Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Jienists and Lotus Parties Agree on Education, Urge Discussions on Monarchy Restoration

After a series of intensive meetings, the Jien-Democratic Party has managed to convince the Lotus Party that the two political entities agree on education policy. In a bid to gain the education and culture post, Jiang Jun, chairman of the JDP, met with Grand Chancellor Kwan to reduce tensions and build understanding. Dr. Jiang relayed the JDP's devotion to strengthening Yingdala's education, reminding the Grand Chancellor that the JDP has a millennia long history of putting education near the top of their goals and making it a "force to be reckoned with" in Terra. He also stated that the JDP would like to see a restoration of the examination system for civil and military officials, along with the public education system (ranging from universities to elementary schools) that would train Yingdala's future civil servants.

Given the mutual understanding on education policy, Dr. Jiang, who is expected to become the minister of education and culture in the next cabinet, plans to make the restoration of the monarchy a cornerstone of culture policy. He will form a special committee to discuss the restoration, which will include all of the party leaders, including leaders of non-representative parties, and the Grand Chancellor, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense, Minister of Education and Culture, Minister of Environment and Tourism, and the Minister of Trade and Industry. The ultimate goal will be to discuss what the monarchy would look like, specifically the style of monarchy, along with the responsibilities and claims. It is expected that the JDP will officially endorse the Wu Clan as claimants to the Dragon Throne.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:10 am

This is the most viewed story from the Tian'an Times online homepage

31 December 4326

Interview with Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin
The former Grand Chancellor has been taking it easy in his residence, having just suffered a stroke.

© 4326 Yuan Xinya, Tian'an Times

HAZHOU, SHU The following is an excerpt from an exclusive interview with former Grand Chancellor of Indrala, Zhang Zemin. The topics of this interview include the state of Indralan politics, the future of the Republican party, and the health of Mr. Zhang. This interview was conducted by highly revered Indralan journalist and author, Yuan Xinya
YUAN XINYA: Good morning Mr. Zhang, it is an honour to speak with you this morning. How is your health?
ZHANG ZEMIN: Good morning Ms. Yuan, it is my pleasure. I am doing ok, thanks for asking.

YUAN XINYA: Great to hear, I understand that you are recovering from your second stroke since retiring from Indralan politics. May I ask, has life outside of the National Conference, perhaps, stressed you out?
ZHANG ZEMIN: Well stressed out may be an understatement, Ms. Yuan. *chuckles and coughs* But in all seriousness, I have been suffering greatly in my time outside of the political sphere. Ever since my successor (Chang Ruogang) was chosen, my heart has felt great pain. My doctor has determined this stress and pain to be the cause of my ailment.

YUAN XINYA: So this must explain your recent activism in Tian'an then, such as your denouncement of Chang Ruogang's leadership, and the creation of the "Centrists for Monarchy" Organization, correct?
ZHANG ZEMIN: Correct, yes. My doctor believes that the only cure to my sickness is to surround myself in the political culture that I thrive on. Maybe that's not the best description... I'd say it's more of a calling, or a duty perhaps. You see, recently I've immersed myself in ancient Jienist readings and have done some serious soul searching. I have conversed with spiritual advisors and have met with members of the Sun Clan on numerous occasions, all so I can enlighten myself in Indralan tradition.

YUAN XINYA: So, pardon my interruption, it seems as though you've fully embraced what you fought against for so long, no? Forgive my bluntness, but many Indralans would see it that way
ZHANG ZEMIN: Well perhaps many may see it that way, but, to be truthful, I have never explicitly denounced Jienist values or the Sun Clan outright. This recent expression of internal thoughts is more of a reflection of my view of modern Indrala. I sincerely believe that this country is at a crossroads. Our identity is withering away, and we must fight to protect the core values of Indrala. I don't see how angry voices such as that of Ms. Chang (Ruogang) help our country advance in any meaningful way.

YUAN XINYA: Then your faith in your party must be withering as well, no?
ZHANG ZEMIN: Absolutely. I am no longer afraid of simply admitting that the Republican party is dead. Not just the party itself, but the entire republican cause. As soon as I witnessed the love of Sun Luhan and Princess Kyunghee, I realized what this country has been missing. Sure, we have fortified ourselves as a legitimate international player, and sure, we have grown the Indralan economy significantly, but all along we have forgotten to grow the love in this country. That is why I have lost faith in the Republican party, and that is why I have begun the search for an alternative to Chang Ruogang's divisive rhetoric.

YUAN XINYA: Tell us about this alternative you are searching for, I must ask you now that you've mentioned it...
ZHANG ZEMIN: Well, alright. I guess this is going to be the big reveal. As most people know, I have started a political organization called Centrists for Monarchy, however this is only superficial compared to my ultimate goals. You see, many will know that I was a very moderate Republican Chancellor, just ask Huang Zitao *chuckles*, we worked together as almost a dual unit during my time as Grand Chancellor. Without that cooperation, without that openness, our country would not be where it is today. So, in light of this, I have decided to create a new party. This party will be a centrist movement and an alternative to the modern Republicans. I anticipate many current sitting Republicans to join us in the coming months, and I'm sure that we may even have members from the other parties consider our new movement. I have always valued cooperation and progress, and this new political movement will help Indrala realize its full potential.

YUAN XINYA: Well, Mr. Zhang... that is quite the news. I'm sure that we will all greatly anticipate your plans in the future. Until then I think we will have to wait.

It has been a pleasure speaking with you, and our readers always respond with positive feelings when we interview you. I wish you well and hope that your health continues to improve. Thank you again.
ZHANG ZEMIN: Thank you Ms. Yuan, it is my pleasure.
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:18 am

CHANG RUOGANG OUSTED BY OWN PARTY, DISSOLUTION OF REPUBLICAN PARTY TO PROCEED IMMEDIATELY

TIAN'AN, Han -- The Republican Party leadership has ousted leader Chang Ruogang, ICJ has just learned. The effort was lead by 14 senior Republican officials, as well as former Grand Chancellor Zhang Zemin and defected ex-Lotus Party Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Jin Meihui. The party will be immediately de-registered and reorganized into a new political force under a yet-to-be-known moniker. ICJ will continue to update you with the latest news following this development.
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 am

STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP

DECEMBER 31, 4326
As of this day, December 31, 4326 at approximately 7:00 pm, Chang Ruogang has been officially removed as leader of the Republicans. Furthermore, the Republican Leadership team has directed the official elections officer of Indrala to de-register the Republican Party as an official political entity within the Fifth Republic of Indrala. The Republican Critic for Health and Social Services, Tao Hong, will serve as interim leader of the Republican Party until its dissolution is complete. Additionally, measures have been put in place to prevent the anticipated resistance of Chang Ruogang and her personal leadership team from regaining any form of physical or political power in this time of transition.

Card carrying members of the Republican Party are urged to be patient and stay up to date with the latest developments via the party's website and telecommunications.

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY OF INDRALA
© 4269 - 4326
TreeHugger

Postby TreeHugger » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 pm

THE CENTRE PARTY IS BORN
Indralans of all stripes come together to witness the dawn of a new age

01 JANUARY 4327
KAIMING CONVENTION CENTRE - TIAN'AN, HAN

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION - those are the last words spoken before the spark of the most pivotal moment in Indralan politics within the last half-century. Enter: The Centre Party, a dynamic composition of Indralan centrists, moderate ex-Republicans, and Lotus Party defectors. This stunningly perfect alliance of Indralans with extremely complex and variable political opinions was orchestrated by the only living public figure known to possess such exquisite collaborative skills: His excellency, Zhang Zemin.

This moment came to Zhang Zemin in a dream. A dream where the ancient monarchs of Yingdala fought endlessly for power over the land. Each clan led the country until the next clan defeated them. It was a tumultuous cycle of death, greed and sorrow. Zhang Zemin awoke from this dream in the midst of his second stroke in two years. Doctors rushed to save the former Grand Chancellor, only to find he would be left permanently numb on his left side. In light of this event, Zhang Zemin made it his mandate to bring Indralans together. In realization of his fleeting time on Terra, he rushed to gather as many political allies and Caizu conglomerates to expedite the creation of this pragmatic political force. The increasing threat of intolerance and hate from his Republican successor, Chang Ruogang, made it especially precious for Zhang Zemin to push his cause into the bright minds of Indralans across the land. Despite his illness, he managed to finesse a great deal of strength from the ongoing love of Sun Luhan and Princess Kunghee. He claimed to have abandoned his Republican ideals "as soon as their lips touched." This passionate adoration of the growing monarchy movement, combined with a desire to let pragmatism rule the country is what led to the creation of the Centre Party.

The night was filled with celebration and dance

AMONG THE RANKS of the Centre Party sit many well-known Indralan figures. Zhang Zemin worked closely with several of his former cabinet ministers during his time as Grand Chancellor, and even reached across the isle to his friends in the Lotus Party for help. His long time friend and confidant, His excellency, the late Huang Zitao (ex-Grand Chancellor and leader of the Lotus Party), left Zhang Zemin a wish on his deathbed: that the country return to peace and stability through cooperation rather than confrontation. The foundation of the Centre Party is weighted on this principle: that compromise and bipartisanship must always rule over stiff necks and partisan gambling... in other words, country (and people) must always be put over party, no matter the cause.

The Centre Party would not become reality as long as Chang Ruogang still had power over the Republicans, and that was the greatest challenge that Zhang Zemin had to overcome. His cunning strategy would leave Ruogang without a home and the radical Republican right without air to breathe, as ex-Foreign Affairs minister of the Lotus Party, Dr. Jin Meihui crossed the floor in order to undermine the corrupt Republican leadership and bring Zhang Zemin's transition team into power. This bold move (which was completed in less than 24 hours with no significant opposition or resistance), is what paved the way for this day, the founding of the Centre Party.

Returning to the political spotlight after months of sickness and unrest, his excellency, Zhang Zemin

THOUSANDS FILLED THE HALLS of the Kāimíng Convention Centre in west-central Tian'an to celebrate the inaugural party convention of the Centre Party. Republicans of years past arrived in swaths to trade in their Republican Party memberships and claim their free Centre Party ID cards. Citizens with no prior political affiliations lined up outside the convention centre, hoping to be let in before the night was over. Press lined the walls for a chance to get a highly coveted shot of Zhang Zemin admits the green balloons and bright lights. The scene was set to perfection. Finally, after a long night of celebration and policy conversations, it was time for a speech. Zhang Zemin approached the podium with the help of his aids, and he began what would be an hour long speech:

"Good evening friends, it is so humbling to be blessed by your company. I'd like to start off by thanking you for being here. From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you for your support and good will.

From the ashes of the past we shall rise. Let us carry the torch from those who did so honourably before us. I never want you to forget two names that are the most important to me: Song Yi and Huang Zitao, for these two Indralans made a profound difference in all of our lives. Let us not forget the mistakes of the past, let us never allow us to follow the path of hate and dishonour. We must learn from the past, as it will guide our future. This party will be the party of Indrala. No more obstructionism, no more partisanship. If there are people starving on our streets, we will feed them! If there is a broken bridge in this country, we will fix it! If there is a mother crying for her daughter, we will love her and make her feel warm. We are so much greater as a people when we work together, and I cannot wait to see what can be accomplished when we choose cooperation over division. I reach my hand out to the Lotus Party and offer them friendship, I offer my hand out to the Sun Clan and offer them love. I offer my hand and my heart to the people of this country and offer them hope for a new vision of this country.

Let us never lose our compassion, let us never lose our hearts, for the day we turn our back on each other, is the day we turn our back on this country's future. Today marks the begging of a new era in Indralan politics. Today you have chosen to realize the Indrala Dream!

Thank you."

© 4327 Centre Party of Indrala
Last edited by TreeHugger on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 am

The Lotus Party National Conference 4328 in Taixi, Anle
20-22 July, 4328

Opening of the Conference, 20 July 4328

Nearly 20,000 members of the Lotus Party were in Taixi this weekend to debate policy, listen to speeches from key party figures and draft a new party manifesto. Also on the agenda was the routine 'Leadership Review' in which Lotus Party members vote every 5 years to retain their current leader, or initiate a new leadership election. Having led the party to three consecutive victories, the 4328 review is expected to go in Grand Chancellor Kwan Zhiyong's favour.

The first day of the conference was largely unproductive. Continuing what is perhaps the most iconic feature of Lotus Party conferences, the first day saw performances from a number of celebrities, including the iconic ballad singer Dang Zikei and the up-and-coming boyband B.A.M, among others. Following the televised performances, the conference began with a speech from outgoing Party President Yan Zhelan.

Left: Dang Zikei; Right: B.A.M.

Day Two: Speech from Kwan Zhiyong and Policy Debates, 21 July 4328

The beginning of day was filled with policy debates and work to draft the new manifesto, which would need to be ratified by the following day. Much of the work was done weeks in advance of the conference, with local constituency association drafting a number of resolutions.

After 10 hours of debate, Kwan Zhiyong took the stage with an exuberant cheer to celebrate the party’s third consecutive government.

Our Party, and our nation, has lots of hard work ahead. The 4330 Referendum is expected to deliver a pro-monarchist result, as have the last three elections. We must begin to unite the nation around the Son of Heaven, whomever that may be!

The Grand Chancellor generated large cheers throughout her speech, but the loudest sound was the collective gasp that silenced the room following her announcement that she would not stand for re-election:

Friends, our party is first and foremost a party founded on the ideals of liberal democracy. For this reason, it is unimaginable to me that a politician should be the leader of this nation for more than 15 years. Thus, I will not run for re-election in 4330. Of course, I will remain the Leader of our party until the next election, but I have instructed the Executive Council to conduct a leadership election at the earliest possible time.

Day Three: Leadership Review and Manifesto Ratification, 22 July 4328

As expected, Kwan Zhiyong was comfortably retained by her party members with the "No" vote achieving 93.4%. Meanwhile the manifesto, titled "All In For Indrala," was slightly more contentious, passing with 76.7%. Many party activists felt that the manifesto was too vague in comparison to the last manifesto, "Protecting our Future"

Raw text of the manifesto can be found below:

All In For Indrala - The Lotus Party Manifesto
(1) We will stand up for our democratic system and support the Dragon Throne concurrently
(2) We will make Indrala a land where nature and humanity coexist
(3) We will create a mixed-market economy where labour and capital coexist
(4) We will protect the rights of the people, and resolve social discrimination and inequality to establish social justice
(5) We will create and protect universal welfare support for all stages and areas of life
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:11 pm

REVEALED: Imperial Seal in the Hands of Wu Guowen

The Imperial Heirloom Seal of the Realm

With the Commission to Restore Yingdala's Traditional Government debating the nature of a Yingdalan monarchy and which clan should sit upon the Dragon Throne, Wu Guowen, grandson of the last legitimate Son of Heaven, revealed that he was in possession of the fabled Imperial Heirloom Seal of the Realm, a symbol of legitimacy for any Yingdalan monarch. At a speech on Yingdala during the He Dynasty at the DeLi (Virtue and Propriety) Academy, a think tank affiliated with the Jien-Democratic Party, a Wu Clan attendant brought the larger than average seal to the front of the stage to display the ancient object.

In the speech, Wu Guowen pointed and referred to the seal as "symbols of Heaven's authority and the sovereignty of the Son of Heaven." He said that, "During the revolution, the republicans actually allowed us a great deal of time to leave the Heavenly Palace and withdraw to our ancestral lands in Han. We managed to take a great deal of our personal property, at least property that could be easily transported, with us. While we could not take the Five Tripod Cauldrons with us, we were able to take the seal. Why would we take the seal? To keep the cause of traditional Yingdala alive. If the republicans managed to take the seal, or if any dictator got their hands on it, it would have provided them with legitimacy. As you all know, the only legitimate government is that of a monarchy with the monarch holding Heaven's Mandate to rule. This seal is a physical embodiment of that principle."

After the speech, Jiang Jun, Minister of Education and Culture, as well as chairman of the Jien-Democratic Party, who happened to be in attendance, was quickly asked what the Wu Clan's possession of the seal meant. He responded, "Clearly, it gives further credence that the Wu Clan is, at this time, the only legitimate clan that could claim the Dragon Throne. Heaven clearly still favors the Wus and His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Wu Geuowen."

No reference to the Sun Clan has been made by the JDP. This was the first time a JDP member has publicly referred to Wu Guowen as "Crown Prince" with the style of "His Imperial Highness."
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Zongxian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Phoenix Party Leadership Coup

May 30, 4328
TIAN'AN, HAN

Years of declining support and loss of the party's central role on the monarchy issue has finally pushed the Phoenix Party towards major reform in its platform. After just under 8 years of uninspiring leadership by Cao Zhi, accompanied by the revival of Jien-Democratic Party, many members of the party felt the need for new direction. Even before the party fell to the fourth spot in the legislature there had been talk of change in the party platform, largely a result of the moderate chancellery of Lo Zongru. When Cao Zhi was elected to the leadership, many thought the Phoenix Party would build off of Lo's support and enact a new, stronger embrace of the party's ultranationalism.

However, that didn't happen and the party declined without much major initiative being pushed from Cao's position. Now with Indrala closer than ever to restoring the monarchy and with elections approaching 4330, party members have led what is essentially a coup of the leadership. Led by Minister of Food & Agriculture Lan Liao, the moderates of the party, many of whom joined during Lo's chancellery, did away with the Phoenix Party's original platform, voting in favor of a manifesto that, while still expressing a nationalist vibe, is much more greatly committed to liberal conservatism and communitarianism. Along with this vote, Cao was removed as party leader, being replaced by Minister Lan.

It is not expected that these changes in leadership will effect the Phoenix Party's ongoing coalition with the Lotus Party and Jien-Democratic Party. Additionally, it has been announced by Minister Lan that she will not for election and that the Phoenix Party will be fully backing the reelection campaign of Grand Chancellor Kwan Zhiyong.
Zongxian

Postby Wu Han » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:17 pm

This is the most viewed story from the Tian'an Times online homepage - 1 September 4328

Drought Persists In Northern Anle
Farmers examine their lost crops

DAWEI, Anle -- Since June, farmers claim that “drought’s hot breath has been burning through the final green inch of every plant stem" in Northern Anle. It would appear that this is the truth, and will continue to be true for the foreseeable future.

Indeed, Northeast Anle is experiencing the worst drought in the country.

Located 300 km south of the Tebie Desert, Dawei Village has had issues in the past with soil fertility and precipitation, but nothing quite like this. Overall crop yield is down 89.4% from last year. In what is already one of the most impoverished, desolate regions of Indrala, the effect that this drought has had on the people who rely on their crops is enormous. "Look how thin!" Lin Kang, 88, cries as she points at her gaunt 8 year-old grandson, "he needs rice, but we have no rice!"

With a population of 4,100, the village is also home to the highest percentage of illiterate people in Indrala at 44%. Thus, economic diversification for the small village is near impossible, nor is it desired: "My father farmed on this land, and so did his father, and his father before him. I cannot leave" (Hao Shiwen, 76)

In response to the drought, the government is reintroducing its "Green Sprouts Program" to provide demand-based subsidies for farmers which would provide at least a small amount of capital to the struggling farmers in Dawei, though some have criticized that it is not adequate to provide output-based subsidies during a drought.

Luckily the drought is not affecting the broader Indralan agricultural sector.
Last edited by Wu Han on Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:30 pm

JDP Organizes Protests Against Monopolies in Kaizhou and Tian'an

With the twice failure of the Jien-Democratic Party's economic freedom and innovation bills, JDP leaders had no recourse but to organize peaceful protests against monopolies in the leading economic centers of Yingdala. Although not specifically targeting the caizu, the large family owned conglomerates took the brunt of the protests. Thousands of JDP supporters filled the streets of Tian'an and Kaizhou to march against monopolies.

One protestor, who refused to be named said, "Big companies create high prices that the common person can ill afford. How can some parties support the institutions yet still claim to care about us?" Another protestor argued that, "The caizu decimate small business and take away the pride of the entrepreneurial individual. There is no incentive to start new businesses because we know the caizu will crush us."

Leading the protests was Song Jian, the JDP's director of business and economic affairs. Mr. Song was quoted as saying, "Monopolies are impractical. They get too big to fail and eventually fail. Not to mention, they grow so powerful as to have a disproportionate influence on the government and politics, which is what we are seeing now. However, the biggest issue is that monopolies are against Jienism. Monopolies can set prices above market values which harms consumers. We need to break the monopolies to ensure competition across sectors so that prices can be reduced, innovation can be spurred, and Yingdala can be competitive on the world stage. Only then can we hope to truly improve our economy."

BREAKING: Foreign Minister Responds to Kazulian Plots

Yingdalan intelligence officials have recently uncovered an old Kazulian plotto invade Yingdala when it was in a weaker state. Foreign Minister Jin Ru responded immediately after the discovery with an official statement.

Yingdala demands an explanation for Kazulia's past actions. Why was this document, which was nothing less than a plot to gain power, even created? Yingdala has never, in recent times, ever declared war on Kazulia or harmed her in anyway. From what the Ministry can see, this plot was built on jealousy and opportunism to take advantage of a former great power in a time of weakness. Shame on Kazulia if this was the case, but shame regardless. We will summon the Kazulian ambassador and give him a firm diplomatic rebuke. Furthermore, we will be pursuing strong diplomatic action to fit this crime.

Privately, Minister Jin was said to be in utter shock and anger. He supposedly said, "This is what happens when Yingdala is not a great power militarily and economically strong. Our security is threatened. How can we defend the people from barbarians and descendants of uncivilized pillagers? Things need to change and Kazulia should return to being the rightful vassal of Dankuk."
Liu Che/Zhuli

PreviousNext

Return to National News