Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm

REPUBLICANS MOVE FORWARD WITH SANCTIONS AGAINST DANKUK GOVERNMENT

MAY 19, 4305
Trade and Industry Minister Lu Yazhu, Foreign Affairs Critic Kong Bo and Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin have introduced Bill R-201: Dankuk Sanctions Act. This bill aims to put significant pressure on the Dankuk Government to end its tyrannical rule over the innocent people of Dankuk. Trade and Industry Minister Lu Yazhu worked closely with Foreign Affairs Critic and former minister Kong Bo, industry leaders and Republican policy advisors on this new bill, which is expected to pass once it has moved on from the debate stage. Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin also put his name on the bill, hoping that the international community will recognize its significance. R-201 is an important step in the Republican Government's plan to fortify Indrala as a key international player.

R-201 pictured in raw form

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4305
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:00 am

INDRALAIR SUSPENDS ALL FLIGHTS TO DANKUK
TIAN'AN, Han -- Indrala's largest international airline has announced that it is suspending all flights to Dankuk due to the political instability caused by the National Conservative Party and President Taeyang Sang-Ah. The airline had been offering daily nonstop flights direct from Tian'an to Iglesia Mayor.
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kwan Zhiyong Delivers Statement in Regard to Dankuk Sanctions Act

November 4305
Tian'an, Han

Given the government's recent procession of the R-201: Sanctions on the President of Dankuk and Affiliated Entities Act to a vote, the Leader of the Official Opposition Kwan Zhiyong and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr. Jin Meihui delivered the following statement to journalists in the National Conference Press Gallery:
KWAN ZHIYONG: Good Afternoon. After nearly a year of deliberation, the Republican Party has finally moved its sanctions bill to a vote. The process of drafting this bill was painstaking and involved a number of privy parties from around the country and indeed in Dankuk as well. When the Republicans first introduced this legislation, it was a very extreme bill which proposed a 60% tariff on wholesale imports from Dankuk into Indrala. This extreme and irrational imposition garnered the attention of the Premier of Dankuk, who expressed his concern with the bill; concerns which our party shared. We stated from the beginning that a bill which hinders the progress of the pro-democratic faction of Dankuk and indeed the livelihoods of average Dranians must be avoided. We believe that through consultation and bilateral cooperation, we have achieved a piece of legislation which targets the corrupt lawmakers associated with the National Conservative Party of Dankuk, not the hard-working people of Eljang. For that reason, our party will be supporting this piece of legislation.

DR. JIN MEIHUI: Leader Kwan expressed to me her disapproval of the early drafts of this legislation, and I pledged that as Minister of Foreign Affairs I would do everything in my power to hinder R-201's implementation. Today, with a much moderated and targeted piece of legislation, I will instead work hard to ensure that the articles in R-201 will be used to the fullest of their capability against the illegitimate presidency of Taeyang Sang-Ah and her National Conservative Party. To reiterate, our Party's only priority in the renegotiations of this bill was to shift the burden of our government's actions away from the Dranian people and onto the Dranian tyrants.

Centre: Dr. Jin Meihui, Minister of Foreign Affairs; Right: Kwan Zhiyong, Leader of the Lotus Party and the Official Opposition of Indrala
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 am

REPUBLICAN BILL R-201: SANCTIONS ON THE PRESIDENT OF DANKUK AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES ACT EXPECTED TO PASS (668 - 0)

Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin signing the final draft of R-201 (Zhang Zemin keeps many portraits in his office - pictured on his desk and behind him is late Republican Party founder Song Yi. Pictured right is former Lotus Party Chancellor of Indrala Huang Zitao, a principle mentor of Zhang Zemin)

November 20, 4305
A victory song was chanted in the National Conference as the Republicans scored another major bipartisan victory today: officially presenting Bill R-201: Sanctions on the President of Dankuk and Affiliated Entities Act into the National Conference to be voted upon. Chancellor Zhang Zemin was all smiles as he took to the floor to give due credit to his colleagues for working so hard on the flagship Republican legislation that is expected to threaten the legitimacy and lifespan of the cruel and dangerous Taeyang Sang-Ah regime in Dankuk. The Republicans have built up a reputation over many years of being the champion for Indrala on the international stage, and this day only cemented that title further. The bill is expected to pass unanimously with full support from the opposition Lotus Party and National Awakening Party.

The final, finished form of Bill R-201 pictured after several amendments were made during the debate stage

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4305
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:52 am

UNCONFIRMED: SOURCES SAY SUN LUHAN AND PRINCESS RYEO KYUNGHEE ENGAGED
4 JANUARY 4306

GONGMANGDO, Dankuk -- Unconfirmed reports are originating from Gongmangdo that Emperor Choesun V has accepted an engagement between Sun Luhan of the Sun Clan and his daughter, Her Royal Highness Princess Kyunghee of the House of Ryeo. Story developing, ICJ will keep you updated.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 am

These are the most viewed stories from the Tian'an Times online homepage

12 JULY 4306

SPS Raids Xiandai Headquarters Amidst Indralair Accident Investigation
SPS agents bring out boxes of evidence from the Xiandai Commercial Aircraft Manufacturing Company's HQ in Hazhou

HAZHOU, SHU The Supreme Prosecution Service (SPS) arrived unannounced at the Xiandai Commercial Aircraft Manufacturing Company's HQ in Hazhou on Wednesday morning with hundreds of empty boxes to be filled with evidence. Xiandai is under investigation after one of their X400 jets crashed into the side of Mount Gao in Anle Province two years ago. The X400 jet was Indralair flight 632, and it was on its way back to Tian'an international when the crew reported smoke in the cabin. All 144 souls on board were lost in the crash. The SPS investigation has been going on for nearly two full years, with no end in sight. This is the first public development in the investigation, and the SPS has made a bold statement with this raid. Tian'an Times managed to get a brief comment from SPS officials during the raid:
Reporter Huai Ming Xia: Excuse me sir, can you please describe to me what the state of the investigation is? Why is it taking so long? The families of the victims want answers.
SPS Agent: We cannot comment on any ongoing investigations *pause* hey Chu Gen, why don't you haul a** and pick up those f***** boxes! Sorry ma'am, we cannot comment on the investigation however we can say that it is moving along swiftly.

Despite numerous requests for information about the investigation, neither the press nor the families of all 144 victims of the crash have been able to get a squeak of information from the SPS or the Justice Department. The long and enduring nature of this investigation seems to suggest that there is more than meets the eye to this tragedy, and bigger entities could be at play. Justice Minister Ye Jingyi released a brief statement about the investigation after our continued demands for information. It reads:
This government is fully committed to the families and friends of the victims in this tragic accident. The justice department is following procedures that are tried and true, and have consistently resulted in answers. We anticipate the final report from the SPS in the near future so that families can have closure. We will hold those responsible fully accountable.

Ye Jingyi
Minister of Justice

SPS agents load evidence into their vans

Xiandai officials and employees fully cooperated with the incoming heap of SPS agents, despite being completely unaware of their visit. While the SPS claims to carry out investigations in a safe and effective manner, many SPS agents were caught shoving Xiandai employees to the ground and against doors. A general theme of panic erupted at Xiandai HQ as the SPS agents continued to search for and collect evidence all day long. By late evening most Xiandai employees had gone home to their mothers and fathers leaving SPS agents to toil with the evidence they collected. The shoving and shouting was over as the last SPS van pulled out of the loading dock at Xiandai HQ and raced into the sunset. Only time will tell what developments will come from the events of this day.

More to come...

Anle Coal Miners Seek Representation After Decades of Neglect
Dongjing sisters sifting coal in the Dongjing mine

DONGJING MINE, ANLE It is a bright summer morning in northern Anle Province, and several coal miners have just started their day. Today the Tian'an Times met with sisters Yu Lan Fen and Yu Chun at the Dongjing mine to gain insight into the life they lead.

This article was requested and sponsored by the Anle Coal Miner's Sisterhood Union (ACMSU)

Yu Lan Fen grabs a bucket, Yu Chun looks to the sky. Together the two sisters since birth have been dedicating their bodies to the Dongjing mine ever since they were 13 years of age. The two sisters are completely deaf but carry an extraordinary sense of smell and touch. It is a common nursery rhyme in rural Anle Province that "good coal" is only found by Dongjing sisters due to their enlightened senses. Reluctantly, the sisters agree to chat with Tian'an Times (they are dedicated to their work and do not wish to be distracted for long). The full interpreted interview transcript is here:
Reporter Huai Ming Xia: Good morning Lan Fen and Chun, how are you two today?
Yu Lan Fen: The sun is so bright today, we will have good yields. I can taste the coal in my mouth. It's raw.
Yu Chun: I am well, my feet are already swelling up though. We have too much respect for our work to use chairs.

Reporter Huai Ming Xia: Wonderful. so I must ask, how did you two start working at the mines? I understand you were very young.
Yu Chun: Well my mother was the local whore and she always went to the mines in the morning for early service. My sister and I never started that way, however my mother managed to get us jobs. Years went by and suddenly you can't find a single man working here anymore. Some say the coal got more delicate and the men couldn't handle it, us ladies think the men got delicate and they can't handle us!

Reporter Huai Ming Zia: That's inspiring. Tell me Lan Fen, why do you feel unrepresented in this country?
Yu Lan Fen: Thanks, Ms. Huai for asking. We have been ignored by the big suits in Tian'an for a very long time. They don't notice us at the mines. This is about to change you see. For the first time in over 60 years, a politician graced the streets of our village and asked us what we need help with. That was Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin. He is a beautiful man with legs. I feel like they care about us minefolk for once!

Reporter Huai Ming Zia: So what exactly do you sisters wish from a government? What issues do you care for?
Yu Chun: I am an oldtimer, so I don't exactly get what these suited up big jobs in Tian'an are all about, but really I just want two things: 1. Respect 2. I want to work these bloody mines until I die. Don't forget a word I say. I'll be here from dust to dust.

Reporter Huai Ming Zia: Well I really do appreciate your time ladies, I'll let you get back to work.
Yu Sisters: Thank you Miss

Dongjing sisters work from dawn till dusk on their feet with no break to pay their bills

The Dongjing Sisters may have been too humble to mention it, but the reality for the Dongjing coal miners is that they earn 41% less than the average Indralan per year. Even worse for the sisters, female coal miners earn an additional 6% less than the national average. This issue and more have been brought up by the Anle Coal Miner's Sisterhood Union, which advocates for fairer wages and improved working conditions. The Dongjing mine, as well as many others across Indrala, are crippling apart and face serious infrastructure deficits. The Donjing mine doesn't even have washrooms for the sisters. The hope for the Dongjing sisters and many more coal miners is that the Republican Party's recent success in Anle will translate to gratitude. If the Anle Coal Miner's Sisterhood Union can attract the support and advocacy of the Republican Government, their issues are surely to be addressed. For now the sisters look to the sky, take a deep breath and continue to sort coal as another day at the mines begins for them.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Arapaima13 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Jin Jianhong: "We will return Indrala to the People."

A return to "good-old fashioned, people-first politics" is the message that the Reformists want to give people. At the party's opening conference, the new co-leading duo: Jin Jianhong, and retired general, Xun Fen, were deeply critical of Indrala's betrayal of the people of Indrala. Voicing themselves as a pro-business, libertarian party, they saw it as their duty to reverse the wayward direction of the Establishment, and to end the policy of "liberal interventionism".

The party is running on a platform of intense privatisation, and the cutting of government funds, whilst maintaining the liberal democracy society that has been developed within the Fourth and Fifth Republics. Their pro-interventionist position has not prevented them from actively criticising the Establishment's handling of multiple foreign affairs issues, already standing against Dankuk sanctions. This seems to be their attitude to many issues within Indrala. That, whilst the government are doing some things correctly, the government are not doing enough. To put it the way of one party member: "the current political parties have a positive plan for Indrala, however this tends to spiral into a plan of destitution rather swiftly."

At the Party's Central Headquarters at the 玻璃屋 (the Glass House Building), in Mudanwan, Jin and Xun met with an enthusiastic crowd of roughly a thousand people to speak of their vision for the future of Indrala. Both were critical about Indrala's current dispute with Dankuk. Jin also spoke about the mining industry, promising workers that were the Reformists to be elected they would place emphasis on creating crucial well-paid jobs within primary and secondary industries - in particular mining.

The Headquarters of the Reformists in Mudanwan, Min

Highlights from Jin Jianhong's speech:

My friends, and fellow Indralans. For too long have you been ignored; you have been sidelined by a government not concerned with domestic affairs, but rather occupied unnecessarily with international disputes that have no benefit for you. You elect a government to see your lives improve, not the lives of people half way round the world. The current establishment are obsessed with what I and the General like to call "liberal interventionism". When a left-leaning government attempts to get tangled up within international affairs through unnecessary means such as sanctions and embargoes. Despite their reallocation of resources to other areas, they still wish to display power at all costs - unless it means using the military, in which case we then back out.

...later in the speech...

Domestic Affairs have been ignored by government for a while now. The Reformists will change that. The people who make Indrala run - the miners, and the farmers,
and the factory workers - shall have the support of the government again. We will return Indrala to the people. Mining will boom, and Indrala will become the greatest manufacturing nation in the world. I have faith that, through privatisation, mixed with a strong, small central government, we can achieve this by the end of the century - perhaps earlier.

...and at the end of the speech...

If we do not believe we can, we won't. The establishment have had an all too negative attitude for too long now. They do not believe in Indrala. They do not believe in the people of Indrala. Well let us offer you an alternative that does believe in Indrala; that does believe in the people. Therefore, let us go forward believing that we can, believing we must. Let us set a benchmark for others to follow. Let us, together, reestablish Indrala as the strong leader that it once was. Indeed, together we shall make Indrala great again. Thank-you and goodnight!

Jin Jianhong gave a powerful speech against the Establishment as he formed the Reformists
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Wu Han » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:25 pm

The Kaizhou Inquirer - August 4307
The Kaizhou Inquirer is northern Indrala's leading periodical, reporting on politics, culture and economics

Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk Arrives in Kaizhou
The Princess has arrived on "a personal trip" amid rumours of an engagement between her and Sun Luhan
Princess Ryeo Kyunghee at Wu Hán International Airport in Kaizhou

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi — Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk was spotted at Wu Hán International Airport in Kaizhou as she arrived in Indrala today, augmenting rumours of an engagement between her and Sun Luhan of the Sun Clan.

Princess Kyunghee is a member of the House of Ryeo, the Dranian royal family which was extracted by MSS agents in 4282 after facing political persecution from then-president (and self-proclaimed “God-Emperor) Hong Seon-ki and his governing National Conservative Party. It is stipulated that Luhan and Kyunghee met during the period of her exile in Indrala.

Neither the House of Ryeo nor the Sun Clan has responded to requests for verification of the rumoured engagement. A representative for the Princess simply stated that Kyunghee's arrival in Indrala is for "a personal trip." The subject of Sun Luhan's engagement has been a topic of much public interest in Indrala.

Lotus Party Leader Kwan Zhiyong Visits Primary School, Blasts Other Parties
After meeting with schoolchildren, the Lotus Party Leader didn't hold back her anger
Kwan Zhiyong reading to kindergarteners at Mudanwan Public Primary School #24

MUDANWAN, Min — The Lotus Party Leader spent the day touring the newly renovated Mudanwan Public Primary School #24 today, meeting with teachers, parents and students. After spending three hours participating in activities with the children, the Lotus Party Leader held a press conference at a park across the street. In her opening remarks, the Lotus Party Leader did not hold back in her criticism of the other three major parties in Indrala. Below we display a transcript of this conference:
KWAN ZHIYONG: Today I spent the day looking into the smiling faces of so many beautiful children. In the eyes of these students you can see the hope for our nation; and yet, there are some voices in this country that want to ensure that when these kids grow up that there is no National University system and no Indrala Scholarship Fund to help them reach the fullest of their god-given potential. That the Reformists, in particular, are calling for the full privatization of our educational system makes my skin crawl. I want Mr. Jin and General Xun to come and meet a young girl here, Xiafeng. Her parents are illiterate farmers who could not go to school because the system was privatized under the Republic's Conservatives. For her family, Xiafeng is the only chance they have to walk the flower path and escape the clutches of poverty. Xiafeng is the top student here, and indeed ranked in the top 10 students in Mudanwan. And yet, Mr. Jin and General Xun have the gall to look her in the face and ask "how much money is in your families pocket?" before declaring that she has a right to learn. Shame.
KEVIN WU, Press Secretary to the Leader of the Official Opposition: The Leader has time for a few questions.

JIA ZHENGSHU, Tian'an Times: You brought them up before I did, but when we last spoke there were only three parties in Indrala, and now there is the Reformist Party. What is your message to voters ahead of 4309 who might be looking at the Reformists as an alternative to the Republicans?

KWAN ZHIYONG: Well, our message is simple. It has been, and will always be about putting working-people first and ensuring that everyone in Indrala has an equal opportunity to prosper. Our party has been enthusiastically putting forward our message since our inception, and you can see our efforts in comparison to other parties. For instance, in just this current National Conference, our party has put forward 10 bills, or nearly 80% of all legislation voted on the floor. NAP, not surprisingly, has continued their proud party tradition of incompetence and hasn't put forward a bill for over a decade. The first bill to come from the Reformists had at its core a mission to make our society more violent. With these two parties only standing against things, will we ever hear their solutions? Their alternatives? I'm not so sure.
MA GANRU, Southern Voice: Ms. Kwan, with recent legislation such as R-203, it seems that the Republicans have shifted their focus away from their traditional support base of Shu to the province of Anle. Does the Lotus Party have a message to the people of Anle?

KWAN ZHIYONG: I reject the premise of that question because it assumes that our message is one which must be localized in order to gain support. Our message has always been one which is about unifying Indralans from top to bottom. I'll leave the regionalist pandering to the Republicans and Reformists.
SHI ZETIEN, TNN: Ms. Kwan, the Reformists have lumped you and the Republicans together as "the Establishment." It's true that we've seen a lot of bilateral work between your two parties. How can your party be seen as a 'government-in-waiting' if you work with the sitting government so often?

KWAN ZHIYONG: Well, again I disagree. Our party is unconventional in our approach to politics, in that we always put country before party. If we can work across the aisle to deliver results for Indralans, shouldn't we? Is that not why we were voted into the National Conference? When we oppose the Republicans, we full-throatedly oppose them. When there is room to work, we capitalize on it.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 pm

LOTUS PARTY CALLS FOR EMERGENCY DEBATE ON DANKUK
9 NOVEMBER 4308

TIAN'AN, Han -- Lotus Party Leader Kwan Zhiyong has called for an emergency debate to respond to the Dranian government's "Act to de-recognize the Republic of Yingdala as the legitimate government of Yingdalan People" which is expected to pass. The Lotus Party also introduced sanctions against the NCP's coalition partner, the New Katsuran Front (LP-211).
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 am

GRAND CHANCELLOR ZHANG ZEMIN TO SEEK FOURTH TERM
If re-elected, Zhang Zemin will become the longest serving Chancellor since Wu Han

Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin was on the streets of Tian'an Monday morning

January 26, 4309
TIAN'AN, HAN

Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin was spotted grabbing a morning tea on his way to the National Conference Monday morning. Crowds of people swarmed the Republican leader to get autographs and pictures with the Chancellor. Mid-way though his commute, he stopped to answer questions from the press. Recent controversy has surrounded the Grand Chancellor about whether or not he should seek a fourth term. He has remained silent on the issue until now:
Reporter Wei Fa: Grand Chancellor, will you be seeking a fourth term? The people want to know! We are going crazy, foaming at the mouth! Tell us!
Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin: Alright, I should tell you, no? As of today, I have officially decided to seek re-election as the Grand Chancellor of Indrala. I'm getting old, but not THAT old you see. I was born to serve the people of Indrala, and I will die living out my destiny.

The news is not surprising, given that Zhang Zemin is extremely popular amongst Indralans of all demographics. His party has suffered in recent elections, but that does not dissuade the Chancellor from serving the people of Indrala. Many have questioned the fitness of the aging Grand Chancellor, citing his health issues following Typhoon Yutu that saw him hospitalized for several months after saving a baby from death. The Chancellor doesn't seem to be concerned, as his eyes are set on the prize. The forthcoming election in July of this year is highly anticipated as it will be a major test for the Republicans and their supply and confidence agreement with the Lotus Party. The arrival of several new parties to the National Conference will also prove to be an enticing narrative in the months preceding the election. Only time will tell if Zhang Zemin will serve another day as the Grand Chancellor of Indrala

More to come...
TreeHugger

PreviousNext

Return to National News