OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby cm9777 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 am

As some of you may already know, players were asked in a poll what sort of global rp they would like to see/participate in next. The Option for a 2nd Great War won out and we will need to begin planning the RP.

What we need, part 1: We need a register of nations which will be involved. This needs to be publically posted. Each nation should have some designated player which runs point for it.
Why we need that: We need to understand who is participating (for part 2), and we need to understand who can "speak" for that nation as we coordinate this RP.

What we need, part 2: We need an overarching outline made which incorporates the general roles of each nation and timing of events. This won't dictate RP on a post-by-post basis, but it will highlight generally important events, the way the war begins and ends, etc.
Why we need that: This will ensure everyone knows in general and beforehand what to expect the outcome of the war to be, and nobody ends up rage quitting because somebody shoots (to steal Doc's phrase, which basically means somebody goes way off base and makes a move nobody likes). This will also allow us to make sure we involve everyone meaningfully.

What we need, part 3: In accordance with rule 21.3:

23.1 Role-play events between nations, such as wars, will be officially recognised if before they are commenced, in all of the concerned nations a RP event bill outlining the event is approved by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote) and over 50% of the seats in the legislature. This bill must specify the necessary and possible consequences of the role-play event, as well as a clause that deals with the eventuality of one or more players becoming absent for more than a specified time, and how such an absence is to be interpreted in in-game terms.

In every nation that will be participating, we need an identical RP Event bill proposed and properly passed. (The RP Team will probably create a sort of template for this?)

Based upon the Nations participating and the diplomatic alignment of said nations, we will be able to determine sides (or at least the war leader/s of the opposing sides)

List of Nations Participating
cm9777

Re: OOC: Planning for The 2nd Great Terran War

Postby cm9777 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:06 am

Here is a proposed draft of the consent bill to be involved in the war. This is the same template as the one used in the original Great Terran War

Link to OOC forum thread for info on the war: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7739&p=126768#p126768

In Accordance with Rule 23.1, which states:

"23.1 Role-play events between nations, such as wars, will be officially recognised if before they are commenced, in all of the concerned nations a RP event bill outlining the event is approved by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote) and over 50% of the seats in the legislature. This bill must specify the necessary and possible consequences of the role-play event, as well as a clause that deals with the eventuality of one or more players becoming absent for more than a specified time, and how such an absence is to be interpreted in in-game terms."

All Parties voting for this OOC RP Resolution consent to participation of [Nation] in the "Particracy's World War RP" found at: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7740, specifically along the lines outlined in the fully updated and amended Original Post of that Thread. This thread outlines the necessary and possible consequences of the role-play event. [Nation] reserves the right to ignore "shoot" RPs where they adversely effect [Nation] or the overall RP and which are not planned out in advance between [Nation] and one or more other players, and [Nation] agrees not to "shoot" RPs on its own, but to stick with the "booked" angles, generally in line with the events described in the thread.

According to the rules, this resolution will bind all players in [Nation] to conduct the RP through the duration, or until such time as [Nation] sues for peace in RP. It may only be passed by 2/3rds of all active RL players in [Nation] who also have seats, and then only if that number is more than 50% of the IG Legislature.

If [Nation] players do not RP for more than 7 RL days without prior notice, it shall be assumed that [Nation]'s Government IG has fallen and [Nation] will immediately be considered to have sued for peace under terms favorable to [Nation]'s opponents, but which in no way otherwise pose an existential threat to [Nation]'s national integrity or sovereignty. In this event [Nation] agrees to accept the terms of the surrender, which will remain binding on [Nation] until a RL player returns to renegotiate the terms. In the event of a surrender, [Nation] may not rejoin the RP at a later time.

This resolution will take effect immediately upon receiving the requisite number of votes, and the actual passage of the bill will serve as ratification.
cm9777

Postby Corvo Attano » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:22 am

I wouldn't mind if Malivia lost if we didn't lose our rankings.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:34 am

Corvo Attano wrote:I wouldn't mind if Malivia lost if we didn't lose our rankings.

We can probably work something out but we need a full picture of who will be involved first.
cm9777

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:22 pm

You've got some real balls trying to coordinate this gang :lol:

I can offer Kalkalistan's participation and potentially Egelion's eventually. I'd suggest that we identify some kind of "dividing line" between countries and then build your participating countries around that. The military rankings can probably help in this regard since it's unlikely that a large-scale conflict with all three Great Powers on one side could be sustained. Another option, of course, is that the Great Powers aren't involved until later on. Personally, I think it makes sense to utilise the World Congress in this conflict because it has caused so many. Perhaps it makes some kind of controversial decision and then you have two parallel sides, one which wants to respect/enforce the decision and one which is opposed to it. On top of that, it might also be interesting if the outcome of the war is the establishment of a new body (as the UN was set up after WW2) with the victors coming to dominate (as the Allies do on the SC).
jamescfm

Postby Arapaima13 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm

I think Kalopia would definitely get involved - all of the parties are rather militaristic and it wouldn't take much for them to declare war.

In terms of how the war may begin one possible option may be if Solentia did reelect the FNB because of the heightened tension currently. Its a bit of a stretch because naturally Istalia are pulled in almost immediately, but if there was a large-ish nation who was willing to support Solentia then that might spill over into a global war.

Another possibility right now could be Dorvik and Valruzia?

The problem is that there isn't much friction between nations currently, and it would be difficult to find a set of lower power nations that could fight first before the larger powers get in without it being overtly artificial.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:35 am

Well I am in Aldegar and I am going to do what I can to become an Imperialistic power with some bombastic attitudes. That's friction, no?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 am

Arapaima13 wrote:The problem is that there isn't much friction between nations currently, and it would be difficult to find a set of lower power nations that could fight first before the larger powers get in without it being overtly artificial.

Not necessarily. For a large country to involve itself in a conflict there needs to be either a risk to the integrity or security of that country, a strategic interest which can be furthered by entering the war or some kind of great moral dilemma to be resolved. In most cases, all three factor in but there's no doubt that the latter is the least important. For example, none of the three great powers would have any reason to involve themselves in a conflict between Mordusia and Alduria.

Auditorii wrote:Well I am in Aldegar and I am going to do what I can to become an Imperialistic power with some bombastic attitudes. That's friction, no?

Aldegar actually seems like an ideal place for this conflict, given that there's no clear dominant power in Seleya. You and I were discussing the Ikpi people in Aldegar yesterday, perhaps ethnic cleansing of these people could be the catalyst for the outbreak of war. Although we'd have to speak to the players, Mordusia/Saridan could resent the influx of refugees and if Aldegar is behaving aggressively anyway, this could be enough to spark conflict. Obviously, we'd need to consider how that becomes an international conflict (probably would require setting up some alliances and such).
jamescfm

Postby Arapaima13 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm

jamescfm wrote:Personally, I think it makes sense to utilise the World Congress in this conflict because it has caused so many. Perhaps it makes some kind of controversial decision and then you have two parallel sides, one which wants to respect/enforce the decision and one which is opposed to it. On top of that, it might also be interesting if the outcome of the war is the establishment of a new body (as the UN was set up after WW2) with the victors coming to dominate (as the Allies do on the SC).

I quite like this idea. Perhaps someone can bring up "national sovereignty" again, as that caused quite a lot of conflict in and around the Vorona Slavery Crisis and the Badaran Civil War. People tend to get quite edgy when the Security Council goes around getting involved slightly too much. I know that Cobura have been running a security council campaign, and could just about get in. Perhaps tensions between them and the "establishment" of the security council could spark something.

However, there would need to be something else, and I agree that using Aldegar in some way is the best way in getting Seleya involved.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Aethan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm

For my part, I can try to make Selucia involved in the RP but keeping the Selucian participation in international affairs as I've been doing for the past two centuries: a nation that rathers colaborates with medical teams and health neccesities rather than fighting itself. (a "Red Cross" nation)
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Next

Return to General