Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:38 pm

CHANG RUOGANG WINS LEADERSHIP ELECTION

November 13, 4312
At 9:42pm local time, the results of the Republican Leadership Race were announced at Republican Party HQ (RPHQ) in Hazhou, Shu Province. In an upset vote, Chang Ruogang became the fourth leader of Republicans with a majority of 263 delegates - thirteen more than the majority threshold. Ms. Chang brings experience and passion to the Republicans. She has served both as Internal Affairs minister and critic over the last decade, and has seen both sides of the fence. Chang Ruogang has stirred the party's base and called for massive deregulations and protection of farmers. Her platform was wide-ranging, with topics concerning international disputes, all the way to empowering the mothers and fathers of Shu. This fresh approach to leadership will prove to be a stark contrast to the cooperative nature of Zhang Zemin, who has distanced himself from the Republican Party brand. Party insiders have been relentless in critiquing the former leader and three-term Grand Chancellor for being too soft and easily pliable. Worry no more, as Chang Ruogang promises to stand up to the big boys in Tian'an and fight for the so called "underdogs of the republic" - that is - the farmers of Shu.

Ms. Chang promises to bring party back to its roots with focus on farmer's rights

In her victory speech, Ms. Chang outlined her promises to Indralans:
CHANG RUOGANG: Thank you mothers and fathers, thank you! Wow! My, my wow. It is so encouraging to see all of you mothers and fathers here smiling for me this evening. I promise you will never feel left a lone after tonight. I will bring this party back to a seaworthy state! And don't you forget... this party stands for the REPUBLIC! We will fight for the republic until our blood turns black!

I'd like to congratulate Wang Junpyo on his performance, however I give him words of caution: the Republicans do not hesitate to give the boot to a big Tian'an boy like you! Ha! And to Ren Zedong, I give you my sincere congratulations and offer to cooperate with you as we build this party back from the base all the way up again! Let the purge of big suits begin. No more Zhang sympathizers in this party. There is no room for you. We are serious, we are critical, we are farmers!

As the sun sets tonight, I wish for all of you, my fellow Republicans, to look towards the dawn, for we will have the greatest yields in centuries tomorrow! Let the work begin!

Thank you!

Ms. Chang's speech was met with applause and furious cheers from many clothed farmers present at RPHQ. However, several party members opted to leave the convention hall after the results were announced, citing frustration with the delegate system and the unwillingness to support Chang Ruogang.

Detailed results show the implications of the delegate system on the outcome of the election

These results have not come without controversy, as many in the party's more centrist ranks are criticizing the decision to move forward with a delegate system rather than a direct election. If conventional party rules were used, Xiandai CFO Wang Junpyo would have one the leadership. Party officials have defended the decision, however - saying that the party would have lost its course and veered further off course than Zhang Zemin has already left us. The delegate system was a way to ensure the preservation and longevity of not only the Republicans, but the entire Republic of Indrala as well.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4312
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm

LP-404 PASSES: INDRALA TO RECOGNIZE SEPTEMBERIST GOVERNMENT
5 JUNE 4313

TIAN'AN, Han -- Despite the Reformists and Republicans stating they would not support LP-404, a change in the Republican leadership led to the Lotus Party gaining a constitutional majority on LP-404 to officially recognize the United Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto
Last edited by Wu Han on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Martinulus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Wu Han » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

OOC: I had this post ready but forgot to post it, so it's a little outdated, but nonetheless I think it was good enough to keep

This is the most viewed story from the Tian'an Times online homepage

Kwan Zhiyong, LP Leader, Holds Town Hall Meetings Across Northern Indrala
Kwan speaks with a constituent in Lanbao, Min

YINCHENG, Jiaozhi (17 November 4312) -- Following election results which saw the Lotus Party, just a short while ago standing at the precipice of power, demoted to the increasingly-familiar third-party position, Leader Kwan Zhiyong has spent the past week touring Northern Indrala and speaking with voters.

Kwan was in Anle when Chang Ruogang was elected leader of the Republican Party on November 13th. Speaking to a room of constituents later that night, Kwan congratulated the new party leader, but it was also clear that the departure of Zhang Zemin may signal a change in the relationship between the Republican Party and the Lotus Party:
My congratulations to Leader Chang, who tonight was selected to lead her party moving forward. I would also like to offer my congratulations to Grand Chancellor Zhang on his retirement. Despite receiving just 32% of her party's vote, I hope that Leader Chang will be able to unite her party and offer the Republican vision for our country.

In Jugang, Jiaozhi, Kwan spoke briefly about the war in Hutori, stressing the importance of LP-405, which is expected to pass with all-party support, despite Republican and Reformist reservations during debate:
It is essential that the National Conference adopts this position as soon as possible so that we can coordinate our military actions with the Septermberist forces, and offer any and all material support which will see the end of the racist and illegitimate Hulstrian regime.

Kwan received considerable pushback during the Q&A portion of her town hall meetings in the traditional homeland of the left-leaning Lotus Party. One constituent told Kwan that he "ripped up" his Lotus Party membership card after the Lotus Party entered into a coalition with the Reformists. Kwan responded by promoting the agreement reached with the Reformist Party, as well as urging patience:
Look, we're not thrilled with it either, but we were able to receive a guarantee from the Reformist leadership that they would not attempt to privatize our public services during this term in government. We know that this situation is frustrating, but what is most important in these trying times is that we deliver a strong and stable government. Allowing the Phoenix Party to operate in a minority capacity would seriously threaten our stability.

In Yincheng, Kwan was asked about her position on a possible restoration of the monarchy. Indrala last discussed the monarchist question in the 4270s, when after a string of terrorist attacks, the Lotus Party withdrew from the Nationalist Party's pro-monarchist constitution. With the only other party being the Republican Party, the constitution failed.
Our position has always been clear. We have no desire to appoint a monarch or simply throw someone on the Dragon Throne and call it a day. Should another individual ever rule over this island from the Dragon Throne, that individual must have the Mandate of Heaven. Back in the 70s, we withdrew from the monarchist position after it was clear that the Nationalists wanted to implements some foreign, western-style elective monarchy. That is not in keeping with our Jienist traditions, and as such would only serve to denigrate the Dragon Throne.

Kwan has a busy month ahead, with even more townhalls scheduled across the country and a week dedicated to rural outreach.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 am

The Kaizhou Inquirer - May 4315
The Kaizhou Inquirer is northern Indrala's leading periodical, reporting on politics, culture and economics

Kwan Zhiyong Leads Lotus Party to First Administration in Two Decades
After two-decades in opposition, Kwan Zhiyong has been elected Grand Chancellor
Kwan Zhiyong, leader of the Lotus Party, on election night

TIAN'AN, Han -- In a surprise result, Kwan Zhiyong has been elected Grand Chancellor. This is the first time since 4295 that a Lotus Party administration has been elected to power. In a speech to her supporters in Tian'an, Kwan spoke of the importance of stability:
In these trying times, we need to put our differences aside and work to ensure the stability of the Republic. There are many aggressors around the world desperate to see us fall apart and attack each other; we must not fall to their cynicism. Indralans have proved time and time again, that when you bet against our country, you're going to lose! I sincerely thank Grand Chancellor Lo for his service to the Republic both in the armed forces and as the democratically-elected Leader of our nation for the past 9 years. I hope to continue our work with the Phoenix Party to ensure the best results for Indralans.

Indeed, the Grand Chancellor-elect has already put forward a cabinet reshuffle, dividing the administration equally between the Phoenix Party and the Lotus Party. With an equal number of seats, the two parties will have to work closely to ensure a steady government over the next five years. Additionally, the second ballot endorsement of Kwan by the Phoenix Party is largely responsible for her election to the position of Grand Chancellor.

Despite polls suggesting a drop in popularity for the Republicans following the departure of longtime leader and former-Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin, Chang Ruogang's Republicans have remained the largest party in the National Conference.

Concluding her speech, Kwan declared:
My responsibility will be to bring every woman and man together, ready to confront the immense challenges awaiting us, and to act. Let's continue to love Indrala. From this evening, and for the next five years, I am going to commit my body and soul to serving our nation on your behalf, with humility, devotion and determination. With love and fearlessness, I thank you all!

Lotus Party election ad

Cammy Award for Indralan Television Series Indicates Rise in 'Ying-Pop' Felt Around World
WBC CEO says Indralan media is becoming "dominant" internationally
Title card of the WBC docuseries "Guidao Quan: Peace and Power"

AUGUSTA, Cobura -- Recognized for its "well-written storyline," and "positive impact on Indralan youths," the state-broadcaster WBC has achieved international acclaim for the 4303 docuseries Guidao Quan: Peace and Power at the IFSO "Cammy" Awards, where it was given the top honour. After airing, the docuseries was received with mixed reviews in Indrala. While many applauded the cinematography and historical accuracy of the series, others criticized the exposure of "child abuse" inside the Shanyang Monastery where the series was filmed. Nonetheless, many Indralans have celebrated the award, claiming that it symbolizes the power of Indralan culture on the world stage.

ImageImage
Clips from the docuseries, courtesy of the Wehua Broadcasting Corporation

WBC CEO Tan Guiying has attributed the win to the "progress of Indralan democracy." According to CEO Tan, the rise in authoritarianism in Sekowo and Dankuk mirrored by a rise in democratic freedom in Indrala has led to a Dovanian entertainment market in which Indrala is dominant. For example, as the NCP regime in Dankuk placed extreme restrictions on television and radio, Kyo-pop, once a powerful force in Dovani has become severely hindered. Meanwhile, Indrala's comparable Ying-pop industry centred in Jiaozhi has been on the rise since the 4250s.

The Indralan entertainment industry has also directly prospered due to the Dranian regime through the large number of Kyo directors, producers and performers who fled to Indrala seeking refugee status. Their experience has led to vast improvements in the quality of Ying-pop and the Indralan film industry, which were regarded as comical and hackneyed by much of the world just 75 years ago. Times have changed, as demonstrated by the 4212 IFSO Cammy Awards, wherein Indralan television programs made up 56% of all nominations. According to Zhang Zetien, Professor of Film Studies at Enshi University, the Indralan entertainment industry is now "without a doubt the largest in the world, producing the highest volume of content compared to any other competitor."

ImageImage
ImageImage
Various Ying-pop music videos

The growing popularity of Indralan pop culture in many parts of the world has prompted the government to support the creative industries as a form of soft power and in its aim of becoming one of the world's leading exporters of culture. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has, in the past, sent thousands of USB drives filled with Indralan television dramas and pop music to regimes across Dovani, seeking to expose those under authoritarian oppression to the prosperity of Indralan democracy. The proliferation of historical television dramas has also been applauded for exposing traditional Indralan architecture, literature, music and dress to a younger audience. Some in the country, however, have taken issue with the way in which Ying-pop displays Indralan culture to the world.

"The idea that someone in, I don't know, Dundorf, might think that these girls with short skirts and boys grinding on the floor represent who we are is an offence to my ancestors," says Dai Jun, President of the Jiaozhi Coalition of Conservative Parents, "What's even worse is that our young people are actually following these disgusting trends!" In May, the Jiaozhi Coalition of Conservative Parents plans to protest the "rampant sexuality and promiscuity" of Ying-pop outside the WBC headquarters in Kaizhou, Jiaozhi.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:05 pm

DANKUK REMOVES DICTATOR TAEYANG SANG-AH
1 NOVEMBER 4315

TIAN'AN, Han -- Spontaneous lantern lightings have taken place across the country as the Indralan public celebrates the abolition of the monarchy in Dankuk. Taeyang Sang-Ah, officially referred to as Taeyang-saekki by government officials (Kyo: Taeyang, the bastard), assumed power by force in December of 4309 after dethroning Emperor Choesun V of the House of Ryeo and proclaiming herself Empress. The Grand Chancellor spoke at a rally in Tian'an, where she praised the Dranian Government:
Today a pro-democratic government representing the popular ambition and dreams of Dranians to live free has officially ended the reign of a tyrant. In the history of Dankuk, a dark and painful era is over. A hopeful day has arrived. All Dranians can now come together, reject authoritarianism and build a new future for their nation.

Lantern lighting in Taixi, Anle
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 am

CHANG RUOGANG ISSUES STATEMENTS ON BEHALF OF REPUBLICANS

Ms. Chang speaks with reporters

December 11, 4315
Republican leader Chang Ruogang discussed several topics in a media scrum outside of the National Conference Tuesday:
Chang Ruogang: Good afternoon, I'd like to offer some brief comments on the state of affairs within our country today.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, talks about the return of the monarchy to Indrala have escalated as of late. I'm here to assure you that this will not happen as long as I am alive. It is the official position of myself and my party that any mention of royal privilege should be met with grave consequences, and my caucus will be pursuing legislative action towards punishing these beliefs.

Second, I need to comment on the election results. As far as I'm concerned, the results were fabricated from the moment the first results dropped. I firmly believe this. Kwan Zhiyong is a disgrace to this country and she has falsely claimed the right to the Chancellery. Her government is attempting to seize ultimate control over the country through the return of the monarchy. I will not stand for this. I hope to see Indralan citizens take action on this matter and claim their democracy back. Watch your back Ms. Kwan.

Next, I will turn your attention to Food and Agriculture critic Kang Yuhan to talk about our upcoming plans to help Indralan farmers...
Reporter Xu Mei: Ms. Chang! Ms. Chang! What do you have to say about several Republican detractors who have publicized their distaste with your leadership?

Chang Ruogang: You're a chirpy one, aren't you. You should be ashamed of yourself for interrupting Mr. Kang. Nevertheless, I will respond.

First of all, I've issued commands to the Republican Party leadership to immediately seek and remove any and all Zhang Zemin sympathizers within our party. There has been significant dissent within the party as of late, and it is my job as leader to unite us. Republicans stand united around our core principles of small government, low taxes and a strong agricultural sector. For any of those who disagree with these principles I say this: we will find you, we will expose you, we will make you believe.

Thank to chirpy Ms. Xu, this press conference is over. Thanks for coming everyone.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4315
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 am

EX-GRAND CHANCELLOR ZHANG ZEMIN CALLS CHANG RUOGANG "DANGEROUS"
December 11, 4315

HAIWAN, Anle -- Former Grand Chancellor and Republican leader Zhang Zemin has come out against his successor Chang Ruogang, calling her "dangerous, divisive and unstable." The comments come after Ms. Chang's recent flirtation with purging members of her own party, as well as suggesting that Indralan citizens should threaten the current Grand Chancellor, Kwan Zhiyong.

More to come...
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Published by the Lotus Party of Indrala: Luthorian Edition
SPRING 4316

THE Grand Chancellor observed war games on the coast of Mudanwan on January 22, 4316. This was the largest military exercise since 4290. The exercise lasted for around a 9 days and included naval vessels, helicopters, combat aircraft, missiles, and drones. Cybernetic warfare was also simulated. Thousands of professional soldiers from around Northern Indrala partook in the drill.

The exercise has placed an emphasis on air-force tactics, naval warfare tactics and ground warfare tactics. These drills come as the Grand Chancellor spoke to the National Conference of the importance of a strong military, able to act in defence of Indrala's interests abroad.

Speaking to soldiers taking part in the drills, the Grand Chancellor said in part:
If there was any doubt before, I am now resolutely certain of one thing: the men and women of the Indralan Armed Forces are the strongest, most capable group in the world. Your country is so proud of all that you do. I thank you deeply for your patriotism. To Our Eternal Victory!

THE Lotus Party has continued to achieve big wins in the National Conference, with the government passing a number of legislative bills increasing regulation on the untamed beast of gambling, supporting Indrala's cultural industries, taking weapons off our streets and bringing back health and safety legislation for workers. It is a fact that no other party achieves as much in the first term of government as the Lotus Party does consistently.

The government also defeated a number of dangerous bills from the Official Opposition, including R-404 which would have seen Dranian political refugees thrown onto the streets with no support.

In the Fall Legislative Sitting, the government will be introducing a range of legislation on expanding the Indralan Scholarship Fund, protecting children from dangerous vices and lowering taxes. In sum, the government is committed on delivering the best results for Indralans as quickly as possible.

THE Grand Chancellor has been meeting with advisors and experts on putting together a new foreign policy initiative for the Fifth Republic. The last foreign policy review conducted in Indrala was by the Lotus Party while in opposition in 4300.

The new initiative, titled Indrala Wants In!, will be a complete reversal from the isolationist policies of the past, with the government advocating for a more equal and active relationship in Seleya and lowering the barriers to trade in the Anantonese Ocean. Speaking to a panel of experts, the Grand Chancellor said:
Of the 28 nations where Anantonese waters wash on their shores, only 6 are classified as having an economy which is "strong" or "very strong." Increasing market access across Dovani and Seleya would bring a transformative amount of capital to the respective regions, thus ushering in the largest economic surge in the history of the world. Our government is dedicated to increasing trade in the Anantonese Ocean and we will work closely with our international colleagues to ensure that this is possible.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 am

EX-GRAND CHANCELLOR ZHANG ZEMIN STROKES OUT
July 20, 4316

HANZHOU, Shu -- Former Grand Chancellor and Republican leader Zhang Zemin has suffered a stroke, according to several sources. The 78-year-old previously suffered health issues following the famous Typhoon Yutu incident, in which Zhang Zemin saved a baby's life during the deadly storm.

More to come...
TreeHugger

PreviousNext

Return to National News