General Chat Thread

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

General Chat Thread

Postby FPC » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 pm

We are going to be experimenting with this over the new few days/weeks. As many of you know there is a community discord server under the control of Moderation, however we are aware that not everyone can/wants to use discord. We want to avoid cutting off non-discord users from the community and I hope this thread will allow another place for ideas, or general freindly discussion to be thrown around. I'm not sure if this will work or not but I'd like to try it out and see what happens, treat it like another discord channel, but please remember to stick to the rules. Basically this thread will act as another chat room.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby FPC » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Feel free to talk about anything related to Particracy or not, we may expand this in future if we feel it needs it. This thread will act as the chatroom for now so feel free to use the forum message system as if it were the discord message system... Try to hundred layer quotes but other than feel free to do whatever.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Stormersh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 am

Hi, what about an IRC? It can be used online or as a program.
Stormersh

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Stormersh wrote:Hi, what about an IRC? It can be used online or as a program.

The idea was so that non-discord users could chat with everyone without having to sign up for other stuff, but I'll look into that if its possible to use online
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Mbites » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm

IRC? LOL!
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby LukasV » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:29 pm

Discord has kinda superseded IRC.

While the intention is generally admirable, it's honestly up to players if they want to interact more with others in the community. We have the means set up, so it's really a matter of choice. A thread like this is in no way as "real-time" as a live Discord chat, and I believe that most forum posts require a set topic in order to be properly used and referred to; a general "chat" thread here probably won't see much traffic as it's completely undefined.
Get All That You Deserve In This World

Free Speech Fundamentalist
Classical Liberal/Libertarian
A Necessary Evil
Haterz Gon' Hate

"You believe you have dominion
So you force your lame opinions on me
And my eggshell mind"
LukasV

Postby FPC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am

LukasV wrote:

Discord has kinda superseded IRC.

While the intention is generally admirable, it's honestly up to players if they want to interact more with others in the community. We have the means set up, so it's really a matter of choice. A thread like this is in no way as "real-time" as a live Discord chat, and I believe that most forum posts require a set topic in order to be properly used and referred to; a general "chat" thread here probably won't see much traffic as it's completely undefined.

Yeah I tried... but it’s not really working tbh.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Return to General