13th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Martinulus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Seodoru, Viscount Fukuyama, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Honourable delegates,

I come before you a grateful man. The long-overdue intervention to remove the dictatorial and genocidal regime is well underway and is assisting my country greatly in ridding itself of its dictatorial regime. We have recently been pleased to liberate the ancient capital of our nation, Kien, from the forces of the regime. The state in which we found many of its most iconic buildings has saddened us, adding to the list of the regime's crimes. But we are hopeful that soon, Kien will be the centre of government from which the country will be ruled democratically once more.

The commander of the Valruzian forces raised a pertinent question a few months back: what's next? As coalition forces come closer and closer to displacing the regime, we must look forward to the period after and how the international community can assist in bringing peace, democracy and tolerance back to Hulstria and Gao-Soto. I would like to address his comments here first.

Valruzia proposed the federalisation of our country. While that is a matter for the drafters of our new constitution, we would like to point out that under the Basic Law of Hulstria and Gao-Soto, the Crownlands are already guaranteed their autonomy. I should like to point out that on the basis of past experience, we should be wary of recreating a Hulstrian and Gao-Showan ethnofederation with two different governments. Such entrenchment of identity has all too often proven counterproductive. I would be sceptical, in fact, of any scheme that would divide the nation - division has historically always left a bad aftertaste in our national history, and all too often brought democratic breakdown eventually.

In my view, the future of Hulstria and Gao-Soto must be that of a full and unreserved multi-party liberal democracy, which will be greatly helped by the almost 900 years of Septembrist tradition under our belts. Still, the historical United Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto stands out as a shining example in our history and the history of Terra of a multi-ethnic stable democracy which persisted for centuries. I am confident that, given the support we need to help us re-establish a similar state, as endeavoured for by my government, we can return such long-term stability to Hulstria and Gao-Soto.

The alternative here is a self-declared dictatorship of the proletariat which entrenches a single ideology and its party as a leading constitutional force. I do not believe such privileged positions will be conducive to democracy and indeed stability in the Crownlands. The needed reconciliation cannot be provided merely by replacing it with an imposed class-based division - rather it can only be provided by building institutions that bridge in a democratic way the two cultures and thereby provide enough mutual trust to heal the wounds inflicted by the regime.

I therefore would answer the question of what next? I think, honourable delegates, it is a simple matter of the option already being available. You can see in our Basic Law the kind of constitution we would wish for Hulstria and Gao-Soto, and in our national history its proven record. I would urge the nations of Terra to endorse multi-party democracy in Hulstria and Gao-Soto by following the example of Dankuk and Aloria and recognising the United Imperial Crownlands as the sole legitimate sovereign government of Hulstria and Gao-Soto, and do everything in their power to aid us in re-establishing stability in our country.

I would also, for the sake of justice, urge the passage of a resolution for the creation of an international tribunal to try Leopold Nimitz and members of the regime for war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity, and an international warrant for their arrest.

I thank you.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby RedReaper » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Address By Peter Eichenwald, Ambassador Of The People's State Of Hulstria And Gao-Soto To The General Assembly Of The World Congress;

Delegates, respected members of this General Assembly,

It is the overall opinion of the Government of the People's State Of Hulstria And Gao-Soto to speak, for the first time, to this body in order to give forth our views on the future of Hulstria And Gao-Soto and to also begin the process of negotiations between us and the Septembrist Provisional Government of the United Imperialist Crownlands.

I will begin by expressing resolutely that the People's State's first and most prominent aim is a cessation of conflict between the warring parties of the 'People's War For The Liberation Of The Workers Of Hulstria And Gao-Soto' and for all forces which seek to terminate the illegitimate Nimitz government to come together and to build a new society, based on freedom, equality and democracy for all. This is the aim that we, the People's State, hold with the utmost importance.

The Septembrist Provisional Government are in the struggle to achieve this aim, our allies. We are aligned in full support of their aims in the region and we hold their stalwart fight against the Nimitz Regime to the highest respect. We do not, at the present moment, regard the Septembrists as anything other than friends and comrades in the struggle against fascism and dictatorship. What reason do we have to regard them any other way?

However, do they regard us the same way? Is peaceful coexistence, and eventual negotiation, even a possibility? The Government of the People's State surely hopes so and we are open to any negotiations and suggestions by the Septembrists. We therefore honorably ask Viscount Fukuyama, are you willing to accept our offer for negotiation, or do you regard us, as you have just portrayed in your last statement, as much enemies of yours as the Nimitz Regime?

This is a paramount question Herr Fukuyama. We look forward to your answer.

Thank you for listening.

Ambassador Eichenwald Leaves The Platform And Returns To His Seat.
RedReaper

Postby Martinulus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Seodoru, Viscount Fukuyama, Foreign Minister of the United Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Honourable delegates,

Let me, in turn extend the gratitude of my government to the People's Party of Hulstria and its militias for their invaluable assistance in ridding ourselves of our common dictatorial foe, as I have done for all those who have participated in the coalition. I am sure all in this august Assembly save the delegation from this illegitimate tyrannical regime will agree that Nimitz and his party are a menace on the peoples of Hulstria and Gao-Soto that should be dealt with sooner rather than later.

Right now, he is absolutely right that the focus should be on ridding ourselves of this dictatorial regime.

Concerning the future: I am glad Herr Eichenwald has reaffirmed his party's commitment to freedom, equality and democracy for all. Once we've got our country back, we will be looking forward to seeing the Volkspartei compete at the ballot box, enriching the multi-party system we aim for with its solid commitment to democracy and human rights. The Volkspartei is welcome even now, trusting, of course, that it conforms totally to the provisions of the basic law, to contest the elections organised in liberated areas to the provisional Imperial Diet.

The reason we have not yet passed a new Constitution is that we wish to wait until full democratic elections have been held before considering adjustments to the basic law needed to create full-fledged democratic constitution for a Septembrist Rechtsstaat (OOC: German term for the rule of law) in Hulstria and Gao-Soto. Any party that wishes to aid in that democratic project is, of course, welcome, under the rules of the game established by the basic law. That is what it is for.

Can my government look forward to the good news of a new democratic party enriching our system?
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive