Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby Zongxian » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:30 pm

ULTRANATIONALISTS ORGANIZE NEW POLITICAL PARTY
Retired Major General Lo Zongru calls for revival of monarchy and Indralan military hegemony over Dovani

Major General Lo Zongru speaking to reporters after a party rally in Kaizhou, Jiaozhi

April 3, 4309
TIAN'AN, HAN

Amid growing tensions with the Great Dranian Empire and the heightened publicity surrounding prominent figures in Indralan nobility, the Phoenix Party has emerged, capitalizing on nationalist and monarchist sentiments. Led by retired Air Force Major General Lo Zongru, this new political organization formed in the final weeks of December and it has since been rapidly building up its local outreach across the provinces. The core objective of the the Phoenix Party is the restoration of the Dragon Throne and the Celestial Empire of Great Indrala.

The Phoenix Party has also taken a hardline stance on foreign policy, arguing that Indrala must reassert its role as the hegemon of Dovani. Major General Lo and his party have stirred controversy in the past few weeks due to these stances and it has led to many labeling the Phoenix Party as an ultranationalist group. In addressing the general state of Dovani, the official position of the Phoenix Party is that the absence of Indralan hegemony has been the cause of the instability in areas like Dankuk and Hulstria-Gao Soto. The Major General stirred controversy this week when he went further, referring specifically to Dankuk as a "tributary state that needs to be put in its place."

Despite the militarism and controversial statements, the Phoenix Party has been rapidly gaining traction in its campaigning ahead of the July elections. Well attended rallies have been held all across the country and when the party candidates aren't talking about monarchy and hegemony, they speak about community, Jienist values, and the commitment of government to serving all Indralans. The Phoenix Party has given special attention to its outreach to Indralan minority groups and later today Major General Lo will be visiting a Dinh community in the Min Province. Election day is quickly approaching and the Phoenix Party is aiming for a big debut in Indralan politics.
Zongxian

Postby Zongxian » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 am

LO ZONGRU WINS GRAND CHANCELLERY
Phoenix Party surges into the political scene, captures fourth of the legislature

Lo Zongru (left) viewing art after speech on Indralan culture at a Tian'an gallery

July 5, 4309
TIAN'AN, HAN

Shocking. It is hard to describe the stunning outcome of what was otherwise a very routine election. The Phoenix Party, led by Lo Zongru, has campaigned hard since its formation in December and it seems to have paid off in enormous ways. In the first round of the Grand Chancellery election, Lo Zongru placed second, comfortably ahead of Kwan Zhiyong of the Lotus Party but quite far behind the popular Republican incumbent, Zhang Zemin. However, that distance was rapidly closed in the second round, with Lo's share of the vote passing Zhang's by less than one percent. Carrying an endorsement from the Reformists, Lo Zongru has led a major electoral upset.

In the National Conference contest the performance of the Phoenix Party has matched that of its Party President. While the Republicans have recaptured their position as the largest party, the Phoenix Party is just behind, having won one-fourth of the seats in the legislature. The Lotus-Republican coalition no longer holds a majority but it is uncertain what kind of government will form out of this new composition.

The Phoenix Party did not foresee the scale of its victory but it is clear that their campaign strategy paid off. Great energy was put into regional outreach, which included outreach to minority and lower-income groups, and the Phoenix Party topped the polls in three Provinces: Han, Min, and Shu. Their strong performance in these regions helped propel the party to victory in the Grand Chancellery and provided the bulk of their seats in the National Conference.

Accompanying this success for the Phoenix Party is a debut for ultranationalism in the modern elected politics of Indrala. With Lo Zongru serving as Grand Chancellor there are significant implications for his foreign policy rhetoric and it is yet to be seen how he will actually act within his official role. Nonetheless, it is fully expected he will push the limit as far as he can with regard to ongoing matters relating to Dankuk and the dictatorship in Hulstria/Gao-Soto. On the domestic front the Phoenix Party is less controversial in its outlook and it's likely that the new Grand Chancellor and his party will find commonalities with the Republicans and the Lotus Party. Even so, the Phoenix Party is surrounded by unpredictability and only time will reveal the consequence of their electoral performance.
Zongxian

Postby Wu Han » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:45 am

LOTUS PARTY ENDS SUPPLY AND CONFIDENCE AGREEMENT WITH REPUBLICAN PARTY
5 JULY 4309

TIAN'AN, Han -- The Lotus Party has formally ended their supply and confidence agreement with the Republican Party, with all Lotus Party personnel in the cabinet resigning following the 4309 General Election. Supply and confidence began in September of 4304, after Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin capitulated to Lotus Party demands. LP Leader Kwan Zhiyong said at time the deal was "not a coalition by any measure"
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 pm

January 4310
Southern Voice is a left-leaning daily print publication distributed nation-wide, focusing predominantly on political, cultural and economic events in Shu, Han and Southern Anle

A cropped image of a scroll painting of Sun Luhan with fiancée Her Royal Highness Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk (Courtesy: Sun Clan)
CONFIRMED: SUN LUHAN AND PRINCESS KYUNGHEE OF DANKUK TO BE MARRIED
Story by Pan Heng, interview conducted 13 December 4310, story written 28 January 4310

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- For just less than a decade now, the Indralan public has been obsessed with Sun Luhan, the young and handsome noble who is the only chance to continue his family's bloodline, following the sudden death of his father in a car accident in 4297. All the while, Luhan has remained elusive, never speaking publically and studying abroad to avoid media scrutiny; although this reporter has discovered that the location he selected for study may have come with other intentions.

Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk has not lived the fantasy lifestyle that many would associate with her title. In 4290, when she was just seven years old, Princess Kyunghee and her family were extracted from Dankuk by MSS agents following an attempted coup on the monarchs in the early 4290s. The Ryeo family would reside in Indrala from around 4290 until the last of her family, including the Princess, returned to Dankuk in 4298. It was during this time that the two nobles met.

The Ryeo Family had been granted the Yincheng Mountain Retreat for their temporary use during their time of exile in Indrala. The Yincheng Mountain Retreat had been built by Luhan's ancestor, Beiyi of Fehua Taiji in 1552, and thus maintained a small shrine to the Sun Clan ancestors. As such, the Sun Clan had received security clearance to enter the palace on religious grounds. On one afternoon in 4297, fifteen-year-old Sun Luhan accompanied his great-grandfather, Sun Yue, to the shrine. In passing through the palatial gardens, he spotted Kyunghee reading alone by a koi pond, and claims to have been immediately struck by her beauty. The two quickly became friends that summer and autumn, with Sun Luhan making many trips to "pray" at the family's shrine.

Official portrait of Princess Kyunghee reading the works of Master Jenshi (Courtesy: Sun Clan)

In conversation with Luhan, he also reflects upon his father's death that spring, referring to Kyunghee as his "savior" in helping him deal with his grief. It was also during the winter that Luhan confessed his feelings to the Princess on the first snowfall. She did not accept them: "The political situation in Dankuk meant that I would be joining my father in Dankuk in the new year, and though of course I felt the same way, I also felt helpless against what seemed to be my fate." After Kyunghee and her family returned to Dankuk in 4298, Luhan grew increasingly secluded. To make matters worse during this period, the media began to report extensively on his life. The public became growingly fascinated with the question of who he would marry. For Luhan, there was only one answer. During her time in Indrala, Kyunghee became interested in ancient Indralan texts. Thus, when Luhan said goodbye to her, he handed her a proverb from an ancient text by Sima Gouzhi, disciple of Jenshi: "愿得一心人,白首不相离" (When you catch someone’s heart, you will never be apart).

Sun Luhan committed himself to his studies. Accounts from Sun Clan servants report that the 16-year-old locked himself in his room for nearly 20 hours every day, never resting from his studies. At the age of 17, Sun passed the Indralan Scholastic Ability Test (ISAT) with high marks and begged his great-grandfather to allow him to study at Gongmangdo University in Dankuk. Seeing it as an opportunity for his downtrodden great-grandson to escape the purview of the incessant Indralan media, he accepted.

During his time in Dankuk, Sun desperately tried to reconnect with the Princess, but it was difficult. As a foreign-private citizen, it was not easy to get ahold of the House of Ryeo. Indeed, the Princess had been required by her family to end all communication with Sun. It wasn't until the intervention of his great-grandfather, Sun Yue, in 4303 that Emperor Choeson V agreed to let the two meet in Gongmangdo. Under extensive security, the two met at night in a small Kunihito garden. The Princess reflects that she tried to remain composed and reserved, having been told that this should be their last meeting. However, when Luhan handed her another proverb, she read it and wept. The proverb, by Zhongzhi Lin, read "有缘千里来相会" (Separated as we are, thousands of miles apart, we come together as if by destiny).

The couple looks out across the Sun Li Pavillion's emmaculate garden at night (Courtesy: Sun Clan)

Thus the two began a clandestine relationship which would culminate in one raining evening in 4304, with Sun Luhan kneeling on the bricks leading to the Beonyeongsalm Palace Throne Hall. Without sleep, the young noble would stay in this position for 31 hours, until eventually, the Emperor would emerge, granting Sun the permission to marry his daughter. It is said that the Emperor had his reservations as Sun's noble claim was not recognized officially in Indrala at the time, though these are all rumours. "I told Kyunghee that I had decided I would not live my life without her beside me, and with this determination, I was able to kneel before my father-in-law for 31 hours until he accepted my love for his daughter."

Sun Luhan nor the Princess would give any details on how they officially became engaged, other than to say it occurred in 4306. Sun returned to Indrala in 4306 to be with his great-grandfather, who was ill. Noting the growing political instability in Dankuk, Sun pleaded the Princess to move in Indrala, but she intitially resisted: "Not only were we not married, but my father needed all the support he could get. My father believes that all Dranians deserve to live freely; I feel the same way, and as such it was not easy to leave him." Nonetheless, Princess Kyunghee arrived in Indrala in 4307, expecting a short trip. Unfortunately, during her visit, her father was deposed by the tyrannical and illegitimate pretender Taeyang Sang-ah, who officially declared herself "Empress" in 4309. The Ryeo clan has not been heard from since.

"I feel guilty each and every day. I haven't spoken to my father or any of my family members in far too long. I should have been with them. Luhan takes me to the temple each and every day and prays alongside me for their wellbeing. I hope they are recieving these prayers." Despite the political situation, the wedding this year will continue. "Luhan has always been with me, whether I saw him or not. He is the only person I can trust to support me today and into eternity"

Grabbing her hand, Sun Luhan simply looked at her and smiled. The wedding will be a private ceremony, with only 10 guests, despite an online petition which garnered over 200,000 signatures demanding the Indralan government to hold a state-ceremony. "This isn't our desire. We hope that the people will continue to support our love, but this isn't what we want."

RESPONSES FROM OFFICIALS:

GRAND CHANCELLOR LO ZONGRU: The engagement of Sun Luhan and the Ryeo Princess is a momentous occasion for our nation. It is a shame it is not even more grand of an event, as it would've been in the era of the Celestial Empire. Nonetheless, this is a refreshing reminder of the historic Dranian-Indralan relationship and it highlights the cultural connections our two nations possess. While the Ryeo Dynasty may have been tragically toppled by delusional self-proclaimed living gods, their legacy is still strong and irremovable from Dankuk's national identity. We hope that one day both of our nations can restore our ancient monarchies. Until then, we engagements such as this to give us a happy reminder of our continuing heritage.

FORMER-GRAND CHANCELLOR AND LEADER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ZHANG ZEMIN: I sincerely congratulate Sun Luhan and Princess Kyunghee on their engagement. In times of darkness and defeat, it is beautiful to see the light of hope in your love.

LOTUS PARTY LEADER KWAN ZHIYONG: Each family has its own difficult scripture. We hope that this marriage will bring happiness and harmony to the Ryeo's and to the Sun Clan, and indeed to the people of Dankuk and Indrala.

REFORMIST PARTY CO-LEADERS JIN JIANHONG AND GENERAL XUN FEN: The Reformists send personal congratulations to Sun Luhan and Princess Kyunghee for their engagement. Naturally, relationships of any kind, whether in the public spotlight or not, should remain distinctly apolitical. We do hope however, that their engagement will help stir up, as it inevitably will, further debate on our relationship with Dankuk, in order to put more pressure on Indrala to act. If you like, we believe Princess Kyunghee must be the catalyst for Indralan intervention in Dankuk.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Zongxian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:34 am

New Gains for Phoenix Party in Early Elections

July 3, 3610
TIAN'AN, HAN

The recent dissolution of the National Awakening Party (NAP) led to new elections, only a year since the Phoenix Party's surprise win last summer, and outcome has shown increasing public confidence in the leadership of Grand Chancellor Lo Zongru. Quite a different outcome from his less-than-one-percent victory in 4309, Grand Chancellor Lo secured victory in the first round of voting with a healthy lead over his Republican predecessor, Zhang Zemin. And in the National Conference, with the NAP vacancies now filled, it is clear that the coalition government established by Grand Chancellor Lo will continue for the Phoenix Party, Lotus Party, and the Reformists.

In the first year of his Chancellery, Lo has overseen the beginning of Indralan military intervention in Hulstria alongside a number of other World Congress member states. The government has also been exploring expanded sanctions on Dankuk, which has now effectively eliminated its opposition and set up a police state. Domestically, the Phoenix Party successfully implemented new regulations on tobacco products, restricting the products to adults and prohibiting use in most places of employment. The Tobacco Regulation Act has been praised by public health advocates and the Phoenix Party has declared that this type of legislation is only the beginning of their larger vision for helping create a healthier and more prosperous citizenry.

Grand Chancellor Lo Praises Revival of the Okatori

July 7, 3610
TIAN'AN, HAN

News of the identification and rescue of Nakashima Morihito, determined to be the best candidate for the throne of Gao-Soto, was lauded by Grand Chancellor Lo Zongru as a great moment for broader Gao-Showa culture. Lo congratulated the Hulstrian government-in-exile on their success in finding the most appropriate heir for the Phoenix Throne and he provided praise for the Kurosawa Clan.
Zongxian

Postby TreeHugger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:12 pm

ZHANG ZEMIN TO RESIGN AS LEADER OF THE REPUBLICANS

April 1, 4311
Zhang Zemin, three term Grand Chancellor and leader of the Republicans for the last twenty four years, has announced he will resign as leader of the Republican Party as soon as a new leader is selected at the party's convention in 4312. Mr. Zhang will remain as leader of the Republicans in the National Conference, representing the Republican Party and its constituents until his replacement is named. The decision comes after a long and successful political career as the leader of Indrala's largest political party, which led to three consecutive terms as Grand Chancellor of Indrala. A statement from the ex-Grand Chancellor is expected later in the day.

Zhang Zemin pictured in February of 4311

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4311
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 pm

The Kaizhou Inquirer - April 4311
The Kaizhou Inquirer is northern Indrala's leading periodical, reporting on politics, culture and economics

EXCLUSIVE: Footage and Photos from Sun Clan Wedding
The Kaizhou Inquirer was able to obtain exclusive footage and photos, courtesy of the Sun Clan
Wedding oil painting of Sun Luhan and Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk (a: Ru Changtai)

The Sun Clan agreed to share footage from the wedding of Sun Luhan and Princess Kyunghee of Dankuk, which occurred earlier in this month exclusively with the Kaizhou Inquirer.

(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 am

These are the most viewed stories from the Tian'an Times online homepage

1 APRIL 4311

Republican Leader and Three Term Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin To Resign
Three term Grand Chancellor's career was full of achievement and tragedy.

TIAN'AN, HAN
ex-Grand Chancellor and leader of the Republicans Zhang Zemin has announced that he will be resigning as leader of the Republicans as soon as his replacement is selected at the Republican Convention in 4312. The announcement comes after a disappointing election where he placed a distant second to current Phoenix Party Grand Chancellor Lo Zongru. Despite his failure to win the Chancellery, his party managed to gain back much of the 50+ seats it had lost over the past decade. The positive result for the Republicans points towards a bright future for the party even without Zhang Zemin at the helm.

LEGACY
Zhang Zemin is a well traveled politician in Indralan politics. His career started when he successfully ousted former Republican Chancellor Xuan Shuren amidst the Xiandai Revelations. From that moment, he continued to build the Republican brand and had famously worked night and day to fix the party's image. He was famously quoted saying
Thank you for your trust. I have only this to say: It is time for us to be humble. We will not celebrate or toast to our future until our party is rebuilt and retooled. It is time for a rebirth of this party. From her ashes, Song Yi will be born again through each and every one of us. We will never lose our compassion again.
After this moment, Zhang Zemin became a rising star. He sacrificed his life saving a baby during Typhoon Yutu and despite falling ill, managed to lead the Republicans to impressive election showings. His chancellery began in 4296 and was spread over the course of 9 years. He is most known for bolstering Indrala's international reputation and carrying the legacy of Lotus Party Chancellor Huang Zitao after his premature death. Zhang Zemin's bi-partisan cooperation stirred controversy within the Republican ranks, however he persisted and managed to maintain a stable government for nearly a decade. All eyes point to the future however, as the Republicans must choose a new leader to wrangle their base and look towards winning the hearts and minds of Indralans in the next election.

CHOICES
There are only three candidates who have thrown their hats into the leadership ring so far: ex-Internal Affairs minister Chang Ruogang, disgruntled farmer Ren Zedong and, and potentially the biggest name in the hat: Xiandai CFO Wang Junpyo. The three candidates will face off in debate within the next few months, hoping to win the minds of enough delegates to secure a victory.

Image Image
Xiandai CFO Wang Junpyo and ex-Foreign Affairs minister Chang Ruogang

While many look to the leadership election as an indication of the direction of the Republicans moving forward, there are rumours surfacing that Zhang Zemin has already lost hope in his party and its brand. A recent vote in the National Conference saw Zhang Zemin defy his party and vote in favour of recognizing the heirs of Choeson V (ex. Princess/Prince of Dankuk) to recognized as legitimate by the Republic of Indrala. The Republicans, having been founded on the principles of the republic, have been staunchly fighting the recent royal fascination of Indralans. It is Zhang Zemin's defiance, however, which signals the beginning of the end for the Republicans. They will never be able to achieve the same bi-partisan cooperation as they once did the Mr. Zhang at the helm as long as they oppose the romantic return of the monarchy...

Ex-Grand Chancellor Xuan Shuren Found Guilty in Indralair Flight 692 Investigation
Xuan Shuren pictured in 4278

HAZHOU, SHU
In a dramatic turn of events, the Indralair Flight 692 accident investigation has come to a close following the arrest of former Republican Chancellor Xuan Shuren. Mr. Xuan is guilty on 144 counts of murder, 2 counts of bribery, 5 counts of corruption, 16 counts of soliciting prostitution from a minor and a single count of treason. The charges amount to 275 years behind bars. Supreme Prosecutor Yuan Zeng Guang laid out the offences during Xuan Shuren's private trial:
SUPREME PROSECUTOR YUAN ZENG GUANG: Mr. Xuan. You are responsible for the deaths of all 144 passengers of Indralair flight 692. You are guilty of one-hundred-and-forty-four counts of murder through pursing personal accumulation of wealth through stocks held by your family in Xiandai Corporation by forcing unrealistic deadlines on the production of the X400 jet during it's development which sacrificed the safety of the entire X400 program - which subsequently caused this crash.

You have been found guilty of two counts of bribing Xiandai officials with tax incentives and senior advisor positions in order to make a profit on the production and sale of X400 jet that your government invested in.

You are guilty on five counts of corruption for: seeking personal profit through government means, seeking profit for your family through government means, seeking wealth for your political allies, including former chair of the Republican Party Lao My, Soliciting prostituiton while holding a government position, and soliciting prostitution on the taxpayer's dime.

You are also guilty of sixteen counts of soliciting prostitution from minors, including 4 specific accounts found through investigation which detail your use of government planes as a personal pleasure craft for illegal sex with minors and prostitutes.

You Mr. Xuan, are guilty and are hereby sentenced to 275 years with no chance for parole.

The Prosecutor mentioned former Republican Party President Liao My, who was previously arrested for numerous charges of perjury, bribery, coercion, leaking government secrets, failing to appear in court, resisting arrest and embezzlement. Liao My is long dead.

Indralair flight 692 wreckage on the slopes of Mount Gao, Anle

The seemingly endless list of charges come years after the Indralair Flight 692 incident happened. SPS agents have been working for nearly a decade to get to the bottom of the crash, and were speculated to have found the culprit during a SPS raid on the Xiandai Commercial Jet Manufacturing Centre in Shu all the way back in 4306. It is now known that what investigators found at Xiandai HQ was far reaching and beyond the scope of Xiandai themselves. The investigation into Indralair 692 connects many dots, and closes many doors, as the Xiandai Revelations scandal which had brought down the former Chancellor in 4283 are now finally over. Xiandai is curiously innocent in these revelations, and have not been charged in the conclusion of the investigation. Some spectators point to the possibiltiy of a deal made between Xiandai and the SPS to expose Xuan Shuren in change for immunity, but only time will tell what else lies beyond the veil of the unknown.

More to come...
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Last edited by Wu Han on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

PreviousNext

Return to National News