Political Opinions

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Re: Political Opinions

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 am

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpo ... &soc=-2.46
https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 6.9&s=83.1

The political compass Github have no meaning seeing that in Real life I am Stalinist.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Hrafn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Hmmm

Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 pm

http://www.celebritytypes.com/morality/6/test.php

"Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Libertarian."

Hrafn

Postby Elf » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 am

Your strongest moral foundation is Loyalty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.

Lol... wasn't I supposed to be more liberal than you are? :lol:
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Hrafn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Elf wrote:Lol... wasn't I supposed to be more liberal than you are? :lol:

You are clearly a more moral person than me :lol:
Hrafn

Postby soysauce » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:35 pm

soysauce

Postby Hrafn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:38 pm

How well do my scores match my actual opinions?

- I am an Ethnic Nationalist and a Race Realist. You can call me a Nazi if you want, me ne frego.
- I support either direct democracy or some kind of meritocracy/technocracy, or possibly some sort of combination. Representative democracy is the most idiotic system ever.
- I support monetary reform: seperation of investment banks and savings banks, full reserve requirement and the creation of new money being debt-free and in the hands of the state.
- I support expropriating the major banks and writing off all existing bank loan debts, especially home mortgages.
- I think that the bulk of public revenue should come from a (near-)100% Land Value Tax complemented by taxes on natural resource extractions and pollution/emissions (or possibly a cap-auction system for the latter).
- Income taxes, sales taxes/VATs, wealth taxes (on anything but land) etc. should be slashed as much as possible and preferably abolished altogether.
- I support replacing the patchwork of transfer systems with a single Universal Basic Income or Citizen's Dividend for all adult citizens.
- I support removing labour regulations (once the UBI/CD is in place).
- I oppose the government being directly involved in health care, education, childcare and elder care. They should be run by private companies, cooperatives or families, with only basic regulations against quackery etc.
- I think that the government spends too much on infrastructure. Infrastructure is not a job creation program or a way to show off, it's supposed to take people from A to B as efficiently as possible. And generally, if the business community needs a road somewhere, they can pay for it themselves.
- I support eminent domain, with just compensation, in some cases, like if some landowner is being stupidly obstructive.
- I support protectionist tariffs in some cases.
- I oppose "free trade" agreements such as ACTA, TTIP, TTP, CETA, etc.
- I support solar power and nuclear power. Hydroelectric dams should be removed whenever possible. Fossil fuels should be allocated to where they are most needed in the meantime.
- I am for the government funding science and technology development, as long as the results thereof are made open source and not captured by private interests.
- I support work immigration to supply qualified workers (physicians, engineers, etc.) not to import a new low-wage proletariat.
- I think that the era of economic growth is over and that we should start valuing leisure time and cultural advancement instead of ever more material accumulation and consumption.
- I think that the heterosexual, monogamous family is the cornerstone of society.
- I am for legalizing the production, distribution and consumption of drugs, gambling, prostitution and other sex services. They should however be taxed to offset any negative externalities they might cause.
- I support population control and eugenics. However, given that we already have a below-replacement birthrate, it's not a big deal right now as long as we stop immigration.
- I support the death penalty or lifetime imprisonment (preferably the former) of rapists, pedophiles, murderers and telemarketers.
- I am for a strong military and national service. I oppose membership in NATO.
- I think the current swedish abortion laws are quite fine.
- I think that gun ownership is a mark of a free man, but I support basic gun regulations.
- I am opposed to any state ownership or subsidies to television, radio, newspapers or any kind of media.
- I support net neutrality.
- I would prefer the government to stay out of culture, but I can tolerate public commission of artwork as long as it isn't ugly, degenerate "modern" art.
- I support strong environmental regulations and setting aside more land as national parks or nature reserves.
- I am for strict animal welfare laws and for banning all factory farming.
- I am for international cooperation, but I oppose the WTO and IMF and think that the UN is a joke. The EU is also a mess. I do not believe in the benevolence of the "international community".
Last edited by Hrafn on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hrafn

Postby Elf » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:21 am

- I could probably call myself a 'cultural/liberal nationalist' but I generally don't go around calling myself a 'nationalist' for the same reason as I don't go around calling myself a 'feminist' despite that I am indeed very much a difference feminist. Those terms are mostly associated other branches whose values I don't agree with. I realize ethnicity does matter to people in the sense that many feel a sense belonging to the heritage of their parents etc, at times even if they haven't had much contact with that, but judging people's skin colour or measuring dna levels is special snowflake stuff at best and ripe for genocide at worst. :roll:
- All power to Paula, our liberator! <3
- I'm a 'fallen' Catholic and have been for quite some time now, but I'm not brave enough to announce it except to parents and close friends ofc. People have their expectations... Might not get my head cut of like in certain other religious trends, but I know very well some people just aren't so nice about the 'fallen' (and I've been one of those at times myself). I don't know exactly what I am atm, 'Dharmic heathen/animist' might come closest. I like Buddhism a lot... but I don't always feel so sure I'd be welcomed by its practitioners where I live...
- Part of why I'd probably qualify as a crypto-Buddhist (like the guy on Hrafn's avatar lel) because I have a growing feeling about how a lot of stuff doesn't really matter. People hate each other because of racism or 'anti-racism' and in the end it's just nonsense anyway. I get that people need a purpose in life, but it's so sad to have folks spending an entire life on ruining other people's existence for no good reason. One could look at Sweden now after the refugee crisis: suddenly the kind immigration policies people were heinously brutalized for in the past regarding immigration are the norm and are quite similar to other EU countries in fact. What good did all of that crap do? It's just virtue signalling at the expense of others for people who need to find a purpose.
- I'm like eh... a bit 'ambivalent' on neocon/anti-neocon stuff because on one hand I think the anti-neocon crowd often get narrow-minded about interventionism (just imagine if the US had stopped the Iranian revolution!) and act like the radical left when supporting China, Russia and basically everything that's against liberal democracy. What Russia is doing to small countries on its borders is in no way acceptable no matter if someone else is doing similar stuff somewhere else. But on the other hand, I acknowledge that some of the western foreign policy of the last decades has been a disaster, and you have to take the psychological effect of sending young people into war for not-really-good-reasons into account as well..
- I'm a Zionist, I think of Eilat as one of those hidden gems on the map people don't know they can visit, and one of my best friend holds dual citizenship in Israel. But honestly I don't think that conflict will be solved before Israel tells those who want to live in a society without Jews and with Sharia laws etc to move to Jordan instead of being guilt-tripped into cuddling with people who constantly behave like psychopaths on an ideological level.
- I'm not a big fan of Islam which I find reminiscent of other inhumane totalitarian ideologies who are not compatible with liberal democracy and advocate things that go against basic human/existential decency. But at the same time - people hating individual Muslims just because they are Muslims are stupid. It's not their fault that they were born into that context. A lot of those people's ancestors created the cradle of civilization once. Most 'Turks' are probably in fact actually descendent of Byzantines who became subject to the brutality of their conquerors and adapted to survive.
- To be fair - in general a lot of people who I would describe as 'puritans' - they can be fundamentalist Christians, communists, fascists, "politically correct" or kinda devoid of ideology, display the same kind of mindset, even if their ideologies may not always be a juridical system that tramples on the dignity of everyone else. I'm thinking of the instances when ideological principles or rules go above critical thinking or simply reality - it can be excused as 'equality' as well. For me this is kinda a characteristic that developed from the mentality of the Abrahamite religions where man is above nature than subservient to its laws. And it's not a great thing.
- I'm pro-life and don't view it as a religious issue, however when it comes to same-sex marriage and such I kinda think that's more complex than a yes/no issue. The norm for marriage as it was long ago (having people who make babies not leaving for just whatever reason to create stability for the continuation of the family/community) simply doesn't exist anymore. I think the government could stop being involved in that stuff and leave it to the civil society entirely.
- I'm kinda ambivalent on the death penalty. I wouldn't start agitating for it irl, but on a personal level I'm ambivalent, and the various complicated ways of killing people invented by Americans just feel... distasteful (honestly - we might ridicule Saudis for their 'medieval' beheadings, but compared to gassing/electrocuting/poisoning people it seems like a kinda 'clean' way of getting it done without espousing people to prolonged torture). I think the (post-)abrahamite way of thinking about it in terms of "rights" is not the right way to look at it, if you have the death penalty then it's not really about punishing people for a specific crime but killing potentially dangerous and inherently not-so-nice people (modern psychology agrees that some people who have really severe personality disorders inherently lust for making others suffer... people killing someone in a state of psychosis are of course an entirely different kind of fish..). For instance - most of us could probably shot someone under enough pressure (I've had people expressing such thoughts about a notorious sexual abuser in my proximity quite recently...), but only really sick people would divide that person's body and bury it in various places. In the same way - paedophiles or animal abusers are in general inherently malicious people who kinda deserve to pay the ultimate price, but you might have someone who has killed a human who might not quite fall into that category.
- In general I think that a problem with religious people is that they don't see the forest because they're looking at the trees - ie. at the rules and not their context. A big potion of religious scriptures like the bible can't be understood without understanding 'tribalistic' part of it. Back then people married around the time they got sexually mature. It's no demonic influence or whatever that makes teens feel sexual attraction, we simply live quite unnatural lives today. The bible, for instance, is the story about what it proclaims as God's chosen people and their struggle for survival through the ages. Its views on different things should be looked at from that perspective, rather than the rigidity of the puritanians.
- About schools... I support the Swedish system of basing the entire system on school vouchers because it gives freedom of choice even for people who can't pay for it (which helped me a lot after I switched to a Waldorf school), but part of me hopes that my children will grow up in a world were the education system looks radically different. Some conservative people's (including people I know well) idea about education policies are all about harsher discipline to force the kids who can't sit still to do that, which feels a bit like the movie 'Revenge of the nerds' honestly. You can't replace oppression with another type of oppression and expect a good result. Let the 'cool people' do their stuff and the geeks or whatever do theirs and they never have to be with each other. The education system is a dinosaur from the industrial era where people had to sit in a school bench for the entire day (which most of us honestly aren't made for) to learn stuff. Nowadays most of the stuff you're forced to learn for tests or whatever just passes into one ear and out from the other. A decent healthcare for everyone is imho more important than funding the dinosaurs of the education system.
- I'm not against some sort of European Union based on intergovernmental (confederal) rather than supernational principles and ideas. But let's face it - it's not and is never gonna be heading in that way. In fact, I think people in Scandinavia kinda don't understand the EU and the ideology behind it (post WWII-Christian Democracy) is alien to our own political traditions, and its way of thinking doesn't work in our context (for instance - we have no minimum wage laws since that's supposed to be solved through collective bargaining, and implementing that would be state-sponsoring substandard jobs, but in countries like Romania it might mean something entirely different). You have seemingly 'mundane' but even so quite notable cultural differences like us Nordics sounding rude to continental Europeans since we don't utilise the kind of formal language where strangers are 'we' or 'Mr./Mrs. Whatever' and we're (sadly) notoriously conformist and afraid of conflict to the point of not talking with each other on the bus (the kind of stuff that makes me wanna go south lol). A Nordic Union might be a good alternative to the EU since our societies work kinda the same.
- In general, part of me is interested in various "outlandish" stuff, like the Dharma, distributism, geoism, geocentrism etc - but strictly politically speaking I've become cynical enough to think about the ramifications about our system and I realize that we need to work with what we got rather than dreaming about something that doesn't exist.
- I'm feeling not so happy with the privileges of the Sami here in Sweden especially after a state-funded 'Sami village' tortured a bunch of bears and lynxes and other wild animals to death and bragged about it. Found out that they're basically Finnish nomads. And Finns have been part of Sweden since our country's inception. It's an interesting example of accepted anti-majority racism. 'Sapmi' is basically a racist, ethnonationalist myth about an ethnically 'pure' nation in Northern Scandinavia (a bit like 'Palestine'), but one that is okay and propagated in state institutions, for whatever reason... :roll: Part of me thinks we should just abolish the minority nation legislation and go full principled liberal democracy instead (which among other things - would solve the wolf issue overnight - wolves can go and live in the wilderness of northernmost Sweden instead of in the proximity to farmers). People who wanna sell reindeer meat can do that without state subsidies.
- Believe it or not but I'm not a big fan of conservative/right-wing 'grassroots' on the internet. I often find that they just defend anything that they feel are against the 'establishment' no matter how terrible they might be. In fact, one of the reasons why other right-wing people might perceive me as 'cucked'/'liberal' or w.e. is because I can't stand that environment and often find myself formulating an antithesis just for the sake of it.
- Telia (half-public internet provider) just went down as usual. Neither the healthcare system nor the internet works.. in the capital. So I suddenly had to connect my computer to my phone (on which internet access is a lot more expensive). Sweden is such an utopian developing country... :roll:
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Hrafn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 am

Holy s**t, I need a trébuchet to get through this wall of text :D

Elf wrote:- I'm feeling not so happy with the privileges of the Sami here in Sweden especially after a state-funded 'Sami village' tortured a bunch of bears and lynxes and other wild animals to death and bragged about it. Found out that they're basically Finnish nomads. And Finns have been part of Sweden since our country's inception. It's an interesting example of accepted anti-majority racism. 'Sapmi' is basically a racist, ethnonationalist myth about an ethnically 'pure' nation in Northern Scandinavia (a bit like 'Palestine'), but one that is okay and propagated in state institutions, for whatever reason... :roll: Part of me thinks we should just abolish the minority nation legislation and go full principled liberal democracy instead (which among other things - would solve the wolf issue overnight - wolves can go and live in the wilderness of northernmost Sweden instead of in the proximity to farmers). People who wanna sell reindeer meat can do that without state subsidies.

I've been thinking about this issue a lot since I moved northward.

The problem with the Sami started when the government decided to equate sami-ness with reindeer-herding. Most sami people didn't, and still don't, have anything to do with reindeer-herding. The majority subsisted on fishing, hunting and even farming. But these non-reindeer-herding sami had their land rights expropriated and given over to the reindeer herders, just like a lot of Jamtish farmers had their farms expropriated for the same purpose. The members of the "Sami villages" have privileges over fishing and hunting rights that even non-reindeer-herding sami don't have. Furthermore, most reindeer-herders don't even speak a word of sami and probably have less sami blood than the average Swede up here.

In fact, the biggest party in the Sami Thing are opposed to the reindeer-industry as it currently exists. They want to open up the Sami villages to all sami, have "one person, one vote" (as opposed to now, when you get a vote per head of reindeer you own, unless you're a woman - then your reindeer count toward your male care-takers votes instead, really enlightened eh?), and distribute hunting and fishing rights equally.

I have no problem with the sami having special land rights as long as it's proportional, i.e. if 10% of the population in a particular hunting zone are sami, then 10% of the hunting rights should be reserved for them. Fair.

- In general, part of me is interested in various "outlandish" stuff, like the Dharma, distributism, geoism, geocentrism etc - but strictly politically speaking I've become cynical enough to think about the ramifications about our system and I realize that we need to work with what we got rather than dreaming about something that doesn't exist.

Bah! If you've accepted that nothing's ever going to change, you might as well be a raving extremist. It's much more fun!

Edit: did you just compare economic theories to geocentrism? The belief that the sun circles the earth?
Last edited by Hrafn on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hrafn

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic