Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Real-Life Equivalents Index: feedback

Postby Martinulus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Martinulus wrote:Oh, and I almost forgot: for ages, we assumed that the Terran J.S. Bach was a Hulstrian composer named Johann Emmanuel Visp. His Theodorsexilium (the St. Matthew Passion) was used by the second movement Septembrists to filibuster the upper house of the Crownlander Imperial Assembly to try to derail legislation legalising paramilitaries.

Since this might be contentious given the status of the composer, I think our Bach would've been Hulstrian because he was very, very Lutheran and you can feel that about his music. That eliminates most of the Dundorfian-speaking world, which is either Ordist or Patriarchal. Hulstria, with its deeply Luthoran culture, would probably have been the most likely environment a Terran Bach would originate in.

You might've overlooked this one, Polites.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Polites » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:58 am

Martinulus wrote:
Martinulus wrote:Oh, and I almost forgot: for ages, we assumed that the Terran J.S. Bach was a Hulstrian composer named Johann Emmanuel Visp. His Theodorsexilium (the St. Matthew Passion) was used by the second movement Septembrists to filibuster the upper house of the Crownlander Imperial Assembly to try to derail legislation legalising paramilitaries.

Since this might be contentious given the status of the composer, I think our Bach would've been Hulstrian because he was very, very Lutheran and you can feel that about his music. That eliminates most of the Dundorfian-speaking world, which is either Ordist or Patriarchal. Hulstria, with its deeply Luthoran culture, would probably have been the most likely environment a Terran Bach would originate in.

You might've overlooked this one, Polites.

Added.
Polites

Postby Phil Piratin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Been looking around for an equivalent for the King James Only Movement. The one I've come up with for now is the King Harold Only Movement, for which I've written:

Puritans believe in the religious supremacy of the Luthori language, which, to borrow the words of Bert Engels, they regard as "the language of angels and of Heaven to come". Other languages are regarded as inferior and generally discouraged. Certain languages, such as the native languages in New Englia, are regarded as positively Satanailic.

Adhering to Bert Engles' "King Harold Only" doctrine, they believe the translation of the bible into Luthori ordered by King Harold III of Utagia (part of modern-day Luthori) in 1249 is the inerrant Word of God, and that all other versions or translations of the bible are faulty. Puritans occasionally conduct book-burnings of non-King Harold bibles and other books they disagree with. The upset this caused led Leonard Engles to demand that such book burning events should not be photographed, televised or otherwise depicted, hoping that this would limit the offence caused to people not just in New Englia, but all around Terra. However, in the long-term, this injunction appears to have only made the book burnings a more highly-charged and "mystical", almost sacred ceremony for the participants.

If this can be improved, or if there is anything better or more "established" out there, then I'll be happy to go along with that instead.
Phil Piratin

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 am

From the International Society for the Study of Terran Civilisations:
Serbo-Croatian (language)= Tokundian.
Scandinavian= Kazulian, Altfolk.
Germanic= Dundorfic.
North Germanic languages= East Dundorfic languages.
Swede= Befäskar.
Dane= Skrigere.
Faroe Islander= Doyingar.

Understand if you don't want to add all of these but they're there for you to make a judgement.
jamescfm

Postby Polites » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am

@Phil Piratin: added
@jamescfm: added "Altfolk", and "(East) Dundorfic". Not adding "Tokundian", "Befäskar", "Skrigere", and "Doyingar" yet since they might conflict with current Cultural Protocols a bit.
Polites

Postby Wu Han » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 am

Sun-Tze = Zhaozi

Not sure if this is important to add as well but:
The Art of War = The Craft of Conflict
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Polites » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 am

Added.
Polites

Postby Maxington » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:59 pm

I want these two things added to the Real Life Index

1. Marcus Garvey = Wardell Moran
2. Garveyism = Moranism.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Polites » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Maxington wrote:I want these two things added to the Real Life Index

1. Marcus Garvey = Wardell Moran
2. Garveyism = Moranism.

Added.
Polites

Postby CCP » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:32 pm

For the Religious Figures section:

Shu: Sewehneb
Tefnut: Sepseymawo
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback