Yingdala

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Indralan Consortium of Journalists

Postby pandowlpaws » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:20 pm

The Kaizhou Inquirer - November 4338
The Kaizhou Inquirer is northern Indrala's leading periodical, reporting on politics, culture and economics

Cheng Xiuying Dies at 94; Clan Cheng Announces Project in Kaizhou
After the death of his mother, Cheng Yuhan has decided to build a new cultural museum in her honor
Portrait of Cheng Xiuying from when she was about 68 years old

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- Cheng Xiuying of Clan Cheng has passed away over this weekend, although the news has just been released to the public. The 94 year old mother of the Cheng family's head: Cheng Yuhan was reported to have passed away peacefully in her sleep. Nonetheless this might come as a surprise to many people here in Kaizhou, who knew Xiuying from her famed youthful face and beautiful art. The family will be holding a public burial ceremony for her, with all welcome to come. Clan Cheng's Yuhan also came out with a statement:

"The Cheng family has been in, and will be in mourning for some time. It is always terrible to see a loved one ripped away from the world of the living, in any family. Due to the popularity my mother saw in this city, and the fact that she considered many of you family, Clan Cheng will be opening up her burial ceremony for the public to attend. This will allow anyone who wishes to pay their respects to do so, as well as join us in mourning. But, even when we are in pain, we must continue to look forward. Therefore Clan Cheng will be establishing and fully funding a new project in Kaizhou: The Cheng Xiuying Center of Traditional Jiaozhi Arts. Hopefully this will be a way to memorialize my mother, and educate the next generation on some of the things she loved most."

The center has already been planned out in extensive detail. The building, located at Lan Hua park, will consist of a museum and educational center. From an unnamed inside source we have managed to learn that the museum will contain a beautifully accurate representation of a traditional Jiaozhi village, palace, and garden. Cheng Yuhan has also mentioned that the family plans to begin construction soon, and upon completion the center will be completely free to the public.

Rough plan for the Cheng Xiuying Center of Jiaozhi Arts
御國人国党(Gao-Showa National Party) - Hulstria-Mikuni,
formerly the 竹左联盟(Bamboo-Left Coalition) and the 社會民主黨(Social Democratic Party) of Indrala

Former Controller of the Kingdom of Hanzen
pandowlpaws

Postby Wu Han » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:19 am

This is the most viewed story from the Tian'an Times online homepage - 5 October 4338

Dai Jinhao speaks with students at Tian'an National University
The Lotus Party Leader speaking to students earlier today

TIAN'AN, Han -- After a snap-election earlier this year, Dai Jinhao led his party to a net gain of 70 seats, reversing a decade of decline under his predecessor. Since then, the businessman-turned-politician has been learning the ropes, having been thrust into the role of Leader of the Official Opposition in his first election.

Today, Mr. Dai spent the morning speaking with students at Tian'an National University, where he delivered a keynote address to the students, followed by a Q and A discussion.

Following the election, Fa Rong, Leader of the Social Democratic Party "urge[d Dai] to renounce his words" after he delivered a critical speech during the electoral campaign. One student asked Dai if he still stands by his campaign statement.

"Red is red is red," Dai said to the laughter of the audience. "But listen, I think Ms. Fa has greater difficulties to overcome than my words. She has led her party from 5th to 7th place. Maybe it's because I'm from the business world, but I have no time or tolerance for incompetence, and I suspect her party membership doesn't either."

Asked to comment on Lü Yejun's entrance to federal politics, Dai jokingly pondered, "I wonder if my predecessors knew they were making an adversary," referencing the Lotus Party's central role in granting the House of Ryeo (from which Lü is descended) refuge in Indrala. He continued, "I haven't yet met him, but look forward to working with him in the Grand Assembly."

Dai was also asked about his party's position on ND-101 which would reintroduce the office of the Grand Chancellor, as the government continues to pass constitutional amendments in anticipation of Sun Yijun's ascendance to the Dragon Throne, currently scheduled for December.

"It's hard to say where we stand at the moment," Dai said. "New Dawn put forward the proposal in an effort to reduce particracy, but I'm not convinced that this proposal would accomplish anything positive in this regard. The Grand Chancellory often necessitates backroom political deals in order to gain endorsements for victory. In this way, it can actually be a tool to hand power to a selected few. We will make up our minds in the coming months."
Last edited by Wu Han on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:39 am

Sun Yijun Enthroned, May His Imperial Majesty Live and Reign for Ten Thousand Years! 1 December 4338

Today, after a month long trip on horseback, Sun Yijun arrived in the Capital to receive Heaven's mandate. During his trip, Sun met with rural farmers and villagers and other subjects, many of whom petitioned him to make sacrifices on their behalf. At each stop, more and more people would join in the travelling party, walking behind the procession. By the time of Sun's arrival in Tian'an there were tens of thousands of supporters behind him.

The Tian'an local government was aware of the date of Sun's arrival and had cleared the traffic route from the east of the city to the Altar of Heaven. Thousands of Indralans lined the streets with tears in their eyes as they watched the Son of Heaven travel through their city. At the Altar, Sun Lijun made offerings to venerate the ancestors and worship the gods of nature and Heaven, asking for the mandate to rule from Tian and Shangdi.

During the ceremony, His Imperial Majesty was surrounded by the five tripod vessels representing each state that made up Indrala. Each vessel was filed either with burning food or wine as sacrifices to Heaven and the nature gods, or spirits. After kowtowing to Heaven three times and praying for rain and a bountiful harvest, the new monarch was transferred the Heirloom Seal of the Realm by Wu Guowen, patriarch of the Wu Clan in a display of acknowledgement of Heaven's will, in addition to the Staff of Authority. His Imperial Majesty was fitted with the royal sword and dressed in the traditional robes of state.

From the Altar, His Imperial Majesty was transported by carriage to the Imperial Palace, where he was ascended to the Dragon Throne. Following the ascession, a number of nobles, military officials and other individuals offered congratulations to His Imperial Majesty. His Imperial Majesty issued a Proclamation of Accession which was carried to the Gate of Heavenly Peace and read to a crowd numbering hundreds of thousands. His Imperial Majesty's proclamation read:
I am the ruler of the State of Indrala. When the dynastic fortune of the He Dynasty had reached an end, Indrala embraced a republican form of governance. But now, the republican government’s fortune has also ended. Bearing the favour of Heaven and the spirits of the ancestors, the masses have joined together in urging me to ascend the Dragon Throne. With profound humility, I acceded to the requests of the multitude, on the first day of the last month of 4338, I offered sacrifices to Heaven and Earth at the Altar of Heaven and ascended the Dragon Throne within the Hall of Harmony at the Imperial Palace. In approbation of the Jienist relationship of Son to Father, and a deep sense of filial piety, I respectfully entered the Ancestral Temple and conferred the title of Lord Father to my living father. In acknowledgement of my mother’s role in the Imperial Court, l conferred the title of “Mother to the Nation” to my living mother. This title will take precedence over her title as Princess of Dankuk and will transfer to the woman who will be made my Empress. My brother, Sun Kai has been made Crown Prince and heir apparent. This shall be promulgated throughout Terra and all shall be made to know of it.

The proclamation was received with a massive cheer from the crowd. Immediately following the proclamation, a massive military parade, the likes of which have not been seen in many years took place in front of the Imperial Palace. 116 years of republican government has ended. May the Emperor Live and Reign for Ten Thousand Years!

Last edited by Wu Han on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:49 am

CENTRE PARTY INTRODUCES NEW TAX MEASURES TO SUPPORT CAIZU CONGLOMERATES
Leader Tao Hong commits to struggling Indralan industry with "1% for the People" legislation

HANZHOU, SHU
January 27, 4340

The Centre Party heard loud and clear when QINGYI CEO Chao De Lun expressed great concern with the future of Indralan Industry. Now, the Centre Party is rolling out legislation to reaffirm the government's commitment to Caizu Conglomerates. With bill C-104: 1% For The People, Tao Hong's Centre Party hopes to remind Indralans of his party's commitment to industry. Trade and Industry Minister Lu Yazhu has been working hard to bring this legislation to the floor, and he looks forward to not only seeking the approval of his coalition government, but the opposition parties as well.

"This legislation is something that should receive unanimous support in the Grand Assembly. Any party that wishes to help Indralan industry will support this bill. This reaffirms our party's commitment to Indralan industry, and we applaud the work of Mr. Chao and all of those employed at QINGY." - Trade and Industry Minster Lu Yazhu

Trade and Industry Minister Lu Yazhu posing in a new Centre Party advertisement.

The bill proposes to reduce the corporate tax rate from 5% to 1%, more than halving the current tax burden felt by Indralan Industry. The Centre Party has reached out to representatives from QINGYI, TQ Group, HAOKAN GAMES, Xiandai, Royal Airlines and Indralair in order to garner support for the new legislation, something that has been received well by industry:

"This is landmark legislation for us. QINGYI may be able to compete globally now that the tax burden has been lifted on our corporation. We have already put out employment requests all across Indrala. This is great news." - Chao De Lun, CEO QINGYI

"Five new international destinations? Done. Six additional domestic routes? Done. This landmark legislation has opened our doors to new horizons. This is a victory for Indralans" - Tang Su, CEO Royal Airlines

“By reducing the barriers for business and entrepreneurship, this proposal takes economic growth seriously. As a tiger cannot run while chained, our economy cannot grow while tied down by red tape and high taxes.” - KM Financial Chairman and CEO Kong Gueying

“This latest proposal will help our company reinvest in our economy and expand our manufacturing operations in Shu. Xiandai is proud to employ nearly 200,000 hard-working Shu residents, and we look forward to employing more in the future.” - Xiandai Group CEO Wang Weijie

More to come...
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Zongxian » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:04 am

Gang Wu Founds Nationalist Think Tank
Minister of Internal Affairs Gang Wu

January 3, 4341
TIAN'AN, HAN

Once a prominent leader of the ultranationalists in the Phoenix Party and now the central figure of New Dawn nationalism, Gang Wu and his ideological allies have announced the founding of the Project for Greater Dovani Prosperity, a foreign policy and regional security think tank. Only briefly at the helm of his political party, Gang has sought to more broadly advocate for the nationalist cause for all of Indrala rather than just within his party. The Project views the State of Indrala as the historic and rightful hegemon of Dovani and it aims to advocate for the government to do more to restore Indrala back into that role for the continent.

It is widely expected that Gang Wu will resign as Minister of Internal Affairs in order to officially take on a larger leadership role in the Project.

Ryeo Foundation Defunded & Dismantled
Central campus of Haejo University in Gongmangdo

January 6, 4341
GONGMANGDO, DANKUK

Dranian higher education has officially received news that many in the industry have worried about for over a decade, loss of Ryeo Foundation endowment for Haejo University, one of the nation's top-ranking institutions. Established in the name of King Haejo, the founder of the House of Ryeo and the Kyo cultural monarchy, the university had full financial support from the Ryeo Foundation. The Foundation was created by the king to support a number of philanthropic cause such as medical research and generous scholarship for primary and secondary school students after public education was abolished in the Republic of Dranland. In the time since the founding of Haejo University the institution has grown significantly, drawing in support beyond just the Ryeo Foundation. Nonetheless, the Ryeo Foundation still maintained a core place in the endowment of the university and was closely involved in the institution's board of trustees.

Since the exile of the Ryeos, the Ryeo Foundation has continued in operate although in a more limited capacity due to restrictions on direct support from the former royal house. There has been continued concerned about the ability of the Foundation to persist in the long-term, especially with Haejo University, it's largest commitment. Enrolling thousands of students, supporting numerous research initiatives, and community projects, Haejo University, Dranian academia, and the City of Gongmangdo have feared the demise of the Ryeo Foundation.

Although long regarded as probable, the official announcement of the Ryeo Foundation's closure has come as a shock. With the vast majority of Ryeo assets in the control of Seojun and Yejun, it has been difficult for the organization to operate. Following weeks of private discussions with Foundation leadership, a joint letter from the Ryeo brothers was delivered to the Foundation's central offices in Gongmangdo alerting them of an end to all backing from the House of Ryeo. The brothers expressed deep regret at their inability to continue support for the philanthropy that was started by Haejo, who they praised for his "genuine devotion to the people, pure and free of corruption."

The Ryeo Foundation, without its namesake support, has been effectively disbanded as a major philanthropic organization. While this does not also mean the closure of Haejo University, it has caused major financial disruption and the institution is now tasked with finding new donors to replace the void left by the Ryeo Foundation. In the short-term there are significant challenges for the institution but it is expected they will be successful in gathering support from its alumni and other organizations. And as disputes remain over the status of the Ryeo in Dankuk, the institution might even find backing from those Ryeo seeking to claim leadership over the family.
Zongxian

Postby Wu Han » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 am

OOC: This was co-written with Zanz, and has been consented to
The Taixi Times is a daily print and web publication from Taixi, Anle, offering breaking news and analysis on politics, business, world national news, and entertainment.

Trigunian President Lyonya makes 'unofficial' state visit
Combining business and pleasure, the controversial Trigunian strongman made a splash during his 3-day trip in Indrala
19 February 4343

President Lyonya Brantov soaks in the southern Shu sun, a change in scenery for the arctic Head of State

NATIONAL NEWS: The controversial President of Trigunia, Lyonya Brantov, made an ‘unofficial’ state visit to Indrala earlier this week. He began his trip in Hazhou, Shu, where the President attended the annual Wang Family Trust gala as the guest of honour. Lyonya was seen sitting and laughing with Xiandai Group CEO and Wang Family Trust Chairman Wang Tingfei throughout the evening. Despite the cordial appearance of the event, videos posted on Indralan social media of Lyonya making a toast caused some backlash in the Indralan public, and received an awkward, lukewarm reception from the guests. In the toast, Lyonya says:
“…In my country, there are some who say I hate Yeudis. I love Yeudis. I love all people, Yeudis, and as you can see tonight, yellows too. All people!”

The Indralan press pursued Lyonya the following morning to give more context to his remarks, but he would not comment.

Nonetheless, the President and Wang spent the following day golfing and swimming at the Xiandai Nandu Beach Resort, after which the two held a join press conference in the ornate resort ballroom. During the press conference, CEO Wang announced that Xiandai Automotives would be planning the construction of a new factory just outside of Rodshyadam, Trigunia at a cost of nearly $1.2b. “The new factory will enable Xiandai greater access into the markets of Keris, Macon and Northern Dovani and create thousands of good paying jobs for Trigunians. We could not be happier” said Wang. For his part, Lyonya declared that “[he] promised reinvestment in heavy industry, and today [his] government delivered on that promise.”

Mist rolls in from the beach to cover the immaculate Xiandai Nandu Beach Resort Golf Course

On his third day in Indrala, Lyonya travelled by newly completed high-speed rail from Nandu to Tian’an where he met with other Indralan titans of industry and influential individuals. In the afternoon, President Lyonya was received by his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Sun Lijun at the Heavenly Palace. It is said that while the meeting lasted no longer than ten minutes, President Lyonya was courteous and respectful, no doubt instructed on how to act by his aids. Later that same day, President Lyonya met with Dai Jinhao, Leader of the Official Opposition of Indrala to discuss bilateral economic and security issues, choosing to leave more contentious topics, such as LGBTQ rights to the side. After the meetings, President Lyonya spoke to Trigunian press outside of his hotel:
“Let me tell you, the international community needs to ask some tough questions about Dankuk. You’ve got a weak woman in there, playing ‘Empress’ with no real claim. I’m telling you, she clawed and scratched her way to the top, so don’t be surprised if there is blood under her fingernails!”

The passionate remarks come during the midst of debate on Indralan bill LP-102 after it was discovered that the leader the Warlord Party, General Ji Beifuyn joined an international organization supporting Taeyang Sang-ah’s claim to the throne, despite government legislation recognizing only the House of Ryeo as the legitimate ruling clan. The motion inevitably sparked acrimony in the Grand Assembly.

Tensions have been high between Indrala and Dankuk ever since the 4280s after then-Chancellor Huang Zitao granted refuge to the Dranian Royal Family after Taeyang’s National Conservative Government violently deposed them.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby TreeHugger » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:08 am

These are the most viewed stories from the Tian'an Times online homepage

27 June, 4344

Afternoon Delight? Centre Party Leader Caught in the Act
Undeniable raw evidence points towards a midday affair between two elite Indralan public figures.

TIAN'AN, HAN
It’s midday in Tian’an financial district, and business men and women are descending from the towers to get lunch. Some may have lost their appetite however, as they stumbled upon Indralan film and television actress He Bolin and Centre Party leader Tao Hong having a romp in the back of a 4330 Xiandai rental sedan. The sedan was parked on the 3rd floor of a parking garage, thought to be concealed from prying eyes. The idling car raised concerns from passersby, as the safety of the driver was in question after the car had been idling for over an hour. A group of businessmen approached the sedan, only to find the windows steamed (and NOT from carbon monoxide). Onlookers tapped on the glass to see if everything was alright, and were shocked to witness a nude and lewd Tao Hong and He Bolin engaging in extramarital relations.

ImageImage
Images show Centre Party leader Tao Hong exiting the vehicle as a large crowd gathers around the rental car. Faces were blurred to protect the identities of those depicted. (image rights were acquired by Tian'an Times prior to the publication of this article)

Scene of the affair was the Jīnróng Business parkade, 3rd floor.

Onlookers gasped and immediately took photos as Mr. Tao and Ms. He struggled to re-clothe their nude vessels in the cramped and humid atmosphere of the leather and carpet lined Xiandai family sedan. Some onlookers managed to snag scandalous photos of the two while they bustled around, captive inside their sanctuary of deviance. The 3rd floor of the Jīnróng Business parkade has never been more active. Immediately following the news of theses events, Tian'an Times reached out to both Mr. Tao and Ms. He for comment:

Indralan film and entertainment star, He Bolin

Ms. He’s agency: HAOKAN Entertainment, responded:

Xue Bo, HAOKAN Entertainment: "Ms. He denies any involvement with Mr. Tao. She is happily married and wishes for the rumours to cease. She is focused on her child and her future as a rising star in Indralan film and entertainment."

Centre Party leader and co-founder, Tao Hong

Mr. Tao, his press secretary, his constituency office and his wife declined to comment, however the Centre Party released a statement following the publication of this article:

Qiao Hanying, Centre Party: "Tao Hong is committed to Indralan families and will continue to work hard for them each and every day. He is committed to morality and family values, and the Centre Party reflects those values."

Tian'an Times will follow this story closely as it develops. One thing is certain: the future political career of Tao Hong and the professional career of He Bolin hang in the balance of this kiss n' ride.

More to come...

HAOKAN GAMES DEBUTS NEW PLATFORM EXPERIENCE
Entertainment and game developer Haokan games seeks to capitalize on the gaping wide hole in the Indralan entertainment business.

TIAN'AN, HAN
Indrala entertainment giant HAOKAN games (TTX: HOAK) has just released its revolutionary "Xuni Helmet" to the public. This marks the first leap into the world of video games for an Indralan-based corporation, and possibly points towards business benefiting from the Centre Party's new "1% for the people" initiative. The Xuni Helmet has a list price of $460 INS and is currently sold out after just 12 hours of being released. HOAKAN Games representatives have admitted that they didn't anticipate such great demand, but still take the demand as a compliment to their design.

Indralans showed up in droves to await the release of the Xuni Helmet on Monday night, hoping to secure the device in one of five HAOKAN locations across Indrala (2 in Tian'an, and one in Hanzhou, Tiaxi, and Kaizhou.) They awaited the release for over 6 hours, and lines stretched for city blocks. Many left unsatisfied as there were no more units available even after thousands sold out.

ImageImage
Thousands line up in Kaizhou to secure one of the first thousand Xuni Helmets available

In an advertisement for the Xuni Helmet, HAOKAN explains the concept of their new device:

"Imagine yourself immersed in the blossoms of the Royal Palace. Focus now on your surroundings, where are you, how did you get here? Imagine a brilliant white light above you. Focus in on this light as it comes closer. Centre your breath. You are now in the Xuni. Be whoever you want to be! Go wherever you want! Love whoever you want. HAOKAN Games brings you closer to your dreams with Xuni."

The advertisement features several Indralan youth enjoying the HAOKAN experience.

More to come...
保守聯盟 (Conservative Coalition) - Republic of Indrala
TreeHugger

Postby Wu Han » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 am

The Market is a nationally-published daily economic newspaper centered in Tian'an. While the paper remains generally non-partisan, critics have observed a tendency for the paper to publish articles which generally support classically liberal economic policies and the established economic order of Indrala.

Economists Weigh in on the Dankuk Act

TIAN’AN, Han [1 May 4348] - The Grand Assembly is expected to soon pass LP-105: Dankuk Act, the most extensive political and economic sanctions against Dankuk since the first sanctions were passed in 4306.

Whereas previous sanctions only restricted commercial activities with “supporters or members” of the National Conservative Party, the Dankuk Act bans all imports or exports of a number of products, including paper, pulp and timber as well as seafood, which are major exports of Dankuk.

The sanctions are expected to have a minor effect on the domestic economy with many economists predicting a slight increase in the CPI for 4348, with prices for frozen seafood and a few other consumer goods expected to rise. Nonetheless, nearly 40 years of economic and political division have already eliminated nearly all trade between Indrala and Dankuk. Some conservative economists predict that the sanctions may be a net-positive for the Indralan economy as the Dankuk Act specifically bans trade in automotives, which could aid the Indralan automotive sector. Kim Jae-beom, President of the Indralan Transport Workers Union, and himself a second-generation Dranian refugee, applauded the sanctions:

“A net-gain for our sector, and a major gain for the thousands of Dranians who yearn to live free. I hope the government will continue to apply pressure until Taeyang Sang-ah cracks.”

Despite having been historic trading partners, Dankuk and Indrala have sought out new markets. Recently, Dankuk has led a very aggressive and remarkably successful propaganda campaign to legitimize their government. This has resulted in Taeyang’s regime being able to ratify trade agreements with Vanuku and Klavia Okeano, as well as joining the North Dovani Cooperation Alliance, receiving military training from Kazulia and Lourenne. Indralan Foreign Affairs Minister and Lotus Party Leader Dai Jinhao is expected to go on a major tour to improve Indrala’s existing relationships around the world. It is also rumoured that His Imperial and Royal Highness, Crown Prince Kai will partake in a diplomatic tour to Indrala’s historical allies across Majatra.

Conservatives call for actress He Bolin's firing

TIAN’AN, Han [August 20, 4344 OOC: POSTDATED]- Hundreds of protestors gathered outside of the Tian’an Broadcasting Corporation’s headquarters today to call for He Bolin’s firing. Ms. He, a costar on the weekly TBC drama “You Can Do It, Zhong Zongren!” was recently involved in a sex scandal with Centre Party leader Tao Hong.

The loudest protestor was Liu Chengbin, Chairwoman of the Jiaozhi Alliance of Conservative Parents. Liu’s association is infamous for protesting YingPop idols and television programs, most notably the state-broadcaster’s decision to cast Yao, son of then-Grand Chancellor Huang Zitao in a drama back in the 4280s.

“It’s one thing for these entertainment companies to dress our boys and girls up in provocative outfits and make them dance like prostitutes!” Liu said, “It’s a completely different issue when you are casting a literal harlot; someone who has no respect for Mr. Tao’s marriage, or even her own marriage!”

In a strange turn of events, the scandal led to He Bolin being revered by the Dranian despot Taeyang Sang-ah, who personally ordered that He be awarded the Medal of Liberty and the Hero of Women Medal. Her agency, HAOKEN Entertainment released a statement following the news:

“Ms. He is a patriotic Indralan, and as such she is disgusted by the awards. She will not receive them.”

The news from Dankuk was enough to Justice Minister Guo Jie, who proposed an arrest warrant for Ms. He under article seven of the Dankuk Act (the act had not yet been voted into law). While this motion is expected to fail a vote, Lotus Party Industry and Trade Critic Asaka Izumo questioned that “perhaps we should ask the Chief Counselor why he is so willing to use this meaningless Dranian provocation against Ms. He, when the two seem to have had some sort of relationship in the past?” during debate in the Grand Assembly, and has raised questions about the Justice Minister’s ability to do his job.

He Bolin and her representatives have largely denied any wrongdoing or participation in the affair, or in the Dranian response. TBC has not responded to requests for comment on the ongoing protest.
Last edited by Wu Han on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:32 am

KWAN ZHIYONG, THIRD GRAND CHANCELLOR OF INDRALA DEAD AT 99
10 June, 4348

KAIZHOU, Jiaozhi -- Kwan Zhiyong, former Leader of the Lotus Party and three-term Grand Chancellor of Indrala (4315-4330) has passed away in her sleep last night. Kwan was the longest serving Head of State or Government in Indrala in 110 years. Kwan won each of her re-election campaigns with bigger mandates than the previous election and thus she left office with a very high approval rating. Kwan was the last in a generation of politicians in the Lotus Party who had their roots in the 4260 Students' Movement.
(he/him)
Wu Han

Postby Wu Han » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 pm

His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Sun Kai tours Majatra
1 December 4349, the Eleventh Year of His Imperial Majesty, the Son of Heaven, Emperor Sun Lijun of the Yi Dynasty

His Imperial and Royal Highness, Crown Prince Sun Kai instructs a youth on archery

His Imperial Majesty, the Son of Heaven has spent the fall performing vital sacrifices and prostrating himself to heaven so as to secure the stability and prosperity of the nation. His important role as the Son of Heaven demands that he spends his time within Indrala. Thus, in an expression of fraternal piety, his younger brother, Crown Prince Sun Kai has offered to travel on behalf of the Imperial family. His Imperial Highness has spent the month of November visiting various nations across Majatra to renew Indrala’s friendships abroad. His Imperial Highness was accompanied by Her Imperial Highness, Princess Sun Subin, as well as the Honourable Li Fangzhou, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. Below is a brief overview of each trip:

Kalopia (3 November 4349 - 8 November 4349)
In Kalopia, the sun shone on His Imperial Highness as his ship approached the Malah harbour. His Imperial Highness remarked on the beautiful biodiversity of the the southern Al-Najd province, host to Kalopia's agricultural production. His Imperial Majesty disembarked from the vessel, which would sail to the north of the country to rendezvous with His Imperial Highness on the 8th of November. In a display of Jienist respect for agricultural production, His Imperial Majesty visited with local farmers on his way to the capital, impressing many with his horticulturalist knowledge. Upon arrival to the picturesque and landlocked capital of Eleopolis, His Imperial Majesty was received by President Musa Kongoli in an official State Dinner reception. The Crown Prince offered the President a bag of rice grown at the Royal Family’s property in Huzheng County. While His Imperial Majesty departed for the northern historic and coastal metropolis of Helios, Deputy Minister Li Fangzhou met with her counterparts in the Kalopian government to discuss expanding trade opportunities between the two nations. Deputy Minister Li remained in Kalopia for negotiations until she flew to Jelbania to meet up with the Imperial travelling party.

Jelbania (10 November 4349 - 20 November 4349)
His Imperial Highness’s ship arrived in Sedrijokaiàktaghe, Jelbania early in the morning and was greeted by nearly two hundred well wishers. His Imperial Highness moved inland until he met with the mighty Baofluz River, which he traced on horseback until his arrival in the capital city. His Imperial Highness and his party were warmly received by His Exalted Highness, H'an Manil at the magnificent Purple Palace. In observance of the Jelbic and Indralan shared love for horseback sport, His Imperial Highness presented the H’an with a prized Indralan stallion. He also gifted the leader a bottle of forest green baijiu liquor from the Province of Min, which the two were said to have consumed together. The H’an and the Crown Prince participated in a traditional Jelbanian wolf hunt the following morning. It is rumoured that Princess Subin and Prince Jebr of Jelbania spent the day in the garden of the Purple Palace. While the Royals were renewing their ancient friendship, government officials including Deputy Minister Li were forging a new bond; the Indrala-Jelbania Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement.

Barmenistan (22 November 4349 - 25 November 4349)
His Imperial Highness arrived in the port city of Séleuefluz, Ufne at nightfall. In the morning, his party embarked on horseback, stopping once more before arriving in the sacred capital city Varishehr, considered a holy site for Terra’s Felinists. His Imperial Highness was received by President Imran Shahrán. His Imperial Highness gifted the President a sack of aged Green tea grown in Shu Province and renowned for its health benefits. His Imperial Highness departed in the morning to meet up with his ship in the coastal city of Qardajar, Murdhe. Deputy Minister Li, as with the other trips, stayed behind to draft a free-trade agreement, as well as discuss potential Indralan military assistance to the Barmenian government in their ongoing fight against religious extremist groups. Further talks are set to take place in Tian’an with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Defence.

Official Portrait of Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Sun Subin (painted 4345)
(he/him)
Wu Han

PreviousNext

Return to National News