Swedish General Election, 2018

Anything that is not directly related to the game or its community.

Which party would you vote for?

Social Democrats (S)
22%
Sweden Democrats (SD)
33%
Moderate Party (M)
6%
Centre Party (C)
8%
Left Party (V)
14%
Liberal Party (L)
8%
Green Party (MP)
6%
Christian Democrats (KD)
2%
Feminist Initiative (F!)
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes : 51

Re: Swedish General Election, 2018

Postby Hrafn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Elf wrote:
SelucianCrusader, Fri Jun 16, 2017 wrote:SSomething on those lines, but I doubt SD will actually be invited to the government itself, its more likely to be an M or M+KD (if they survive in parliament) with passive support from SD like DF in Denmark. Not sure what SD politicians the Moderate Party would accept in a cabinet apart from Mattias Karlsson, Paula Bieler and maybe a few other moderate (pun intended) representatives. Kent Ekeroth is finished (you know someone doesn't care anymore when he starts writing stuff about the death penalty on his FB page... :roll: ) and wouldn't surprise me if Björn Söder will go as well, he's served 8 years in parliament so now he'll have the right to a large pension until... pension.
I must be a psychic. :mrgreen:

This will probably benefit both SD and Ekeroth. Good for SD because Ekeroth is scaring away some milquetoast conservatives (who buy into the fabricated media narrative about how he supposedly chased people on the streets at night armed with an iron bar (he didn't, not even close)). Good for Ekeroth because he will be free from SDs ideological straitjacket. Maybe he'll join AfS or go solo. He is a lot more radical than the party.

His speech in the parliament where he defended Viktor Orbán and attacked George Soros was brilliant. Of course he was immediately labeled an "antisemite" by the establishment (despite being a jew himself :lol: ), but that's a badge of honour these days. ;)
Hrafn

Postby PhilG » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Hrafn wrote:
Elf wrote:
SelucianCrusader, Fri Jun 16, 2017 wrote:SSomething on those lines, but I doubt SD will actually be invited to the government itself, its more likely to be an M or M+KD (if they survive in parliament) with passive support from SD like DF in Denmark. Not sure what SD politicians the Moderate Party would accept in a cabinet apart from Mattias Karlsson, Paula Bieler and maybe a few other moderate (pun intended) representatives. Kent Ekeroth is finished (you know someone doesn't care anymore when he starts writing stuff about the death penalty on his FB page... :roll: ) and wouldn't surprise me if Björn Söder will go as well, he's served 8 years in parliament so now he'll have the right to a large pension until... pension.
I must be a psychic. :mrgreen:

This will probably benefit both SD and Ekeroth. Good for SD because Ekeroth is scaring away some milquetoast conservatives (who buy into the fabricated media narrative about how he supposedly chased people on the streets at night armed with an iron bar (he didn't, not even close)). Good for Ekeroth because he will be free from SDs ideological straitjacket. Maybe he'll join AfS or go solo. He is a lot more radical than the party.

His speech in the parliament where he defended Viktor Orbán and attacked George Soros was brilliant. Of course he was immediately labeled an "antisemite" by the establishment (despite being a jew himself :lol: ), but that's a badge of honour these days. ;)

A) Jews are capable of being anti-Semitic. They are not a hivemind who are all 100% devoted to Jewishness (or whatever stupid bullshit it is these days).

B) No, it is not a "badge of honor," there's nothing honorable about being associated with Nazis.
Briser les chânes !
PhilG

Postby Hrafn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:43 am

PhilG wrote:A) Jews are capable of being anti-Semitic. They are not a hivemind who are all 100% devoted to Jewishness (or whatever stupid bullshit it is these days).

B) No, it is not a "badge of honor," there's nothing honorable about being associated with Nazis.

Of course there are people who hate their own group for various reasons, but don't you think it's quite ridiculous to accuse a jew of being antisemitic for criticizing a particular person (Soros, in this cases) who happens to be jewish? Organizations like the ADL, or in this case the Swedish Commitee Against Antisemitism, are really shooting themselves in the foot with this behaviour.
Hrafn

Postby PhilG » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 am

Hrafn wrote:
PhilG wrote:A) Jews are capable of being anti-Semitic. They are not a hivemind who are all 100% devoted to Jewishness (or whatever stupid bullshit it is these days).

Of course there are people who hate their own group for various reasons, but don't you think it's quite ridiculous to accuse a jew of being antisemitic for criticizing a particular person (Soros, in this cases) who happens to be jewish? Organizations like the ADL, or in this case the Swedish Commitee Against Antisemitism, are really shooting themselves in the foot with this behaviour.

Well, considering that all of the criticism against Soros comes from the fact that he's a wealthy Jew who supports leftist politics (thus playing into the Judeo-Bolshevik conspiracy garbage), I'd say it's pretty anti-Semitic. Literally, all Soros does is advocate for and support left-wing political movements and yet so many people froth at the mouth over him. The likeliness of this rage being caused by anything other than his Jewish descent is extremely low.
Briser les chânes !
PhilG

Postby Hrafn » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 am

PhilG wrote:
Hrafn wrote:

Well, considering that all of the criticism against Soros comes from the fact that he's a wealthy Jew who supports leftist politics (thus playing into the Judeo-Bolshevik conspiracy garbage), I'd say it's pretty anti-Semitic. Literally, all Soros does is advocate for and support left-wing political movements and yet so many people froth at the mouth over him. The likeliness of this rage being caused by anything other than his Jewish descent is extremely low.

Er, no. I would dislike Soros just as much if he was Swede or an Eskimo. His jewishness is actually quite irrelevant for me, and to the extent that it has any relevance, it's only because organizations such as the ADL keep pulling the antisemitism card whenever he and his ilk are scrutinized, for some unknown reason.

But seriously, are you saying that you believe that Kent Ekeroth (who, again, is a jew) hates Soros just because Soros is a jew, and not for any other reasons? Seriously? That's your hypothesis?
I suppose Netanyahu is an antisemite too then, since he attacks Soros on the same grounds that european nationalists do.
Hrafn

Postby PhilG » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:57 am

Hrafn wrote:
PhilG wrote:Well, considering that all of the criticism against Soros comes from the fact that he's a wealthy Jew who supports leftist politics (thus playing into the Judeo-Bolshevik conspiracy garbage), I'd say it's pretty anti-Semitic. Literally, all Soros does is advocate for and support left-wing political movements and yet so many people froth at the mouth over him. The likeliness of this rage being caused by anything other than his Jewish descent is extremely low.

Er, no. I would dislike Soros just as much if he was Swede or an Eskimo. His jewishness is actually quite irrelevant for me, and to the extent that it has any relevance, it's only because organizations such as the ADL keep pulling the antisemitism card whenever he and his ilk are scrutinized, for some unknown reason.

But seriously, are you saying that you believe that Kent Ekeroth (who, again, is a jew) hates Soros just because Soros is a jew, and not for any other reasons? Seriously? That's your hypothesis?
I suppose Netanyahu is an antisemite too then, since he attacks Soros on the same grounds that european nationalists do.

Not necessarily anti-Semitic, but perfectly capable of being a fascist, which isn't exactly much better. The only people I've ever seen constantly bash Soros are on the far-right (most of them also anti-Semites, but not all), most leftists (especially young ones) don't even know who the hell he is. I literally only know of him because Bill Maher (who I liked at the time, but not so much anymore) did a segment making fun of that very fact, which caused me to Google him. My immediate reaction was, "Why does this guy matter?" To this day, I still haven't figured out the answer to that question.
Briser les chânes !
PhilG

Postby Elf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

bviously, blasting anti-zionist atheist liberal George Soros on reasonable grounds is not anti-semitism, just like the far-right's favourite "proof" of the "conspiracy", anti-zionist liberal Barbra Lerner Specre, who is also working to destroy Israel.

I know. I have a friend down in Israel who've f****d her son. :D (apparently he was not particularly good in bed either)

However, I do agree that it can be a sign of anti-semitism if part of a broader anti-semitic context, like getting obsessed over Soros while not obsessing equally over similar liberal "philanthropists". Like "anti-zionism", when obsessing over Israel's supposed crimes but not any of it's neighbours or by any really heinous regimes, is just tiny-veiled anti-semitism, as it shows of having a special problem with the world's only Jewish state.

In any case - I doubt Ekeroth is an anti-semite, but has few constraints when it comes to seeking friends on the far right, since he believes the "cause" is more important than having a distance towards the far-right. He backs diverse "alternative media" outlets with writers that wouldn't exactly be considered "clean" even by SD standards. And I know he's courting some journalist at the rightist newspaper Magyar Hirlap. So it's probably the best for both him and the SD that he goes. It's gonna be interesting to see where he ends up... :lol:
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Polites » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am

Hungary's been using anti-Soros rhetoric that borrows a lot from and is uncomfortably similar to inter-war anti-Semitic rhetoric. Don't think that on its own qualifies as anti-Semitism, but when coupled with Orban's rehabilitation of Horthy, that does not bode well for the Hungarian government's record in this matter.
Polites

Postby Hrafn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Elf wrote:bviously, blasting anti-zionist atheist liberal George Soros on reasonable grounds is not anti-semitism, just like the far-right's favourite "proof" of the "conspiracy", anti-zionist liberal Barbra Lerner Specre, who is also working to destroy Israel.

And the King of Sweden awarded that witch a medal for "outstanding work for jewish culture in Sweden and internationally". I'm not sure why the King of Sweden should award people for promoting cultures other than Swedish culture, and I'm also not sure how destroying nation-states, including Israel, is a good way to promote jewish culture, or any culture for that matter.
Then again, Fredrik fucking Reinfeldt also got the same royal award, so I guess it's just a medal for being a psychopath and idiot?

Makes me question the monarchy really...
Hrafn

Postby Elf » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:02 pm

I support the monarchy, but I'd be fine with another royal house. I don't have high hopes about Victoria, sadly. In a future Nordic state, perhaps the Danish-Norwegian royal house could have our throne as well.

To be fair though, I doubt the king himself has much influence over (or even idea about) who gets a medal, those decisions are made by the Office of the Marshal of the Realm.

Polites wrote:Hungary's been using anti-Soros rhetoric that borrows a lot from and is uncomfortably similar to inter-war anti-Semitic rhetoric. Don't think that on its own qualifies as anti-Semitism, but when coupled with Orban's rehabilitation of Horthy, that does not bode well for the Hungarian government's record in this matter.
What's that rehabilitation all about? Him not being as bad as the Arrow cross people?
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic