Swedish General Election, 2018

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Which party would you vote for?

Social Democrats (S)
22%
Sweden Democrats (SD)
33%
Moderate Party (M)
6%
Centre Party (C)
8%
Left Party (V)
14%
Liberal Party (L)
8%
Green Party (MP)
6%
Christian Democrats (KD)
2%
Feminist Initiative (F!)
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes : 51

Re: Swedish General Election, 2018

Postby Hrafn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Get this: the Swedish government has decided to put a special tax on air travel, because it's bad for the climate (quite reasonable so far), BUT at the same time they want to expand air travel by building new airports, because economic growth! So yeah, so much for taking care of the climate.

AND the centre-right parties along with the farmer's lobby are celebrating that the EU will continue to support the destruction of forest ecosystems to replace fossil fuels with inefficient biofuels, BUT meanwhile wood stoves will be banned (they motivate this with particles from wood stoves supposedly causing cancer, but oddly they want to ban them even in the sparsely populated countryside), and this comes at the same time that they are talking about how Sweden needs to be prepared for war-scenarios (which among other things could mean that we need wood stoves to keep warm!). And just to make it even more bizarre, the ban does not apply to open fireplaces. Granted, I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that the burning of wood releases carcinogenic particles at the same rate regardless if its done in a stove or in an open fireplace. On the other hand I have the hands-on experience to know that open fireplaces are less efficient than stoves for both heating and cooking.

Contradictions upon contradictions upon contradictions!
Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 pm

And we will have a gun amnesty. To reduce crime supposedly. Nevermind that last time we had one (5 years ago) none of the 15 000 guns handed in had been used in any crime. In fact, it was mostly old hunting rifles, family heirlooms and antiques (even a bunch of front loaded muskets!). And an anti-aircraft thingy that some old fellow had kept from the WW2 era :D

Oh, and it won't apply to hand-grenades or other explosives, "because they're too dangerous". I'm not shitting you, that's what the police said.
So assuming that murderous criminals will willingly hand in their boomsticks (which they of course won't), they will still be able to blow people to pieces.
Hrafn

Postby Elf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Hrafn wrote:And we will have a gun amnesty. To reduce crime supposedly. Nevermind that last time we had one (5 years ago) none of the 15 000 guns handed in had been used in any crime. In fact, it was mostly old hunting rifles, family heirlooms and antiques (even a bunch of front loaded muskets!). And an anti-aircraft thingy that some old fellow had kept from the WW2 era :D

Oh, and it won't apply to hand-grenades or other explosives, "because they're too dangerous". I'm not shitting you, that's what the police said.
So assuming that murderous criminals will willingly hand in their boomsticks (which they of course won't), they will still be able to blow people to pieces.

Well, with Dan Eliasson as our new Head of the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, I'm sure we can feel safe... :lol:

This is a guy who has no qualifications other than being a member of the Social democratic party (and even the centre right gave him positions). In a period of ten years, he's been in charge of the Migration authority, the Social Insurance Agency, and (until a few dys ago), chief of the Swedish police. And haven't been very successful in any of those positions. Since he was hugely unpopular in his latest role, they kicked him and gave him this position instead. So now he's responsible for our public safety and emergency management. Feels secure...

Seriously. I think foreigners would be baffled at the kind of bureaucratic nepotism going on in our country.. stuff that could be called corruption in other places.

He's also famous for being an ex-punk rocker who once wrote a song with lines like: "But who the f*** wants a Swedish girl? A disco p**** without a brain? So I took the flight - the flight to Bangkok. I wanted to f*** - f*** in Bangkok. And I got to f*** - f*** in Bangkok." :roll:
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Elf » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm

LOL the new National Police Commissioner is the first one who is an actual police EVER. Can't make up this crap... :lol:

I think I'll like this guy though... he was the head of the Swedish Security Service before this.
Elf

Postby Polites » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 am

Eliasson must have done wonders for Swedish-Thai bilateral ties.
Polites

Postby soysauce » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Hrafn wrote:And we will have a gun amnesty. To reduce crime supposedly. Nevermind that last time we had one (5 years ago) none of the 15 000 guns handed in had been used in any crime. In fact, it was mostly old hunting rifles, family heirlooms and antiques (even a bunch of front loaded muskets!). And an anti-aircraft thingy that some old fellow had kept from the WW2 era :D

I think the idea of gun amnesties is to allow people to get rid of guns they don't need/want but haven't registered, or something like that. It prevents crime because unregistered guns often end up in the hands of criminals, better to eliminate the risk.

Also, the idea of the general public handing in old hand grenades is truly terrifying.
soysauce

Postby Hrafn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Elf wrote:This is a guy who has no qualifications other than being a member of the Social democratic party (and even the centre right gave him positions). In a period of ten years, he's been in charge of the Migration authority, the Social Insurance Agency, and (until a few dys ago), chief of the Swedish police. And haven't been very successful in any of those positions. Since he was hugely unpopular in his latest role, they kicked him and gave him this position instead. So now he's responsible for our public safety and emergency management. Feels secure...

When I first heard about this I jokingly suggested that maybe it's an exercise, because If the Civil Contingencies Agency can handle an attack by Dan Eliasson, they can f***ing handle anything. :lol:
Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 pm

soysauce wrote:

I think the idea of gun amnesties is to allow people to get rid of guns they don't need/want but haven't registered, or something like that. It prevents crime because unregistered guns often end up in the hands of criminals, better to eliminate the risk.

Also, the idea of the general public handing in old hand grenades is truly terrifying.

The thing is no criminal would ever use a hunting rifle or an antique gun. They use smuggled pistols and AK-47s from the Yugoslav wars, which will not be affected by the gun amnesty.
Hrafn

Postby Hrafn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Polites wrote:Eliasson must have done wonders for Swedish-Thai bilateral ties.

:lol:

Actually, the number of middle-aged Swedish men who bring home brides from Thailand is staggering.
Hrafn

Postby Elf » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

SelucianCrusader, Fri Jun 16, 2017 wrote:SSomething on those lines, but I doubt SD will actually be invited to the government itself, its more likely to be an M or M+KD (if they survive in parliament) with passive support from SD like DF in Denmark. Not sure what SD politicians the Moderate Party would accept in a cabinet apart from Mattias Karlsson, Paula Bieler and maybe a few other moderate (pun intended) representatives. Kent Ekeroth is finished (you know someone doesn't care anymore when he starts writing stuff about the death penalty on his FB page... :roll: ) and wouldn't surprise me if Björn Söder will go as well, he's served 8 years in parliament so now he'll have the right to a large pension until... pension.
I must be a psychic. :mrgreen:
Elf

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic