellor Leopold Nimitz narrowly hangs on to power, a multi-national task force launches co-ordinated land, sea and air operations, sinking the Hulstrian naval fleet, gaining air superiority and invading Crowlands territory in the north and west. A large Hulstrian counter-attack in Ostland is also blunted as the coalition advances and Septembrist and communist forces go on the offensive.

18) Ostland falls to the coalition and Hulstrian forces withdraw to a defensive line in the Crownlands - nicknamed the ring of steel. Nimitz declares that surrender is not an option and forces through more draconian laws following his reconfirmation as leader. The Coalition prepares itself for an all-out attack on the defensive line.

19) A multi-front assault called Operation Pegasus is launched by the coalition punching holes into the Hulstrian defensive lines. With their position compromised the Imperial army falls back to defend the capital Karstadt and every man, woman and child is ordered to take up arms against the enemy.

20) With Coalition forces advancing on the capital and ready for a last bloody assault, Leopold Nimitz is taken seriously ill. Officially it is declared a seizure but some rumours are abound that he tried to commit suicide. Leaderless, the party votes on ending the war and agrees to unconditional surrender to save further bloodshed.

21) Victorious coalition forces and factions gather in the restored capital Kien for a conference on the future of Hulstria and Gao-Soto.
- - - - - -

So, that is the situation so far, this is how we propose for the RP to develop:

Stage One - As the Security Council and its allies establish resolutions to condemn and combat Hulstria's aggression, the plague spreads to the developed world - affecting nations such as Istalia and then others. Players are encouraged to get involved with news of how the plague has spread to their country or how they are taking action to prevent its spread i.e sealing borders, quarantines etc or how they are working to develop vaccines. While this is happening military action is on hold

Stage Two - Once an effective vaccine, or some way to stave off the virus has been developed by the world community, it is planed that a security council-led coalition will enter the third world nation of Ostland to 'liberate' it from occupation by Hulstria and deliver aid to the country. Security Council Resolutions 46, 47 and 48, 49, and 50 all link to this, so it would be good to read them for any player looking to get involved in the military action.

Stage Three - The consensus is that following a couple of news events, which I will drop into the action, the security council will feel justified in entering Hulstria and trying to force regime change.
Once invasion of Hulstria happens, we agree it will be like western coalition v Iraq style scenario. The end game is that a new democracy-friendly government is installed.
Last edited by stuntmonkey on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 20 times in total.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Re: OOC - Hulstro-Internatonal Community Conflict

Postby Aethan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am

OOC: Thanks for the topic because I was a bit lost, to be honest :oops:
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Re: OOC - Hulstro-Internatonal Community Conflict

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 am

OOC: Yep, its a bit of a maze! but in a nutshell:

1) Wolfsheim Bacterial virus ravages third world - 80 million dead - including the underdeveloped nation of Ostland, which borders Hulstria.

2) Totalitarian Hulstria declares it will enter Ostland to contain the spread of the plague (and potentially to achieve strategic ambitions).

3) After some resistance a military coup takes place in Ostland and Hulstria is invited in - begins policy of burning settlements to contain plague etc.

4) Meanwhile, the Security Council votes to send a world health mission to Ostland to offer support and medicines and condemns Hulstrian actions.

5) Hulstria refuses Security Council entry saying it has the situation under control and closes the borders. Situation escalates and following plenty of hawkish rhetoric both Hutorian and Istalian fleets set sail for Hulstria. Other nations such as Kazulia and Sekowo are approached in an attempt to draw them in on either side.

6) Dorvik, Hulstria's erstwhile ally of sorts - threatens Hulstria with nuclear attack. This prompts Hulstria to try to reach a compromise and calls for a conference.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Re: OOC - Hulstro-International Community Conflict

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:14 pm

OOC Personally I am all in for a intervention if just to solidify that Malivia has become a major world player (though I am rather sure the most major contribution of Malivia to this RP will be us making a vaccine for the disease). I am planning to send a single marine division plus some elements from the Long Range supply division (for obvious reasons) if we go down this road.

Now I am very much in favor of RP about the plague but I really would like to know how I should proceed with this because Malivia and New Endralon are the only who have done any serious RP concerning the disease. My RP has gone as far as to prove that yes the disease can be weakened or killed to be used for inoculation.

So the question is how far and how fast should the cure be completed and delivered?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Axxell » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm totally in! I hope we will can make it rain some good old fire on Karlstadt! :D

But for the moment, I think that soon we should RP the arrival of the Bacteria Infection in the western world and maybe the spread of the infection also in Hulstria. This could force all the involved nations to find an initial compromise to fight the Bacteria.
Then... I'm totally open to the war in Ostland and then the War in Hulstria. I think will be funny!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby cm9777 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:35 pm

OOC: The plague should arrive in the Western/Developed World and cause major trouble first before a cure should be made. It will allow for more of the community to get involved with it. Making a little progress here and there weakening it and so on seems rather realistic but it should be a while before major progress is made.
cm9777

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Do we know which countries have put stuff in place to prevent and catch the disease?

Mine has done some stuff.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Don't know enough to answer that at this moment. I assume that as the threat comes closer to home, more actions will be taken against it.
cm9777

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm

OOC: Agreed. The continuation of the spread of the plague into the developed world is the driving force of this entire RP and will help to get other countries involved. The fact Hulstria has acted as an obstacle to the world mission should be an initial catalyst but I intend to drop a little "bombshell" of information into the scenario soon which should make it a certainty.

I also don't know all the countries that have tried to put in measures to prevent the disease but I am sure that at this time there is no known cure.

Furthermore, as long as there is good, reasonable military/political RP I am not adverse to a regime change in Hulstria - the old boy has got away with it for far too long anyway.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Don't have anything particularly intelligent to say right at this moment, but I just want to say this has been a great RP, and I want to thank stuntmonkey for all of the work he's put into it. Will probably say a bit more later.
Phil Piratin

Next

Return to World Events