PARTICRACY CULTURE REFORMS CONSULTATION

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: PARTICRACY CULTURE MAP CONSULTATION

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:42 pm

This enlarged map I conjured up is far from great, but at least on my computer screen, is easier to read than the other one.

Is there any chance of restoring at least some of the posts from the thread that has now been removed? Not all of those posts were off-topic or trolling, and some of the posts and exchanges there were very useful. I personally put considerable time/effort into composing some of my posts there, and I don't really want to have to make the same points all over again.

Another point I need to make is that there are players in nations which would see their cultures radically changed as a result of this proposed Cultural Map, and, going forward, I really feel it is very important that during the whole of this process, they should be engaged with sensitively and respectfully. We need to be careful not to treat them as though they are somehow the "problem".
Last edited by Phil Piratin on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Piratin

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Phil Piratin wrote:Image

This enlarged map I conjured up is far from great, but at least on my computer screen, is easier to read than the other one.

A few questions:

Are we being consulted about the principle of completely centralising culture under Moderation, or are we just being consulted about the shape that the imposed Cultural Map is going to take? I ask this because there have been confusing/conflicting statements from Moderation on this, and I note that the OP is only inviting us to discuss the shape of the map, not inviting us to discuss whether we agree with changing the current Cultural Protocol system.

Secondly, is there any chance of restoring at least some of the posts from the thread that has now been removed? Not all of those posts were off-topic or trolling, and some of the posts and exchanges there were very useful. I personally put considerable time/effort into composing some of my posts there, and I don't really want to have to make the same points all over again.

Another point I need to make is that there are players in nations which would see their cultures radically changed as a result of this proposed Cultural Map, and, going forward, I really feel it is very important that during the whole of this process, they should be engaged with sensitively and respectfully. We need to be careful not to treat them as though they are somehow the "problem".

We re rendered the image at the start of the thread aswell.

My first post and it explains that this is for both the idea itself and the map.

The rules I have posted aim to make this sensible and respectful.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Arapaima13 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Firstly, the map is looking great.

FPC wrote:The map displays only the majority etnic groups in each region, minority groups would still be allowed following discussions with the RP team and moderation, however I cant imagine any opposition to you using Roman and Greek so I am sure you will be fine ;-)

So how are minority groups going to work in each individual country? Are CPs going to remain, just being more stagnant in their percentages? Or will there be a centralised list of which minorities are prevalent in each country? Kalopia in particular has large swathes of minority ethnic groups (Albanian, Turkish, Arab, Bosnian) so it would be good to know what the plan is regarding minorities.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Thank you.
Phil Piratin

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Arapaima13 wrote:Firstly, the map is looking great.

FPC wrote:The map displays only the majority etnic groups in each region, minority groups would still be allowed following discussions with the RP team and moderation, however I cant imagine any opposition to you using Roman and Greek so I am sure you will be fine ;-)

So how are minority groups going to work in each individual country? Are CPs going to remain, just being more stagnant in their percentages? Or will there be a centralised list of which minorities are prevalent in each country? Kalopia in particular has large swathes of minority ethnic groups (Albanian, Turkish, Arab, Bosnian) so it would be good to know what the plan is regarding minorities.

What we are planning to implement is a system where those nations enlisted on the Cultural Register/RP accord will have "Base Culture Documents (BCDs) (working title)" posted on their nation boards.

These lists will have an overview of each nations cultural makeup for example:
Nation X
Ethnicity:
French: 68% (80% from Y part of France, and 20% from Z part of France)
English: 20%
Carribean: 12%

And so on... obviously that is a very rough draft that I have made up in my head.. once all the nations have this players may expand on the Base Cultures in a manner similar to CPs with the consent of Moderation and the RP team. However these documents would not be able to change the culture in any major way other than adding more specific subcultures and some other minorities.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

FPC wrote:What we are planning to implement is a system where those nations enlisted on the Cultural Register/RP accord will have "Advisory Culture Documents (ACD's) (working title)" posted on their nation boards.

"Advisory"? Hold on, this is getting confusing...are these not actually going to be enforced then?
Phil Piratin

Postby Pragma » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:07 pm

James, je l'aime.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Greetings,

Moderation has initiated a reform and update of the rules.

One of the proposed rules is that Culture (namely religious, ethnic, and linguistic demographics) will be centralized under the control of the Role-Play Team, to replace the current system of Cultural Protocols.

We are conducting a community-wide survey to measure support for this new rule, so please fill out this survey, it will only take a couple of seconds: https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/TCKBHTR

Link to the proposed rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vo1 ... d0AksNNMCw
Current Game Rules: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6363
Debate on the proposed new rule: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7792

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Moderation

Another issue, BTW...the link to the debate thread which Moderation posted to all of the players in the game (see above) doesn't work, which is obviously quite an issue. Can a cleaned-up version of the original thread please be restored, so we can use that? Otherwise the players who've been messaged may end up getting confused and miss this.
Phil Piratin

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:09 pm

We are going to send out another message. That thread is not coming back.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 pm

FPC wrote:We are going to send out another message. That thread is not coming back.

I edited the survey question and now it has the link to this thread (which should show up for everyone, if that's not the case please let me know). The original in-game message does however link to the old thread, so we might have to send out another message anyway.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General